The Benitez Thread

CHOULO19

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa Out?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“You know, more or less, how things go (at Chelsea) in terms of what happens if you lose or win,” stated Benitez. “I have a job to do and the players are clever enough and realise they will be here next season with long contracts.

“I will be working hard until the end. We have to try to beat Middlesbrough and then move on. My job is to concentrate on the next game, not the speculation.”

“I can guarantee the players know what we’re trying to do and believe in it 100%. I am here to be in the top three, and do my best in every competition. After that, we will see.” - Benitez

I'm just hoping it's not a case of careful what you wish for

Actually he's right... Hate to say it - but after listening to it he's right.

He was calm and concise.

We know he's leaving - no more needs to be said. Back the players 100% on the pitch

Interim I also agree it's like 'Supply Teacher' or 'Temp worker' - doesn't command any respect

And as I have said countless times - any comments he made at Liverpool are fair game - I never could find actual evidence of the actual quotes just a lot of Internet conjecture...

So as much as I hate him, his team selections and the way he says 'club' the guy has a point - and we need everybody united, players and fans to ensure we finish 4th... (Unless there is a credible alternative willing to take a 3 month position?)

Rafa at Liverpool: "Chelsea fans lack passion." He goes on to mention the fans don't do banners, don't sing enough etc. Rafa at Chelsea: "[Chelsea fans are] wasting time doing banners or [and] singing songs." Lol good one.

Lol nice creative license there :)

When he said banners he should have specified 'positive reinforcement banners' :) not Rafa out banners :)

Yes he's a dick, yes can't wait until summer - Steve McClaren could be good for the remaining games :)

But I don't think he will go. The interview I listened to was calm and objective...

Although I'm feeling chilled tonight and unusually forgiving, if he picks Ramires for RW and Bertrand LW again then I guess I'll revert back to hoping he leaves ASAP!

Maybe he has got a point in some of his outburst. Roman must look really stupid now as well sacking RDM and hiring Benitez. Was a stupid move which has backfired big time. I hope who ever Roman appoints next, he just sticks with them because all of this swapping managers if they have a dip in form is just getting beyond a comedy matter. However regarding Rafa his stint at Chelsea and his outburst will not help him get a job in the future, I am sure. Look at the way he went out of Liverpool blaming everyone but himself. Then he dismantled the Inter treble winning side almost immediately and was tactically inept over there, despite having one of the best squads in Europe at the time. Now he has taken a talented Chelsea side backwards, and that's apparently not his fault either.

This is why he was out of work for 2 years and why he will be again and good riddance. I am sure he slyly laughs and curses Chelsea fans and the board with his family at home, but anyway good riddance he is leaving. However, Roman please learn from your mistakes in appointing a manager who was never wanted here and the worse thing is you brought in a manager who fans did not like while sacking a legend. Disgraceful!

Actually there is a manager out there who could possibly accept the job if Rafa is sacked and would bring attacking football, best described as "anarchy". Zdenek Zeman. Sure he may care little about the defensive side, but this squad can outscore opponents with his fluid 4-3-3 approach. It would be an exciting finish to the season and he would lift the spirits in the team. Just saying.

Actually he's right... Hate to say it - but after listening to it he's right.

He was calm and concise.

We know he's leaving - no more needs to be said. Back the players 100% on the pitch

Interim I also agree it's like 'Supply Teacher' or 'Temp worker' - doesn't command any respect

And as I have said countless times - any comments he made at Liverpool are fair game - I never could find actual evidence of the actual quotes just a lot of Internet conjecture...

So as much as I hate him, his team selections and the way he says 'club' the guy has a point - and we need everybody united, players and fans to ensure we finish 4th... (Unless there is a credible alternative willing to take a 3 month position?)

Back the players 100% of the time....even if we are losing or drawing the match...

Forget the fat manager and focus on the team...For the past 1-2 seasons, Chelsea hasn't played like the home team at the Bridge.

What's the point in wasting energy booing Rafa...the board isn't going to give a fuck..they do things on their own terms...all it does is generate negativity in the minds of the players

You do feel sorry for him ? You fell for the "I am the poor one" antics he has made since day one. He just could not have expected that we would welcome him with open arms, that impossible ; and if he did, he is one fucking retarded and clueless man. He knew what was lying ahead, when he has pened the contract — didn't he ? He dared sign for us — he deserves every bit of abuse that he gets.

