The Benitez Thread

CHOULO19

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa Out?

With all respect - people often "know" why they do things but that doesn't mean they make sound decisions. Perhaps they just don't know enough and need help.

And Benayoun looked exhausted after just 5 minutes on the pitch.

We had Terry, Lampard and Ba on the bench, no?

Yep, a bench full of nobodies, Lamps, JT and Ba. I'd rather he brought in Ross Turnbull and put him on the wing, instead of Benayoun.

Benayoun, like Thrush, will be gone in a matter of weeks, thank fuck.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, a bench full of nobodies, Lamps, JT and Ba. I'd rather he brought in Ross Turnbull and put him on the wing, instead of Benayoun.

Benayoun, like Thrush, will be gone in a matter of weeks, thank fuck.

It's always funny seeing Benayoun on the pitch...such a useless player.

He must love life at Chelsea....just train with the first team squad, make a few time wasting substitute appearances and then collect your weekly wages.

Why did we keep him this season?

To be honest, I'd rather see the skinny Josh McEachran on the bench than Benayoun..who kissed the Arsenal badge and celebrating when RvP beat us last season

Terry, Lampard, Ba!

I see experience, game changers. The best defender available. One of the best midfielders of his generation, who is set up for that situation, and our best striker available... All on the bench. You see no-one. I see Quality.

JT & Frank were rested for Saturday´s game. I agree BA could have played. I see no reason to play them. You can not see what Rafa´s thinking.

Yep, a bench full of nobodies, Lamps, JT and Ba. I'd rather he brought in Ross Turnbull and put him on the wing, instead of Benayoun. Benayoun, like Thrush, will be gone in a matter of weeks, thank fuck.

Did that on FIFA, as a joke (instead it was Courtois!). But agree, hopefully this summer it will be a clear out (Benayoun, Malouda, possibly Marin on loan). And then the reinforcement of game changers can begin! Not much tweaking though, just need someone 'special' to take over! :eyebrows:

With di matteo as our coach, the results would have been pretty much the same...except maybe 1 win rather than a draw out of the fixtures you listed.

Also, with di Matteo as our coach, we wouldn't have beaten United 1-0, most likely would of lost against Everton and i'm certain we would of screwed up against some other mid-table side.

Kinda glad that Roman pulled the trigger on Di Matteo, hope he gets a coaching job sooner or later.

away wins at arsenal and tottenham. the way we toyed with pool for 60 odd minutes before suarez pushed rambo to score.

under RDM we were having a bad phase like in almost evry other winter. the juventus game was bad. he gambled and lost the plot but i can safely say this RDM HAD FAR MORE KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT HE WAS DOING AND WANTED TO DO WITH THIS CHELSEA SQUAD THAN FSW EVER WILL.

I don't see that much quality in Ba, tbh (and I know I am going to get slated for saying this). Imo Torres has been better than him ever since he came. I was trying to find his thread in the 'Current Squad' subforum earlier and I had to go to the second page to find it, which imo speaks volumes.

Furthermore, in a recent poll nobody voted him as the best signing of the season, and only one person voted him when asked 'Who do you see here in 5 years time?'. So, long story short, he has been above-average.

The thing with Ba - he's shown up in the big games, where our defenders and mids are closed down quickly and they play the long ball over the top to Ba. His goal vs City was typical example of this. I think Ba was a great signing, especially at 7mil, but NOT as a first-choice striker. Next season, when we get a proper quality striker, Ba will be a great option to thrown on from the bench and add a presence up-front. Something like the role Dzeko plays at City

Is this a serious post? Ba is a worse than Torres because his topic was lower? Have you read Torres's topic and what 95% is made of? Hate towards him. In fact his topic has the most pages, does this mean he's our best player? It's also no surprise he wasn't voted for best signing of the season when he's been used sparsely, he joined only in January and we signed Hazard. Also, you're saying Ba has been above average and Torres has been better, what does that make Torres then... good?

