Fernando Torres

He’s not going anywhere, no point kidding ourselves. We own the rights to his image, he still has commercial value, nobody is going to pay over £20m for this guy when Newcastle are scouting gold in the form of Cisse & Demba Ba for next to nothing.

He’s not going anywhere, no point kidding ourselves. We own the rights to his image, he still has commercial value, nobody is going to pay over £20m for this guy when Newcastle are scouting gold in the form of Cisse & Demba Ba for next to nothing.

He probably isn't going anywhere which is the sad thing. We don't need 20 million, I'd take 12 million just to get him off the fucking wage bill. I agree with Mourinho when he said '' I want footballers not movie stars'' when being linked to David Beckham. The facts are this guy has been benched by a 34 year old knee injured Drogba this season and his stock and value will definitely plummet further when he fails to make the Spanish squad for Euro 2012 !

He probably isn't going anywhere which is the sad thing. We don't need 20 million, I'd take 12 million just to get him off the fucking wage bill. I agree with Mourinho when he said '' I want footballers not movie stars'' when being linked to David Beckham. The facts are this guy has been benched by a 34 year old knee injured Drogba this season and his stock and value will definitely plummet further when he fails to make the Spanish squad for Euro 2012 !

Yea, we're pretty much stuck with him either way, nobody is going to pay £12m, as he'd want grandiose wages on top of that. Owning his image rights is somewhat of a consolation, it's not like Liverpool can commerically exploit Andy Carrol in the same way, for example.

I think all clubs in England are exploiting Liverpool :D

As awful as Torres has been at least we can thank our management for not using 70 million pounds to sign Carroll; Downing; Henderson and Charlie Adam - I'd be on suicide watch if I was in their predicament. Can't believe they can actually be double winners this year - it's up to us to stop this farce

At least some areas of his play has gone up despite the goalscoring not being a coherrent factor of his play lately. Last time i checked, he had about 15 assists to his name which is quite sublime for a striker - but, like everyone has said numerously, it is all about the goals. Hopefully a surge can hame more goals before the end of the season, as well as more assists, and help us turn around this season even more. I think he is gonna stay another season, which i think might be either his 'true' season under Roberto, or his 'closing' season, where his Chelsea career is finally given all hope from.

That's all very well and good, but Drogba starts at Wembley and Munich.

That's all very well and good, but Drogba starts at Wembley and Munich.

I reckon we will start Nando in the FA Cup final and Drogba in Munich! I have a feeling Torres will score a few against Pool to make up for his debut!

Excellent performance today. :)

I reckon we will start Nando in the FA Cup final and Drogba in Munich! I have a feeling Torres will score a few against Pool to make up for his debut!

No. Drogba has to start at Wembley. He "owns" that stadium. Playing Torres would risk too much of all the drama with Liverpool.