The end of Robbie

Disgusting way to be treated.

RDM -

Socks over knees.

Boro home impromptu celebration.

Peroxide hair Sheff Weds away.

Golden tanned thighs.

Dedicates 43 second goal to blind sister.

League Cup semi screamer against Arsenal at SB.

Stockholm. Kissing Vialli and Zola.

Aston Villa. Old Wembley. History.

St Gallen. Leg shatters in triplicate.

Career ends in a Chelsea top.

2012. Galvanises dysfunctional mob.

We won 5-1 Wembley.

FA Cup Final: Chelsea players throwing Bobby in the air in celebration in front of the ecstatic fans.

Napoli. Benfica. Barcelona. Munich.

His respectful, articulate dealings with the British pr*ss.

The way he and Eddie jumped, hugged and spun in utter jubilation after Torres rounded Valdes.

His defiant, joyful, clench fisted mental shake of the European Cup. The Blue and White ribbons of Chelsea Football Club ruffled his cheeks as his victorious roar joined with the celebrating thousands in the warm, Munich air.

Thanks Robbie !!

What a post. Everything robbie did for the club summed up. RDM will always be legend in the eyes of the fans & they will never forget how horribly he's been treated.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't comparing them in any way. There was a period, during Jose's first season with us where Fergie came under serious pressure due to some moody signings and being dumped out of Europe in the group stages. Klieberson, etc.

Hs is seemingly untouchable at Utd and rightly so, but there are fickle fans at every club and it wouldnt take much for the pressure to be applied. Ridiculous, but true. We, on the other hand will never know what thats like as we cant keep a manager for a year, let alone 26 of the fuckers.

If it makes you feel better, I highly doubt United will have another manager who lasts 26 years. Same goes for Arsenal with Wenger. It just doesn't happen that often anymore because the pressure is so great.

I absolutely believe United will go through a few managers after Fergie leaves, maybe not quite as fast as us but close.

The whole point with having a manager last a long period is that they've got to be the right guy. There are very few of those and in Roman's reign we've only had one that I believe was capable of it - Jose.

If it makes you feel better, I highly doubt United will have another manager who lasts 26 years. Same goes for Arsenal with Wenger. It just doesn't happen that often anymore because the pressure is so great.

I absolutely believe United will go through a few managers after Fergie leaves, maybe not quite as fast as us but close.

The whole point with having a manager last a long period is that they've got to be the right guy. There are very few of those and in Roman's reign we've only had one that I believe was capable of it - Jose.

Not Avram then? :D

I understand this are becomming ''unusefull'' people to us, but they are also legends at same time.

Lamps, Drogba, Di Matteo should all end different, despite they became to ''small'' to our club (by Roman's opinion).

Drogba should retire here, but he decided to play couple of more years, cant blame him, he left with huge respect from both sides. But Lamps should definately retire here, as he is greatest player to play for our club. No doubt. I understand that club wont paying him that much for second tier games from now on, but Lamps (if he realy loves our club) should accept lower payment and stay here for rest of his carrer. If he puts money ahead of staying with club, I just dont understand and cant accept. He only played for us then, but he doesnt care much anymore about us too if he cant accept smaller fee to stay here. I mean, he can still go live in America later or anywhere else. The point is to remain loyal. That is what it counts. And club shouldnt pay him more for that just to stay here. No one is bigger than club.

And Di Mattteo, well he should definately stay here until end of season and win CWC and maybe FA/Capital cup. I doubt he could win the PL or CL again. He did more than enough to at least finish one season and leave in big style, like at home stadium with fans cheering etc. Not with a defeat and the next day; ''you'r fired!''. The last bad games werent that bad to end his job. We are in transition and we were doing just fine. That game vs Napoli (at home), I felt the soul of our club for first time and something magical happend. Players were cheering, we had manager with passion and love to our club and fans were singing like never before. Stadium was full of magical energy.