You're entitled to your opinion, but your arguments to support this opinion aren't valid.

The fact that Ba's topic is lower doesn't make him worse than Torres, what has made Torres better than him this season is his performances. I am not saying Torres has been good, but he is somewhere between above-average and good. I should've said slightly better in order to make that clearer. I wasn't trying to praise Torres, btw. The point I was trying to make is that, considering the hype that surrounded his move, so far Ba has been a disappointment.

If I had to rate their seasons, I think if I was generous I would give Torres a 7. A 6 is the highest I'd give Ba.

The fact that Ba's topic is lower doesn't make him worse than Torres, what has made Torres better than him this season is his performances. I am not saying Torres has been good, but he is somewhere between above-average and good. I should've said slightly better in order to make that clearer. I wasn't trying to praise Torres, btw. The point I was trying to make is that, considering the hype that surrounded his move, so far Ba has been a disappointment.

If I had to rate their seasons, I think if I was generous I would give Torres a 7. A 6 is the highest I'd give Ba.

how? why? what do u see when you watch a football match? did you watch the united game. BA was in vidic's face every bloody minute and every bloody second. he might not have won even 40% of the long balls but just his making the defenders work counts a lot. his hold up play is brilliant and infinite times better than the ladyboy you think is better than him. the fact that BA has scored 2 BRILLIANT AND AWESOME goals against the MANCHESTER clubs tells us about his quality. when was the last time torres scores against a proper top flight english club? all he has done is score against pub clubs like brentford and europa league clubs.

how any1 in the world can say "If I had to rate their seasons, I think if I was generous I would give Torres a 7. A 6 is the highest I'd give Ba." is beyond me.

how? why? what do u see when you watch a football match? did you watch the united game. BA was in vidic's face every bloody minute and every bloody second. he might not have won even 40% of the long balls but just his making the defenders work counts a lot. his hold up play is brilliant and infinite times better than the ladyboy you think is better than him. the fact that BA has scored 2 BRILLIANT AND AWESOME goals against the MANCHESTER clubs tells us about his quality. when was the last time torres scores against a proper top flight english club? all he has done is score against pub clubs like brentford and europa league clubs.

how any1 in the world can say "If I had to rate their seasons, I think if I was generous I would give Torres a 7. A 6 is the highest I'd give Ba." is beyond me.

Only 6 goals in 20 games is still a disappointment in my book, no matter what.

Now I read above, RDM had more knowledge about football than Rafa..?

In what way, i´d like to know ?

Because Robbie is an articulated, educated guy who has studied the beautiful game. Whereas thrush had early experience as an extra in the early Planet of the Ape films.

Snivelpool couldn't get rid of Thrush quickly enough in the end and, since then, no cunt has wanted him.......except us of course, for some fuckwit, arsewipe reason.

All the management jobs that habitually come up and not one for Thrush. Ever think to wonder why?

Because Robbie is an articulated, educated guy who has studied the beautiful game. Whereas thrush had early experience as an extra in the early Planet of the Ape films.

Snivelpool couldn't get rid of Thrush quickly enough in the end and, since then, no cunt has wanted him.......except us of course, for some fuckwit, arsewipe reason.

All the management jobs that habitually come up and not one for Thrush. Ever think to wonder why?

First of all, I have no clue where you came up with all these above...secondly, I´d rather if you stop swearing here. Perhaps, then we may carry on...?

Only 6 goals in 20 games is still a disappointment in my book, no matter what.

really? 3664 minutes for 20 goals for torres, compared to 6 IMPORTANT GOALS WHICH ACTUALLY COUNT AND AGAINST DECENT/GOOD OPPOSITION in 843 minutes. plus these are just stats. i wont care if torres had scored 1 goal in all the season if he has actually added something to us and played welll. most of the games he plays, it feels we are playing with 10 men. is it such a suprise that our league form has improved miles since january? NO. the simple reason being that when we had to play torres in EL, FA cups, BA playing in PL has made us better. and that is what matters.

