Swansea v Chelsea

Jase

Mata will play, he won't be rested. I don't think he's going to get burnt out yet. We'll give him the odd break unlike last year. Furthermore he hasn't shown any signs of tiredness so he should start.

It will be a tough game. I wouldn't be too surprised if this ended in a draw. Although we have the team character to win on the road time and time again (Particularly in the League).

I'll say 2-0. Hazard, Torres.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like this to be the team:

Cech

Azpi Cahill Ivanovic Cole

Ramires Mikel

Moses Oscar Hazard

Torres

Luiz's form has been poor recently and the guy needs a break. Played in the international break then Spurs, Shakhtar, United, United. I also think Robbie will want to play Luiz against Shakhtar and Liverpool too and so we should rest him for this one.

This will be a tough game I reckon, they'll be on a high after beating Liverpool yesterday and gave City a right thumping too and should have won. Any sort of win is needed

This was one of the toughest matches we played under AVB last season and 3 points this time around are empirical. But I do think that their style of play suites us. They like to pass it from the back while we press hard to win it in their half. I just hope our players have the energy after yesterday to press well or it will be Shakhtar all over again.

cech

azpillicueta - cahill - ivanovic - bertrand

romeu - mikel*

moses --- piazon* --- marin

sturridge

*subbed off for ramires and hazard/oscar in 2nd half

Piazon is not ready for the EPL. As others have said it would be a nice surprise to see Mata rested and have Moses start.

I'd want Mata to rest. This game's not gonna be that difficult so Moses can start instead. Besides he proved the best character on the field yesterday among the new signings!

I can't imagine Piazon in the team yet. He has a lot more to improve.

We need points now and losing this sorta game will cost us a lot. Probably we are set to win the EPL this time, who knows? So, why not stay ahead by both position and goal difference :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mata on the bench for Swansea. Towards the end he looked knackered and they said on Sky Sports at half time of extra time he was having treatment on his thigh. Probably best to put him on the bench, and bring him on in the second half if we need to.

Expect Ivanovic to come back in, probably for Azpilicueta, although I wouldn't be too surprised if he came in for David Luiz who has played 4 games now in 10 days and with Shakhtar next week, could be rested for that.

I think Moses and Sturridge deserve to start again against Swansea, although I would understand Robbie playing Torres instead considering Sturridge played 120 minutes last night and has only just returned from injury.

Swansea are a good footballing side, but they are not the strongest defensively and losing Vorm in goal is a big blow to them. Trying to attack us should play into our hands and I would still expect us to win this game - certainly if we are expecting to challenge for the title this season!

Cech

Azpilicueta Ivanovic Cahill Cole

Mikel Ramires

Moses Oscar Hazard

Torres/Sturridge