Afterall even Real are doing bad recently and they have much bigger goals to achieve, but they didnt sack Mou. For fuck sake, Rdm should stay here till end of season, even if we played in europa league or finish ''only 3rd'' in PL. And for those who are happy with sacking because of bad results, YOU DONT SAY THANK YOU LIKE THAT TO A MANAGER WHO WON US FIRST CL TROPHY.

Anyway good luck RDM and thanks for the trophies and great moments.

But Lamps should definately retire here, as he is greatest player to play for our club. No doubt. I understand that club wont paying him that much for second tier games from now on, but Lamps (if he realy loves our club) should accept lower payment and stay here for rest of his carrer. If he puts money ahead of staying with club, I just dont understand and cant accept. He only played for us then, but he doesnt care much anymore about us too if he cant accept smaller fee to stay here. I mean, he can still go live in America later or anywhere else. The point is to remain loyal. That is what it counts. And club shouldnt pay him more for that just to stay here. No one is bigger than club.

As much as I'd love to see him retire at the club, it's selfish from the fans to ask him to take a pay cut just for the sake of warming the bench. If Lampard wants first team football and wants to earn more money somewhere else, he's earned every right to do so.

As soon as Robbie accepted that full time contract, after 3 weeks of waiting for Roman to give him it, I had a hunch he wouldn't last the season. I'm sure plenty of yous on here had the same gut feeling.

I honestly thought he'd have at least 1 season to try and win more trophies but even silverware isn't enough these days. Roman's standards are sky high.

I honestly thought he'd have at least 1 season to try and win more trophies but even silverware isn't enough these days. Roman's standards are sky high.

I don't think thats the problem, Roman wants a stellar name to produce good football and win trophies (Guardiola), Robbie was a mere option C or D. If it was Pep in the slump but he had us going towards the football Roman wanted, he'd get as much time as he wants.

Disgusting way to be treated.

RDM -

Socks over knees.

Boro home impromptu celebration.

Peroxide hair Sheff Weds away.

Golden tanned thighs.

Dedicates 43 second goal to blind sister.

League Cup semi screamer against Arsenal at SB.

Stockholm. Kissing Vialli and Zola.

Aston Villa. Old Wembley. History.

St Gallen. Leg shatters in triplicate.

Career ends in a Chelsea top.

2012. Galvanises dysfunctional mob.

We won 5-1 Wembley.

FA Cup Final: Chelsea players throwing Bobby in the air in celebration in front of the ecstatic fans.

Napoli. Benfica. Barcelona. Munich.

His respectful, articulate dealings with the British pr*ss.

The way he and Eddie jumped, hugged and spun in utter jubilation after Torres rounded Valdes.

His defiant, joyful, clench fisted mental shake of the European Cup. The Blue and White ribbons of Chelsea Football Club ruffled his cheeks as his victorious roar joined with the celebrating thousands in the warm, Munich air.

Thanks Robbie !!

can you also count how he jumped on almost every player out of sheer joy and stayed as a true gent even after being treated like garbage?

As much as I'd love to see him retire at the club, it's selfish from the fans to ask him to take a pay cut just for the sake of warming the bench. If Lampard wants first team football and wants to earn more money somewhere else, he's earned every right to do so.

Yes, but Scholes or Giggs did for United. The point is that I dont understand why would mean Lampard more to play in USA in shit league, rather to stay here in Chelsea with legends and still play cup games, etc. Because of MONEY? He wont have major role in any bigger club, as he is too old. And he has enough of money. We can give him some other job after he retires.

Yes, but Scholes or Giggs did for United. The point is that I dont understand why would mean Lampard more to play in USA in shit league, rather to stay here in Chelsea with legends and still play cup games, etc. Because of MONEY? He wont have major role in any bigger club, as he is too old. And he has enough of money. We can give him some other job after he retires.

United actually respects its legends, I don't see our board giving an extension to Lampard, under any circumstances.

We can give him some other job after he retires.

In the Megastore maybe?

Lamps is a proud guy. Why sit on a bench when you could go overseas and experience a whole new way of life?

I don't know how that would work with his home life, but it'd be nice to get away from the ***** in our media.