The Benitez Thread

CHOULO19

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa Out?

You're right. Had di Matteo still been our coach, we would have lost against West Ham, QPR, Newcastle, Southampton. We also would have drawn against Fulham, Southampton and Reading.

Its easy to say that, would we have won away to Everton, United, smased Villa ?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adrian Durham cunting him off on talkSPORT just now with regards to the Oscar substitution. I honestly can't get my head around this cunt and his fuckwit substitutions. I mean, why?

Rafa also featured on today's Heads Gone :-)

Rafa´s substitutions might be seen as clueless but only he knows why he had done it.

Some players might had knocks as he said, some looked tired to him...over all Rafa has done well for several months.

Rafa´s substitutions might be seen as clueless but only he knows why he had done it.

Some players might had knocks as he said, some looked tired to him...over all Rafa has done well for several months.

Some players did look tired, yet we only made 2 subs. There is no logical reason for Benayoun coming on and just 2 changes.

Some players did look tired, yet we only made 2 subs. There is no logical reason for Benayoun coming on and just 2 changes.

Well, may I suggest to look at Chelsea´s bench ?

What do you see there ? I see nobody.

So many games, the team plays in every 3rd game...One thing I would not blame him for rotations. He really has very little options.

Its easy to say that, would we have won away to Everton, United, smased Villa ?

Well, regarding Aston Villa, it's a win against a team which fight to avoid the relgation. Granted it's a huge score line, at the end of the day that's three points against a team from which we merely had to take three points. Nothing special. As for Everton, it's a tricky team and they are the 3rd best home team, so well play — just as United (maybe if they weren't playing for 'nothing', it would have been different ?).

But, taking into consideration what I said in my previous post : we took three points out of 21 from this seven games. Out of those six teams, two are going down, and the others are respectively 3, 4, 5, 5 and 8 points away from the relegation. That's 18 points lost out of 21 from games which we should have won. We should have, at the very least, had taken 15 points from those games. We would have 12 points in more, which means that we would have had now 81 points — 4 below United and 6 ahead of City (had we not beat Arsenal/Everton and United, we would be on par with them).

Furthemore, gainst top-table opponents — namely United, City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Everton, Loserpool — we took 12 points out of 21 available (seven games) -> we took 'only' half of them. I do not believe that's an over-achievement.

Finally, since that skinny dude is the manager, here's the League table :

United -> 55 pts (23 games)

Tottenham -> 49 (24)

Arsenal -> 47 (23)

City -> 47 (24)

Chelsea -> 45 (24)

We're not in the top four.

With all respect - people often "know" why they do things but that doesn't mean they make sound decisions. Perhaps they just don't know enough and need help.

And Benayoun looked exhausted after just 5 minutes on the pitch.

We had Terry, Lampard and Ba on the bench, no?

Well, may I suggest to look at Chelsea´s bench ?

What do you see there ? I see nobody.

So many games, the team plays in every 3rd game...One thing I would not blame him for rotations. He really has very little options.

Terry, Lampard, Ba!

I see experience, game changers. The best defender available. One of the best midfielders of his generation, who is set up for that situation, and our best striker available... All on the bench. You see no-one. I see Quality.

Well, regarding Aston Villa, it's a win against a team which fight to avoid the relgation. Granted it's a huge score line, at the end of the day that's three points against a team from which we merely had to take three points. Nothing special. As for Everton, it's a tricky team and they are the 3rd best home team, so well play — just as United (maybe if they weren't playing for 'nothing', it would have been different ?).

But, taking into consideration what I said in my previous post : we took three points out of 21 from this seven games. Out of those six teams, two are going down, and the others are respectively 3, 4, 5, 5 and 8 points away from the relegation. That's 18 points lost out of 21 from games which we should have won. We should have, at the very least, had taken 15 points from those games. We would have 12 points in more, which means that we would have had now 81 points — 4 below United and 6 ahead of City (had we not beat Arsenal/Everton and United, we would be on par with them).

Furthemore, gainst top-table opponents — namely United, City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Everton, Loserpool — we took 12 points out of 21 available (seven games) -> we took 'only' half of them. I do not believe that's an over-achievement.

