The Benitez Thread

CHOULO19

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa Out?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't argue with anything he said last night. If fans put half as much effort in cheering the team than they do with the stupid anti-Rafa songs then we wouldn't be in this position we are in now.

That's a little unfair. The players still have to do their stuff on the pitch and they haven't done that as much as they should. It's hard to say how much of that is down to the fans.

But I've been to matches where the support has lifted the team and we haven't done that in Rafa's time here. I don't know if we've made the team worse but I don't think we can say we've made it better.

Can't argue with anything he said last night. If fans put half as much effort in cheering the team than they do with the stupid anti-Rafa songs then we wouldn't be in this position we are in now.

very true. i mean the only way teams win is we fans support them, right? it has got nothin to do with poor substitutions, awful team selections, horrendous motivational skills etc etc...

FSW is totally in the clear and should probably have a statue of himself erected out of SB for the wonderful, marvellous, out of the world work he has done in his time at chelsea.

Funny thing is the supporters where behind the team all night, sang loud but slated Rafa too.

Rafa wants to remember his comments about us from his Liverpool days, he surely wasn't expecting to come here and be loved, the blokes a cock.

That's a little unfair. The players still have to do their stuff on the pitch and they haven't done that as much as they should. It's hard to say how much of that is down to the fans.

But I've been to matches where the support has lifted the team and we haven't done that in Rafa's time here. I don't know if we've made the team worse but I don't think we can say we've made it better.

I've thought for a while that us fans sometimes over-rate our impacts on the team. I'm sure we have an effect but it's not as large as we'd like to believe. The greater effect will be how much the players believe in the manager, how he makes them feel as a group, what they know about him already, how he compares to others they've experienced.

The second worst decision was to appoint him in the first place, in some respect he has been the 'victim' (very, very loose use of that word) of that decision. Again you know my thoughts on some of those people who made that decision.

The worst decison was to appoint De Matteo into a permanent role in the first place, if the owner & board had any doubts whatsoever that he would be here for the long-term (by 'long-term' I mean 2-3 years, in our relative terms)they should have taken the unpopular decision then. All they've done by delaying it is cause additional problems by doing it mid-season.

Would be able to do your job well if someone keeps yelling at you & telling you to hit the road ?

I've thought for a while that us fans sometimes over-rate our impacts on the team. I'm sure we have an effect but it's not as large as we'd like to believe. The greater effect will be how much the players believe in the manager, how he makes them feel as a group, what they know about him already, how he compares to others they've experienced.

The second worst decision was to appoint him in the first place, in some respect he has been the 'victim' (very, very loose use of that word) of that decision. Again you know my thoughts on some of those people who made that decision.

The worst decison was to appoint De Matteo into a permanent role in the first place, if the owner board had any doubts whatsoever that he would be here for the long-term (by 'long-term' I mean 2-3 years, in our relative terms)they should have taken the unpopular decision then. All they've done by delaying it is cause additional problems by doing it mid-season.

This was all the result of the 'Chase for Pep'. Hopefully we learn from our mistakes (something I've seen some signs of us doing).

The silver lining is that this is perhaps as bad as it can get (touch wood).

Would be able to do your job well if someone keeps yelling at you & telling you to hit the road ?

Have you met my wife? :wub:

I dont get how sacking Rafa now would solve any of our problems.

His sacking just makes the Chelsea job even more unappealing/unattractive

And honestly, if we end up with someone like Pellegrini at the start of next season, I bet we screw up again...

Good point and we could end up with Avram till the end of the season, but we dont want FSW any longer -he can fuck off back to his house in Merseyside. Highlights how decisions at this club are a joke, and how the players play in spite of a manager mostly now anyway

To be fair he is somewhat right. I mean the atmosphere of most games is horrible but the worst thing is this was happening well before Rafa took over. Now that's not so much for the away support but the home support is terrible. Surely one of the worst in the league and that's because half our fans are glory hunters. No word of a lie there if you go to the stadium you will see first hand most of them don't know what they're talking about.

I remember one game when Di Santo was about to come on for us and there was this young man sitting behind me pretending like he knew everything and then before Franco came on he said... "I don't know who this is, I think it's Zhirkov." Now it doesn't so much annoy me that he didn't know who he was but it annoyed me that he was pretending to be some sort of superior fan.

The worst thing is that he probably knew more than alot of the people in the stadium and that's because the board does not care about the real supporters, they care about money and money only. They would prefer to bump up the prices of tickets and have heaps of tourists at the bridge over an amazing atmosphere.

Sad, but your post is 100% true...

The worst thing is that he probably knew more than alot of the people in the stadium and that's because the board does not care about the real supporters, they care about money and money only. They would prefer to bump up the prices of tickets and have heaps of tourists at the bridge over an amazing atmosphere.

On the money there Steve. TV money and 'customers. who come once or twice but spend loads on hospitality and in the Mugostore is what its about. Football will eat itself.

very true. i mean the only way teams win is we fans support them, right? it has got nothin to do with poor substitutions, awful team selections, horrendous motivational skills etc etc...

FSW is totally in the clear and should probably have a statue of himself erected out of SB for the wonderful, marvellous, out of the world work he has done in his time at chelsea.

So now...we not only have poor subs, awful team selections, and horrendous motiviational skills....but also a lack of home advantage??

Seriously...Chelsea FC deserves better....

This was all the result of the 'Chase for Pep'. Hopefully we learn from our mistakes (something I've seen some signs of us doing).

The silver lining is that this is perhaps as bad as it can get (touch wood).

Have you met my wife? :wub:

Next time in London I will. :getin:

Now this is all out in the open it might help the team. The players clearly won't back him but right now the situation is clear - he is leaving come what may (no pun intended), and we may as well just get on with our common goal which is winning matches.

That being said, I'm currently raping the F5 button!

I am loving every second of this but not because I hate Benitez that much. No, this club deserves to be mired in shit because of the way it's run and the way the people at the top behave. All the issues we're having right now is their comeuppance and missing on top 4 would really be the cherry on top.

It's a shame some of the players and supporters have to suffer for the actions of the idiots in charge.

I have never been so ashamed of the club as I am now.

I hope its not Avram. If not the club's gonna get relegated.

Anyway tbh, even after Rafa's blast, managers will still come to chelsea to take up the challenge. play attractive football, win trophies and please the fans and board at the same

time.