Future Chelsea Captain

Jase

Captaincy  

223 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Chelsea captain after JT retires?

still no evidence on or off the pitch that he is captain material. he is the joker in the team. not the hard hitting professional leader we have now.

but he does have his moments. in the CL Final, Mata later admitted that he had lost hope after his early penalty miss and it was David Luiz who had helped him/cheered him up during the shootout. he is a great guy. really positive but i would draw a line between positive and professional

Do you know Luiz personally to say he's as big of a joker as you make him out to be? David is a extrovert yes, but that doesn't he isn't professional. Do you think he isn't professional because he sticks out his tongue in photos or?

There isn't evidence? Isn't that Mata situation and the fact that Terry said what he said evidence?

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know Luiz personally to say he's as big of a joker as you make him out to be? David is a extrovert yes, but that doesn't he isn't professional. Do you think he isn't professional because he sticks out his tongue in photos or?

There isn't evidence? Isn't that Mata situation and the fact that Terry said what he said evidence?

Nothing wrong with Luiz's extrovert behavior but you would expect a captain of a club to be mature and not being so crazy like Luiz is. It's so much more than just leading a team on the pitch. You're basically representing the club as a whole on and off the pitch when you are the captain. Right now, I don't think Luiz is captain material yet. And with him being a constant joker in the dressing room, there's always a strong possibility that other players may not take him seriously when he's giving orders, barking out instructions on the pitch etc.

Nothing wrong with Luiz's extrovert behavior but you would expect a captain of a club to be mature and not being so crazy like Luiz is. It's so much more than just leading a team on the pitch. You're basically representing the club as a whole on and off the pitch when you are the captain. Right now, I don't think Luiz is captain material yet. And with him being a constant joker in the dressing room, there's always a strong possibility that other players may not take him seriously when he's giving orders, barking out instructions on the pitch etc.

Is he really "crazy" or are you just assuming that? How can you assume he isn't mature either? And like I said how does anyone know if he isn't professional? People are saying all these things based on assumptions rather than anything else.

Is he really "crazy" or are you just assuming that? How can you assume he isn't mature either? And like I said how does anyone know if he isn't professional? People are saying all these things based on assumptions rather than anything else.

Don't think anyone is accusing Luiz not being a professional here. It's just that his crazy or rather jovial, joker and bouncy character don't really make him the perfect candicate to be the next captain. Think he has to tone it down and be more mature first before even becoming the captain.

Don't think anyone is accusing Luiz not being a professional here. It's just that his crazy or rather jovial, joker and bouncy character don't really make him the perfect candicate to be the next captain. Think he has to tone it down and be more mature first before even becoming the captain.

So because you're bouncy, jovial and a bit of a joker you can't be mature or be a leader? Right, we clearly differ in opinion so we'll just agree to disagree. I'm not even saying Luiz should be captain now. I'm suggesting that after JT is fazed out Luiz seems like one of the lead contenders to take the captaincy in my opinion. Mainly because he's very passionate and determined, two of the main attributes a person needs to be a good leader in my opinion.

The fact that JT said that he could see Luiz succeeding him says a lot for me.

So because you're bouncy, jovial and a bit of a joker you can't be mature or be a leader? Right, we clearly differ in opinion so we'll just agree to disagree.

Not saying he can't be the captain with his jovial and bouncy character but just probably need him to show a bit more maturity first in order to be fully convinced he can be the replacement for Terry.

Juan Mata seems more of a leader than any other Chelsea youngster to me. Future Chelsea is :

-----------Lukaku----------

--Hazard - Mata © -Oscar--

---------Mikel-Ramires-------

-Bertrand-Cahill-Luiz-Azpi-

------------Courtois----------

I'd definitely go for Luiz. I don't buy that his personality makes him a bad choice. Sterotyping captains as always serious etc etc doesn't really do it for me.

If the other players like him and follow him, then it doesn't matter that he has fun and is a bit eccentric. Hell if I was playing for Chelsea I'd be happy to have him as the skipper

Its extremely hard. For me i want the captain to be someone who loves the club, gives his all, is big and strong, as well as being a great organisor and man motivator. Now they are all not essential of course, but we have been spoiled as we currently have the exact person i described. It will be a tough decision when it has to be made, but i can only really see it as cahill atm, if you ignore the obvious ones who won't be there for the "future captain" role (I.e. Lampard and Cech). Cech will probably still be there but i think the captain should be an outfield player to better deal with players. I have never really though of david luiz as a possibility, though aslong as he is focused well respected by the rest of the squad and is a leader, then i don't see why not. He is seen as the joker in the team, but without giving him a chance i suppose we will never know. Not who i would choose as of right now, though obviously none of us are in a position where we know him anywhere near as much as the people at chelsea do. Nathaniel Chalobah for future Long term captain but that is still some way off.

I believe that Juan Mata is very much captains material. He quite often gets all up in the referees face about decisions and has gotten fired up about things in the past. Remeber his reactions during the Olympics?

I do have a preference for an English captain though.