Tottenham -> 49 (24)

Arsenal -> 47 (23)

City -> 47 (24)

Chelsea -> 45 (24)

Bro you need to stop using stats. It makes the people that say FSW is our savior looking stupid ;) BTW, I don't believe the Villa match to be a walk in the park. They will be fighting relegation & they have been playing some good footie as of late. Won their last two & in their last home match it was 6-1 in their favor. CFC need to be on their p's & q's to get all 3 points.

Tottenham -> 49 (24)

Arsenal -> 47 (23)

City -> 47 (24)

Chelsea -> 45 (24)

Very interesting this Peace. Thanks, I'll be using it in any argument against the ones that blindly love Rafa/think he's done a good job. Rafa's been average, he's not overachieved simply because we failed to take points against the bottom half of the table.

Terry, Lampard, Ba!

I see experience, game changers. The best defender available. One of the best midfielders of his generation, who is set up for that situation, and our best striker available... All on the bench. You see no-one. I see Quality.

I don't see that much quality in Ba, tbh (and I know I am going to get slated for saying this). Imo Torres has been better than him ever since he came. I was trying to find his thread in the 'Current Squad' subforum earlier and I had to go to the second page to find it, which imo speaks volumes.

Furthermore, in a recent poll nobody voted him as the best signing of the season, and only one person voted him when asked 'Who do you see here in 5 years time?'. So, long story short, he has been above-average.

I don't see that much quality in Ba, tbh (and I know I am going to get slated for saying this). Imo Torres has been better than him ever since he came. I was trying to find his thread in the 'Current Squad' subforum earlier and I had to go to the second page to find it, which imo speaks volumes.

Furthermore, in a recent poll nobody voted him as the best signing of the season, and only one person voted him when asked 'Who do you see here in 5 years time?'. So, long story short, he has been above-average.

It also means that he hasn't had any poor performances.

Torres I think has more than 3 times the pages that lampard has...

Lampard is 100 times the player torres is... And it's only because he has been that bad that he would be talked about more. As for the voting. No he hasn't lit anything up... When you compare him to the likes of hazard. And azpi has been better value at 7mil. But for me ba has been head and shoulders ahead of torres. Just simply in what he offers for the rest of the team, even though he hasn't been playing that great.

As for the "who do you see here in 5 years time"...

We are Chelsea a buying club. Ba was a value buy with good resale value to help us... He was never bought to be a long term number 1 striker, so it is very likely he won't be here.

But in terms of the game yesterday. He can hold up the ball better than torres. He is stronger... And most importantly he was fresh.

When it comes to making substitutions this guy is truly the worst, I've never known anyone so bad at it.

It's weird for a man who managed to change the game in the great come back against AC Milan, by putting a defensive midfielder on at halftime which ended up changing the possession massively.

You're right. Had di Matteo still been our coach, we would have lost against West Ham, QPR, Newcastle, Southampton. We also would have drawn against Fulham, Southampton and Reading.

With di matteo as our coach, the results would have been pretty much the same...except maybe 1 win rather than a draw out of the fixtures you listed.

Also, with di Matteo as our coach, we wouldn't have beaten United 1-0, most likely would of lost against Everton and i'm certain we would of screwed up against some other mid-table side.

Kinda glad that Roman pulled the trigger on Di Matteo, hope he gets a coaching job sooner or later.

Ba has been better than Torres, that shouldn't even be debatable.

Torres hasn't scored in the league since Ba's arrival. Torres scores in the Europa League where surprise, surprise he has no competition for his place.

Is this a serious post? Ba is a worse than Torres because his topic was lower? Have you read Torres's topic and what 95% is made of? Hate towards him. In fact his topic has the most pages, does this mean he's our best player? It's also no surprise he wasn't voted for best signing of the season when he's been used sparsely, he joined only in January and we signed Hazard. Also, you're saying Ba has been above average and Torres has been better, what does that make Torres then... good?

You're entitled to your opinion, but your arguments to support this opinion aren't valid.