Keep your feeling for someone else. He asked for it, he gets it.

yes. but that doesn't mean he isn't trying to do his job. he is looking to get us into top 4 and we, as fans should not come in the way of that.

edit; - my sympathy for him ends with that btw. i hate his guts as well but that doesn't mean i approve the booing/insults or the di matteo chants. chelsea fans should get over it

Let's be honest here, Rafa is only here to do well for himself. Now that may sound selfish but him doing well means that we as a club are doing well. So far it has backfired spectacularly, and the majority of the fans on his back 24/7 isn't helping. Those who hate him already have their wish with him leaving at the end of the season, so why not deal with the situation at hand and get behind the team until the end of the season. You don't have to acknowledge Rafa or support him, just the team.

His comments after the match were 100% spot on, although (looking at this thread) it has made people hate him even more. I couldn't care less about Benitez, but I'm not going to waste my time with petty campaigns or negative chanting. Get over it.

The thing is he is 100% correct in his statements about the malcontents who feel the need to show up both at the bridge and away and slag him off...especially when he is tasked with keeping us in the champions league now. The people who do this are a minority too, a vocal one, but still a minority. They really are no different than another organized group of thugs, who shall remain nameless, who constantly showed up and tried to ruin the experience out for everybody at the bridge years back. Groups more preoccupied with their own personal vendettas than with actually supporting the boys and what we are trying to accomplish on the pitch.Any bloke with a pint and a few quid to get in automatically has a soapbox to ramble on about any and everything and the Stewards literally cant be arsed to do anything about it, but pounds rule the world eh? No coincidence its coming from the same area too.... :wank2:

Benitez will fuck off soon enough(thank heavens for that) but the valid point will still remain. Watch those drunk invalids find another target once he rolls away.

"A group of fans, they are not doing any favours for the team when they are singing and wasting time preparing banners" - rafadyce

alwaysunny-crack_zps02f5dd8a.gif

Yep, I hope Mr. Abramovich feels disrespected by you w/ your silly comments, after he gave you a job & gives you the sack in da morning. Nobody wanted then & nobody wants you know. Go kick rocks ya bum <_<

I think he is somewhat right and somewhat wrong. I agree totally with the part that the minority of fans who are just scapegoating Benitez for everything and anything negative, but never aknowledge his positive achievements with the club, aren't doing us any favours. Ok, yes we know you want him out, we know at times the results haven't gone our way, we're struggling to hold onto top four place, yes we know Di Matteo won us the Champions League (which has as much to do with him as it does with Drogba's form and pure luck) but he's gone now, won't be coming back. It was a great gesture to applaud him on 16th minute but it's getting old now. There are 11 players on the pitch trying to win games, putting in performances although they're overplayed due to lack of squad depth (and quality, because some of the names on the bench shouldn't be there, not sufficent cover ability wise) - and that has nothing to do with the manager or players. It goes down to the board and board only. They're in charge of the transfers, they appointed Benitez and they inserted the title "interim manager" - which made sure he had nowhere the respect from anyone from day one.

So yes, Rafa's right about one thing. Why focus on distributing hate (especially on the Internet) when we know that in 3 months (90 days!) time he will be gone. So instead of rambling on about Benitez, focus on the team and help the team. There's a saying that no man is bigger than the club, well the minority of the fans are equaling Benitez with Chelsea in a sense that they'll rather keep on being twats than support, chant, clap, cheer the team - no matter the result. We all have bad days, why shouldn't footballers.

But he has two weak points. Benitez is terrible with the media. He lets his emotions take control and will say things he'll regret later on. I'm sure the board wasn't expecting that nor will they appreciate him discussing internal affairs with media. Because let's face it English media is made up from bullshit news, taking a quoute and twisting it just to get a couple of million clicks. News=Business, not a source of news. Times have changed. He also stresses the fans' role too much. Like he said, he won 9 trophies in different countries, he should be mentally stronger to hold his composure and refrain from such remarks. In the end of the day, he has had dreadful games tactically - nothing to do with the "small group of fans with an agenda". Both sides need to look in the mirror. He won't and can't be the manager next season, that's clear from day one but we need to accept that he will be gone not before than end of the season. And it saddens me to see that while we have an interim manager, we also got interim fans.