The end of Robbie

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing though - people NOW claim we were lucky to win the Champions League, and the same people didn't say so after Munich or while Robbie was our manager. Hypocrisy, just like with Benitez.

We weren't? everyone knows we were, no need for a biased view. I didn't care at the time though, and neither do i care now.

RDM was a great guy, but the results stopped going his way. He could have been given more time, but imo the bad results would just have kept on going - it's always hard for us to break out of a funk, just like during AVB's days.

We were on the brink of CL elimination under him, and not only that - had won 0 of 4 in the league under him. It's not very good at all, from the reigning European Champions.

Last season AVB was given time despite bad form to turn our season around, he got us into next round of CL but continued to fail in the league which all but resulted in a 6th place finish.

Now let's say this time we can't make it out of the CL group and continued this bad form in the league, that's potential huge losses for the club.

I was as upset as anyone when i heard the RDM news but it's not like he was sacked for no reason. Good-luck to him at his next job.

Quite right on having your own opinion but sorry its a short sighted one. Who else was ready to take the reins? Until Pep came around. Benitez was asked, refused, he was first choice, reportedly.

Di Matteo was the perfect option for Roman, 2 year deal, easy pay off, appease the fans by giving the former player/CL winner a contract just waiting for him to fall short, which he did.

Again, as a former player I love the guy and yes its brutal but thats Roman, and its a winning formula at the moment in terms of trophies in the last 7 years and the growth of our club.

A short sighted opinion as far as your concerned of course. Not everyone will share that view. Yours is also an opinion, nothing more. Which can be disregarded as quickly as you did mine.

Despite all the trophies that we have enjoyed since Roman paid off the RBS. We are seen by many as a bit of a laughing stock because of the antics of our owner and the spineless board members. As much as I dislike them, Utd, Snivelpool and the arse will be remembered in the right way. Roman's behaviour, in time, will overshadow the trophies.

If he didn't think Robbie was right for the job then be brutal in June/July past and appoint someone else. Why appoint someone you don't rate? don't tell me The Spanish Waiter would have been the only choice pre-season past?

If he didn't think Robbie was right for the job then be brutal in June/July past and appoint someone else. Why appoint someone you don't rate? don't tell me The Spanish Waiter would have been the only choice pre-season past?

And you wouldn't have complained had he not hired the man who won the CL?

He deserved to get a chance at least, but he screwed up in November like pretty much every manager since Scolari - they all got fired for it.

I remember the days when I started supporting this club. Not too long ago tbh. It was these days when our players, we as fans, the board and everyone else was a union (or at least seemed so) and we were successful, but things have changed. A few years ago we had characters. Then Mourinho was sacked. And things changed. It was the first time in my life I felt angry and perplexed because of sports. It didn't make any sense to me, and it doesn't do now either.

More managers were sacked. Some sackings were justified, some others weren't. And everytime a manager left it became clearer that this wasn't about the people themselves but about business, money and titles. Things I personally have grown an aversion for.

You see RDM going and you think "What has this become?!". Last year, when AVB was fired, I was disappointed because it seemed like he was the right manager, although the results said something different. The following weeks were amazing. That night against Napoli at the Bridge, then the even more unbelievable night in Barcelona, the FA Cup final and Munich. I thought "This is Chelsea. The spirit, the attitude, the willingness to fight till the end."

But sacking RDM, in this horrible, horrible manner, is difficult to accept. You just don't fire a club legend that won you what you always wanted to win, at 4am and appoint a new manager, someone who called the own fans passionless and plastic, just a few hours later.

Chelsea doesn't feel right anymore. Chelsea is soulless. Chelsea has come to an end.

We weren't? everyone knows we were, no need for a biased view. I didn't care at the time though, and neither do i care now.

RDM was a great guy, but the results stopped going his way. He could have been given more time, but imo the bad results would just have kept on going - it's always hard for us to break out of a funk, just like during AVB's days.

We were on the brink of CL elimination under him, and not only that - had won 0 of 4 in the league under him. It's not very good at all, from the reigning European Champions.

Last season AVB was given time despite bad form to turn our season around, he got us into next round of CL but continued to fail in the league which all but resulted in a 6th place finish.

Now let's say this time we can't make it out of the CL group and continued this bad form in the league, that's potential huge losses for the club.

I was as upset as anyone when i heard the RDM news but it's not like he was sacked for no reason. Good-luck to him at his next job.

It's irrelevant were we or were we not. Point is that all of a sudden people change their minds. Tell me it ain't hypocrite.

RDM got a whole new team and had to compete against great squads WITH world-class strikers (Mancs teams). The only bad result for me was a draw against Liverpool, and even in that match we should've won 3 or 4-1.

Not to mention he was without Lamps & JT when we badly needed their experience. Also, Clattenburg case affected the team mentally. One bad month and he got the axe, well fuck me but that's not how you treat a legend even if he deserved to get sacked (which of course he didn't).

I was disappointed by how things went for us in CL, but it happens sometimes. Last year Fergie got knocked out in a group much easier than the one we have now. Yes we are champions who are building a new team. Give them time but give them stability also.

This is why I would never want another legend to become our manager. They simply don't deserve this.

At what cost? CFC is a soulless club now.

Why? because we sack managers? if that's the case Real and Inter must be too, or was it because it was a club legend we sacked? if that's the case then Liverpool are too.

Jesus, more of the same.

RDM may have been a classy manager. He may have been a gentleman and he may have been a good man motivator. But top quality tactician and footballing mind he wasn't. Can we accept that and move on please?

