Future Chelsea Captain

Jase

Captaincy  

223 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Chelsea captain after JT retires?

However, what I don't understand is people voting for Cech. Yes, he has seniority, but it doesn't necessarily mean he's a good captain. Personally, I've never believed in having a keeper as a captain. How can they set an example for the rest of the team if they're standing in one spot?

Unless you are Oliver Kahn of course, whose roar could uproot nearby trees when he was upset by an action on the field...

Luiz is the obvious choice, cos he has the right age, attributes and quality to be regular starter (other than Mikel or Cahill)

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know my view won't gain much support - but after today's match I'm even more convinced that Luiz needs to "grow up" before I consider him an option. That silly grin was so unnecessary - can't imagine Lampard or Cech behave like that.

^ very fair point. I had never seen a particularly petulant streak in Luiz before, but his reaction (and dissent) that led to his yellow card, and then his reaction to Rafael's kick suggests he isn't as mature as we thought.

^ very fair point. I had never seen a particularly petulant streak in Luiz before, but his reaction (and dissent) that led to his yellow card, and then his reaction to Rafael's kick suggests he isn't as mature as we thought.

Terry has done much worse, while wearing the arm band.

Terry has done much worse, while wearing the arm band.

Yes, JT did plenty of silly things in his life. But it depends on how you define "worse".

What Luiz did today is quite typical of Spanish and/or South American football (does Busquets ring a bell?) and I personally dislike it with a passion.

The focus could have been on our victory - now it's his childish act that makes the headlines. Imagine if he played for the opposition - we would be calling him all possible names right now.

Yes, JT did plenty of silly things in his life. But it depends on how you define "worse".

What Luiz did today is quite typical of Spanish and/or South American football (does Busquets ring a bell?) and I personally dislike it with a passion.

The focus could have been on our victory - now it's his childish act that makes the headlines. Imagine if he played for the opposition - we would be calling him all possible names right now.

Luiz has plenty of headlines to steal, and haters to gain, before we should be so quick to forget who led our team for so long.

I love JT, but that's because he was a commanding presence on and off the field, whether he got silly red cards and slept with other players' wives or not.

I love JT, but that's because he was a commanding presence on and off the field, whether he got silly red cards and slept with other players' wives or not.

She was just an ex-girlfriend, wasn't she :-D Nobody is perfect ;-)

Our Current Captain, is worshipped by chelsea fans, and hated by everyone else.

Luiz is now loved by us, but hated by many after his antics today...

Seems like a perfect fit for me. As i have said before, there is never gonna be an exact replacement for JT, but Luiz would make a good captain imo.

The most important thing, is for him to play well, love his club, and give 100%. If he does that, then he is a great shout for captain.

I know my view won't gain much support - but after today's match I'm even more convinced that Luiz needs to "grow up" before I consider him an option. That silly grin was so unnecessary - can't imagine Lampard or Cech behave like that.

No it wont gain ANY support because our current captain, which is and have been great, isnt exacly known for his "calmness" either.

I dont understand what people like you think when they think that players need to "grow up" when showing commitment, passion and heart.

One last point for now...

I would rather have a passionate, perhaps overly so player as my captain, than a Captain, who doesn't look like he cares. Its like the manager situation. No one wants to see managers be like Avram grant and have the same facial expression whether you are up 2 or down 2. You want someone like mourinho who will run a lap of the pitch when you score a winner. If a player proves they will do anything to help the team succeed they will gain so much respect and admiration from the home fans.