The end of Robbie

Ok. Let's look it your way. How is winning the Champions League lucky then ? It's a good result. Defeating Barcelona and triumphing against Bayer in their own back-yard. Those are good results, the same way draw vs Liverpool is a bad one.

But let me tell you one thing, football is much more than results. I've played (almost proffesionaly) the game and I can tell you that. Roman hasn't and he doesn't realise this.

Excuses you say ? Well Clattenburg masacre was probably something worst I've ever seen from a Premier league ref. We were robbed in front of the eyes of the whole world.

At the top end of football it is all about results, hench why 10-30% of teams a season sometimes more change manager's in England.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It now seems he approached The Spanish Waiter a good few days before he binned Robbie. I take it thats ok as well then? Maybe if Torres didn't keep tripped over his fucking lip this wouldn't have happened. He needs to be first one out the door.

We don't know the facts though, so i'm not going to comment on that. I agree about Torres though, it's a shame Sturridge is always injured to even regularly challenge him.

Ok. Let's look it your way. How is winning the Champions League lucky then ? It's a good result. Defeating Barcelona and triumphing against Bayer in their own back-yard. Those are good results, the same way draw vs Liverpool is a bad one.

But let me tell you one thing, football is much more than results. I've played (almost proffesionaly) the game and I can tell you that. Roman hasn't and he doesn't realise this.

Excuses you say ? Well Clattenburg masacre was probably something worst I've ever seen from a Premier league ref. We were robbed in front of the eyes of the whole world.

Last season is the past, we were fortunate in the last 3 games, but it doesn't matter now.

And i'm sure Roman sees football just as results, after all he has spent so much money to keep this club debt free and also to get the best players and managers. 2 wins in 8 is really not good enough after all the investment, i would be upset if it was my money.

Torres attitude towards Robbie before the penalties on Munich was pathetic. Then runs to the press saying that he was close to quitting?, well let me hold the door open for you. Miserable wanker that he is. Must be a bit of a c*nts life having to smile when your on £175,000+ a week

Because to look at it any other way is to totally ignore a number of important factors at play.

Like how our league form under RDM remained patchy at very best. Surely a manager who came in and turned the team around could have us performing against weaker domestic opposition week in week out?

We became a cup team. Putting in great performances for those one off games that mattered. It's then also worth noting that we done this with a squad of players who were facing their last chance at ever achieving what they were about to. No doubt RDMs man motivation helped galvanize the squad, but don't underestimate the will that that body of players showed.

We had lots of luck. Messi and Robben missing penalties that would surely of dumped us out of the competition. Situations like that, that ordinarily you would never of bet against.

Then we come in to the new season. The first tough European opposition we faced embarrassed us. A seemingly great start to the season was an image produced by a string of perfectly winnable games. Games that a team our standard should win 9 times out of 10, and we still didn't even manage to do that convincingly.

Then we faced Shakhtar who showed us up. We tossed a 2-0 lead away to Juventus, barely scrapped a win against Shakhtar and then lost 3-0 to Juve on our second meet. Lets also remember that our league form had dipped too. 10 games without clean sheets... etc etc I could go on.

The point is this. RDMs tenure makes for a great narrative, one that our fans are insistent on peddling because of the great picture it paints. I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a while were I had fallen for it to. But the objective among us shouldn't find it hard to step back and look at the bigger picture. When you start to look at it, RDM was nothing more than the beneficiary of some good fortune and team who were determined to make their last crack at the whip count. I have no doubt RDM was the right man at the right time. But he didn't, and wouldn't of had the quality we need to go forward.

It was a disgrace to sack a man that brought the greatest achievement in our history two weeks before he could win the next trophy, another we never had, just to sign a man whose job is to fill the 6 months before we could get a better manager.

Was Didier Drogba sacked?

A seemingly great start to the season was an image produced by a string of perfectly winnable games. Games that a team our standard should win 9 times out of 10, and we still didn't even manage to do that convincingly.

Since when are Arsenal and Tottenham away "perfectly winnable games"?

I never thought Robbie was the right guy to take the club forward but after what helped the club achieve last season he at least deserved a chance to prove otherwise. Let's not twist the facts, we had an excellent start for the season that exceeded most expectations. We were playing brilliantly apart from the games against Shakhtar and Swansea. And if we are going to appoint a temporary manager untill we get a world-class manager, then why not hold on to Robbie until we do so?

At the top end of football it is all about results, hench why 10-30% of teams a season sometimes more change manager's in England.

a little pure Maths ,,,if the probability of changing a manager is 30% or 0.3 in a year

then the probability of changing 3 in 3 years is 27/1000 or 2.7% I can give the figures for more years if you want

a little pure Maths ,,,if the probability of changing a manager is 30% or 0.3 in a year

then the probability of changing 3 in 3 years is 27/1000 or 2.7% I can give the figures for more years if you want

The probability stats of us changing managers shouldn't matter, we always end up with silverware after doing it, like Roman or not for sacking good managers it always provokes a reaction from the team. Like when Hiddink won the FA cup and probably should of had a chance to win the CL after Scolari got sacked, Robbie winning the CL and FA cup after AVB got sacked... surely history can only repeat itself... especially when we are in the Club World Cup and last 8 of the Capital One Cup with Arsenal being the only other top 4 team.

I have no doubt RDM was the right man at the right time. But he didn't, and wouldn't of had the quality we need to go forward.

And you know this based on one bad month. Roman didn't want him from day one but if he was such a boss why did he even give Robbie the job ? Then he waited for a mistake to sack him.

He deserved at least one season after what he'd done. Usually Henrique is the first one on this forum to say a manager must be sacked, yet even he said he wasn't sure. He couldn't be, because Robbie wasn't given enough time.

PS. I'm not discussing results with you guys anymore, cause according to you Arsenal and Spuds away were perfectly winnable games

RDM is our LEGEND but the sacking was on the card cause he's tactically poor , I've not seen him making any notes in any game , and to the people saying he deserved another season LOL ? His poor tactical decisions would have lost us the Premier League =P

I don't give a fuck, if you help us win the European Cup, you should stay on for at least a year. And not be replaced by RAFA BENITEZ.

Fucking infuriating.

But what about missing out on Europe next season, because of a finish outside of the top 4?

We've been on a poor run of form - and I think the board just couldn't see any signs of improvement - I think the loss to WBA was the final nail in his coffin...

I also think the excellent start to the season - gave the Board unrealistic expectations - hence RDM made a rod for his own back - Going from 1st to 3rd (when he was sacked) seemed like a U-Turn in performances and form.

I think 'everybody' was surprised he wasn't given until after Xmas - but the Board clearly thought a new manager before Xmas and January window would be a better option than retaining RDM's services.

We won't ever know if this decision was correct - as even if we judge RB from now to the end of the season, that's not comparing Apples with Apples...

So understand the frustration - but hopefully as a forum we can all move on and look forward to smashing Fulham...

Glad to see some people have sense on here in term of robbies tactical inept management this season!

Timing was right if not I'd prefer before the juve game. Gives the players just over a month to get rafas tactics down and he is able to make his recommendations to Michael emenalo on who should be signed to fit his system this season, for what it's worth. I.e. another CM maybe a striker or something