Managerial longevity would be great, and it would be even better if we were able to have a club legend like RDM at the helm. But so many people are letting this idealistic vision of what could have been cloud the reality.

RDM wasn't a top coach before us and he wont be after the fact. If the footballing world is convinced by his achievements then he will have no problem getting a position at a top club. However, I will be amazed if that happens.

If we want to complain about the manner in which we hire and fire managers then by all means do so. But can we please stop acting like we lost one of the greatest coaches we ever had in these latest turn of events.

Just today we played the Premier League champions and arguably the favorites to succeed this season too. We may not have had the best game of the season, but we kept a clean sheet - our first in ten games - due to a solid defensive performance - something we had barely seen this season under RDM - from team who for the first time in months didn't look clueless under pressure .

Lets start looking forward now, assuming that the positives from today weren't coincidence, and be happy that for the first time this season we genuinly look like we have a solid base to build on.

Chelsea doesn't feel right anymore. Chelsea is soulless. Chelsea has come to an end.

Jesus and i thought the stripping Lampard of his legend status after the AVB sacking was knee jerk :doh:

This is why I would never want another legend to become our manager. They simply don't deserve this.

Were not the only club too do this, Liverpool have sacked club legend's on more than one occasion, Newcastle hung Shearer out to dry.

Why? because we sack managers? if that's the case Real and Inter must be too, or was it because it was a club legend we sacked? if that's the case then Liverpool are too.

Well said.

It's irrelevant were we or were we not. Point is that all of a sudden people change their minds. Tell me it ain't hypocrite.

RDM got a whole new team and had to compete against great squads WITH world-class strikers (Mancs teams). The only bad result for me was a draw against Liverpool, and even in that match we should've won 3 or 4-1.

Not to mention he was without Lamps & JT when we badly needed their experience. Also, Clattenburg case affected the team mentally. One bad month and he got the axe, well fuck me but that's not how you treat a legend even if he deserved to get sacked (which of course he didn't).

I was disappointed by how things went for us in CL, but it happens sometimes. Last year Fergie got knocked out in a group much easier than the one we have now. Yes we are champions who are building a new team. Give them time but give them stability also.

Only bad result? really? Swansea away was a terrible result, they were very bad and we couldn't win, ala under AVB. West Brom away was not so bad, because we really gave them a difficult game, but at the end of the day they ended up with 3 points and we 0. And let's not even talk about games against Atletico, Juve and Shakhtar.

The thing about Injuries and suspensions happens to every club, not really much of an excuse.

Everything just fell apart after the 2 Man utd games, and perhaps he could have done better in fixing this.

Jesus and i thought the stripping Lampard of his legend status after the AVB sacking was knee jerk :doh:

Supporting Chelsea isn't the same as it was years ago for me. Little of it is left now. It's just the way I feel about it. No more, no less.

Well said.

Only bad result? really? Swansea away was a terrible result, they were very bad and we couldn't win, ala under AVB. West Brom away was not so bad, because we really gave them a difficult game, but at the end of the day they ended up with 3 points and we 0. And let's not even talk about games against Atletico, Juve and Shakhtar.

The thing about Injuries and suspensions happens to every club, not really much of an excuse.

Everything just fell apart after the 2 Man utd games, and perhaps he could have done better in fixing this.

You are joking surely, Swansea away wasn't such a bad result. The penalty we should have been given for the barge on Moses at the Hawthorns would have changed things and we should have beat the bin dippers. Robbed against Man Ure at home. Robbie can argue he was dealt a bad hand. Fuck knows what would have happened if he had suffered the same fate as Man Ure a few years back, 3-6 to Southampton and 0-5 to us and beat by the Geordies as well.

You are joking surely, Swansea away wasn't such a bad result. The penalty we should have been given for the barge on Moses at the Hawthorns would have changed things and we should have beat the bin dippers. Robbed against Man Ure at home. Robbie can argue he was dealt a bad hand. Fuck knows what would have happened if he had suffered the same fate as Man Ure a few years back, 3-6 to Southampton and 0-5 to us and beat by the Geordies as well.

It is a bad result, just like the Liverpool and WBA game. For sure you can make all the excuses that could have turned those games, but that's all if and buts. At the end of the day we came out with 2 points out of a possible 9, lost our lead at the top, and eventually have fallen to 4th.

It is a bad result, just like the Liverpool and WBA game. For sure you can make all the excuses that could have turned those games, but that's all if and buts. At the end of the day we came out with 2 points out of a possible 9, lost our lead at the top, and eventually have fallen to 4th.

And???? that deserved the sack?, You are joking, surely

I have never said he deserved the sack, but it was coming the way results started turning against us at this time of the year, yet again.

It now seems he approached The Spanish Waiter a good few days before he binned Robbie. I take it thats ok as well then? Maybe if Torres didn't keep tripped over his fucking lip this wouldn't have happened. He needs to be first one out the door.

Ok. Let's look it your way. How is winning the Champions League lucky then ? It's a good result. Defeating Barcelona and triumphing against Bayer in their own back-yard. Those are good results, the same way draw vs Liverpool is a bad one.

But let me tell you one thing, football is much more than results. I've played (almost proffesionaly) the game and I can tell you that. Roman hasn't and he doesn't realise this.

Excuses you say ? Well Clattenburg masacre was probably something worst I've ever seen from a Premier league ref. We were robbed in front of the eyes of the whole world.