Now I read above, RDM had more knowledge about football than Rafa..?

In what way, i´d like to know ?

in the very simple and basic way that while RDM put in MAZACAR since his first match this season, FSW (due to his excellent knowledge of the game) was very skeptical of this and we rarely saw the 3 maestros playing together. remember how much moses was preferred over oscar in FSW's early days (not saying moses is bad but he aint no oscar). as soon as he put in MAZACAR back together we have been playing well.

seondly oscar's position. wonder why RDM never played him on the wings, to the point of even sacrificing mata on the wings. another BIG reason that i feel RDM was way more accustomed to these players than FSW can EVER be.

MOST importantly, RDM might not be a special one but i dont remember him putting him bad subs match after match. not saying that he never got a call wrong, but the point that FSW has screwed us over so mant times with his team selection (like choosing torres over BA to play at anfield when even by his rotation policy, it should have been BA who should have started, wait scratch that, BY ANY MEASURE it should have been BA who should have started) and what do i say about his brilliant subs.

so did u get to know?

in the very simple and basic way that while RDM put in MAZACAR since his first match this season, FSW (due to his excellent knowledge of the game) was very skeptical of this and we rarely saw the 3 maestros playing together. remember how much moses was preferred over oscar in FSW's early days (not saying moses is bad but he aint no oscar). as soon as he put in MAZACAR back together we have been playing well.

seondly oscar's position. wonder why RDM never played him on the wings, to the point of even sacrificing mata on the wings. another BIG reason that i feel RDM was way more accustomed to these players than FSW can EVER be.

MOST importantly, RDM might not be a special one but i dont remember him putting him bad subs match after match. not saying that he never got a call wrong, but the point that FSW has screwed us over so mant times with his team selection (like choosing torres over BA to play at anfield when even by his rotation policy, it should have been BA who should have started, wait scratch that, BY ANY MEASURE it should have been BA who should have started) and what do i say about his brilliant subs.

so did u get to know?

When Rafa came in November, the team was in shambles, he had to adapt, slowly but surely he has adapted & currently Chelsea are playing the best football of this shitty season, in my view.

Since Rafa is the current Chelsea´s coach, for us all these ifs & buts are meaningless. Another month or so, Rafa´s gone & then you all can start posting your bombastic strategies here again.

First of all, I have no clue where you came up with all these above...secondly, I´d rather if you stop swearing here. Perhaps, then we may carry on...?

You know?, Lets not carry on. Swearing is part of my working class upbringing and, I suppose, a way of stressing my point. I am not the only one to swear on here but I am singled out so....if it offends you, then feel free to ignore me and my posts, I'll happily ignore you :rolleyes:

When Rafa came in November, the team was in shambles, he had to adapt, slowly but surely he has adapted & currently Chelsea are playing the best football of this shitty season, in my view.

Since Rafa is the current Chelsea´s coach, for us all these ifs & buts are meaningless. Another month or so, Rafa´s gone & then you all can start posting your bombastic strategies here again.

arsenal away, tottenham 4-2. suprising how people have forgotten those matches so quickly. if u ask me, our best match of the season HAS been TOTTENHAM away.

also the point is, did he adapt? he tried playing with the conservative strategy of not playing mazacar and now even FSW did exactly what RDM was doin in the start of the season - play these guys almost every match. the only difference in their regime was that FSW actually got matches in which he could rotate the squad (EL matches, FA cup matches). under RDM we had to play the same team match after match because we were playing CL, were near the top of the table and even our one match in COC was united. also dont forget even while rotating the squad, FSW has screwed us over. not just one game, but 2 (qpr at home, so that he could play a "strong team" against southampton in FA cup and southampton away for united in FA cup, when he was clearly told just a few days ago that 4th place and the league was his NO.1 priority.