The Benitez Thread

CHOULO19

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa Out?

Yes, if he keeps us in top 4, then we can call his spell somewhat a success, because he's fulfilled the minimum requirement. But it begs the question in me - was it really necessary to humiliate and sack Robbie for someone else to stick teeth and nails in a top 4 position? Was an inspirational Champions League and FA Cup winning manager really so crap that he couldn't have done it himself instead of a two year unemployed Chelsea unfaithful?

In hindsight this shenanigan seems so pointless. Actually can it be called "hindsight" if there never looked like being a point to it at all?

It was needed.

In my eyes Roman and Co. knew RDM could have gotten the job done (and won atleast 1 other cup),but then that means we would never have been in position to sign Pep. (Yes we lost that race, but they got lucky and now JM is an option waiting for us.)

I honestly believe that was the case. As naieve or dumb-witted as that may sound. They knew Rafa would be get this hate, they knew he hadnt coached for years on end, but it was a price they were willing to pay because the grass is always greener on the side for the Board (when they make these rash decisions) because we continue to win trophies in the end.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are shaky without Hazard (and hopeless without Mata+Hazard) and you know it.

And that's what I said we still needed to strengthen.

Our bench is pathetic to say the least.

We need a top forward.

And then whatever else the coach needs.

i have a question to rafael benitez:

why do you sell all fc liverpool africans like el hadji diouf, djibril cisse and and..

or sell players like xabi alonso, igor biscan, luis garcia, harry kewell or milan baros,

why do you destroy the hard work of gerard houllier, i meen damn we won the champions league,

than you and fc liverpool sold all the big stars, i meen damn there is no logic, i meen damn why,

manchester united have now more premier league titles than fc liverpool, now ya all ask yourself:

WHY FC LIVERPOOL DON´T WIN SINCE YEARS THE ENGLAND MOST WANTED PREMIER LEAGUE TITLE??

422888_10150584828573517_2050956406_n.jp

BLACK IS THE COLOUR.. FFF FRANCE IS THE NATIONALTEAM, GERARD HOULLIER IS THE MANAGER!!

And that's what I said we still needed to strengthen.

Our bench is pathetic to say the least.

We need a top forward.

And then whatever else the coach needs.

We need the combination of a good manager (who can read the games well and create a strong cohesive unit within the team) AND a good squad.. Are we a cohesive unit without only 2 players? No. Should the manager work on that situation? Yes. Did Benitez show us that we can cope without these 2? No. What kind of manager is that?!

We need the combination of a good manager (who can read the games well and create a strong cohesive unit within the team) AND a good squad.. Are we a cohesive unit without only 2 players? No. Should the manager work on that situation? Yes. Did Benitez show us that we can cope without these 2? No. What kind of manager is that?!

Tell that to Barcelona without Messi and Madrid without Ronaldo.

Two of the best manager in the world could not win shit without them.

Now Chelsea is forming something similar with these two players.

So can't really blame the manager for that.

What we can do is have better depth.

We are playing awesome, and that's something I doubt we will see with Mourinho.

I hope roman see this and keep Benitez or get a manager like pellegrini that likes this attacking football as I want to see more of it.

Tommy, why you want to be an asian girl?

i want be in the next life definetly asia ladyboy or asia lady..

bro, i have only bad luck in my football career or in my work career,

i am sick of this boy life, FUCK BOY LIFE, before when i was younger i got so much sexy girls,

i am here online in camfrog video chat, i saw some sexy asia ladyboys & ladies,

they enjoy theire sexy life, model, strip, bar and and, i want also enjoy life, i meen damn bro,

these sexy asia ladyboys, i bet they sex every day another top model, girls love ladyboys,

but they don´t want say this to us boys, they cheat us with these sexy asia/thai ladyboys, trust me bro!!

Tell that to Barcelona without Messi and Madrid without Ronaldo.

Two of the best manager in the world could not win shit without them.

Now Chelsea is forming something similar with these two players.

So can't really blame the manager for that.

What we can do is have better depth.

I don't care about those clubs, let's look at a Chelsea example: We used to find a way to beat weaker teams even when Drogba wasn't available.. I want that Chelsea back.

I don't care about those clubs, let's look at a Chelsea example: We used to find a way to beat weaker teams even when Drogba wasn't available.. I want that Chelsea back.

Then need to get Mourinho and get a lot of money.

Mourinho we might get, but I'm not sure if he will get a lot of money like the first time he came.

Give all the stick you want, but just don't say that that single sub in the 86th minute is what prevented us from winning when we practically gifted Tottenham two goals and wasted at least 3-4 clear-cut chances.

the team was tired. the failure to use his subs and freshen up the team cost us the game

This guy really doesn't do himself any favours does he? In a game that was screaming for Ba to come on, screaming for Lamps to come on to give our crowd that extra lift he brings on Benayoun. The crowd started chanting Jose Mourinho, which obviously isn't helpful for the team but he brought it on himself and the team. The most daftest decision I've seen made by him in a long time.

His substitution making is awful for a manager of his 'quality'. In a game when we can hold out for a win don't bring attacking players - JT should have been subbed on for hazard to give a extra man marking when Spurs were going to attack in the last part of the game. Cannot sub on like for like unless we aren't winning. Oh well 3 games left!

the team was tired. the failure to use his subs and freshen up the team cost us the game

Not necessarily. What proof is there that the subs would have scored? On the other hand, we would have surely won the game had Cahill and Luiz not made those silly mistakes and had one of our attackers scored one of those many clear cut chances. But it's just a lot easier to blame Benitez..

the point is if he had the guts to take off torres and put on BA even in the 60th minute, we could and WOULD have closed the game. how many times did torres lose the ball with a poor pass or just ran into a defender. not left or right, just simply ran into him and then asked the ref for a foul!!!

rambo looked shattered in the 2nd half. for the first time that i have seen rambo play, it seemed he was really tired, why not get lamps on... the point is that his 86th minute substitution did cost us the match because he dint make the proper substitution earlier. we are battered , bruised and tired and the least we should be doing is getting players off the pitch who seem to be losing it to get fresher players on.

so i will say that benitez's substitution at the right time (or rather lack of it) and his substitutions in general cost us the match.

A lot of if's in there and the point is that those were not nearly our biggest problems yesterday. You just insist on blame him for the sake of it when he had nothing to do with the obvious reasons why we did not win the match.

A lot of if's in there and the point is that those were not nearly our biggest problems yesterday. You just insist on blame him for the sake of it when he had nothing to do with the obvious reasons why we did not win the match.

what was the obvious reason? our finishing, right? then bring on the best striker we have in our squad in place of a useless one. the next reason would be lack of energy from midfield, lamps should have come on in place of rambo.

it might not be as black and white as i state but one of the main reason why we dint win yesterday was that torres was there for 90 minuted, no way should torres have played 90 mins yesterday. and in no way should yossi have been on the pitch. as simple as that.

what was the obvious reason? our finishing, right? then bring on the best striker we have in our squad in place of a useless one. the next reason would be lack of energy from midfield, lamps should have come on in place of rambo.

it might not be as black and white as i state but one of the main reason why we dint win yesterday was that torres was there for 90 minuted, no way should torres have played 90 mins yesterday. and in no way should yossi have been on the pitch. as simple as that.

That's very easy to say in hind sight. No one was calling to bring Ba on before they scored in the 84th minute and chances are, with so little time remaining, Ba wouldn't have scored had he come on. And Torres was not the one missing all the chances, Mata, Hazard and Ramires were.