The end of Robbie

You don't get it, do you...

It isn't about winning.

maybe not for you, for me, i don't even want to think about going back to those times.

if i was offered an owner like abramovich fifteen or twenty years ago, i'd have bitten his hands off for it.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OUR club was here before Roman and will be here when he is gone and if the glory hunters leave as well we will still be Chelsea F C

true.

i sincerely hope that abramovich will stay with us for another three decades, preferably more.

So what ? Are you telling me that we basically kicked out Roberto for this nameless shit ? All these fuss for the sole purpose to play a negative and lacklustre football ? Then why nobody told Roberto to play this way ? He could have as well make us play a defensive football, couldn't he ? He proved us last year - both in Champions League and Premier League - that he is able to build a team defensively very strong, a team well organized, and a team which is build around its opponent's strengths (look at the different tactics used against Barça and Munich). And he is the man who started the "Bertrand as a LW" thing.

The decision to sack him has no credibility, no substance, nor logical whatsoever.

So what ? Are you telling me that we basically kicked out Roberto for this nameless shit ? All these fuss for the sole purpose to play a negative and lacklustre football ? Then why nobody told Roberto to play this way ? He could have as well make us play a defensive football, couldn't he ? He proved us last year - both in Champions League and Premier League - that he is able to build a team defensively very strong, a team well organized, and a team which is build around its opponent's strengths (look at the different tactics used against Barça and Munich). And he is the man who started the "Bertrand as a LW" thing.

The decision to sack him has no credibility, no substance, nor logical whatsoever.

he would have been sacked for playing a negative football and we all know what Roman wants - Rafaesque free-flowing magic :clown:

You don't need to have logic when you have as much money to throw around as Roman does. It may not be what people want to hear, but it's the truth. The sad truth.

This post just has no credibility, no substance nor logical whatsoever as well. One week ago Benitez wasnt the manager, and its only his second game. Judge him after 2 or 3 months. Perhaps Benitez is not the rigth man, but it doesnt mean RDM was.

This post just has no credibility, no substance nor logical whatsoever as well. One week ago Benitez wasnt the manager, and its only his second game. Judge him after 2 or 3 months. Perhaps Benitez is not the rigth man, but it doesnt mean RDM was.

I can see what you mean when you say Benitez not being the right person for the job doesn't mean that Robbie was. But isn't that the point this poster is trying to make? That it's nonsensical to fire one manager who might be wrong for the position only to replace him with someone else, who by many accounts, also might be the wrong person for the position? Where exactly is the logic in appointing a replacement who (in bringing so much baggage.... his unpopularity with the fans, the poor spell at Inter, his reputation for possessing poor man management skills and getting into squabbles with upper management) might be even more of a risk than the previous manager? It's an appointment decision that borderlines on incompetence.

Really, the board is just gambling. They're gambling with no clear plan or direction and as it is right now, the club is stumbling along blindly from one season to next with no development, consistency or guarantee of success.

Bro, it's proof that the Board hates the fans.

I wouldn't go as far a saying the Board hates the fans, but they certainly don't take our feelings into account in these matters. That would be alright if they hired an excellent gaffer that we vehemently disliked, but they hired a poor man-manager that's a numpty in the transfer market, tactically meh, and with whom we have some previous.

I wouldn't go as far a saying the Board hates the fans, but they certainly don't take our feelings into account in these matters. That would be alright if they hired an excellent gaffer that we vehemently disliked, but they hired a poor man-manager that's a numpty in the transfer market, tactically meh, and with whom we have some previous.

I have this feeling that The Board wants the Soccer Moms & generally well to do people to support the club. I feel that they have an agenda & will carry their plans out according to their whims. I think this so-called Chelsea Mutiny has put a dent into their style & they are falling flat on their face.

Bro, it's proof that the Board hates the fans.

Utter bollocks.

I have this feeling that The Board wants the Soccer Moms & generally well to do people to support the club. I feel that they have an agenda & will carry their plans out according to their whims. I think this so-called Chelsea Mutiny has put a dent into their style & they are falling flat on their face.

Of course the club wants people to support the club, but that doesn't mean they hate the fans. Let's not forget that the board (Buck in particular) stood by the fan's favourite player when he was accused of racism. Now from a purely PR perspective, they cold have easily gone a different way that would have probably been better for the club's image amongst 'soccer moms'. But they didn't. They even put him back in as Chelsea captain.

I must say i do miss Robbie, what a passionate bloke he was.

The best moment of Robbie was when Torres scored that goal and ran at the end of the sideline with Eddie Newton like we had won the Champions League, what a great bloke.

Liverpool had there Dalglish, United had there Charlton, but we had our Di Matteo.