Chelsea v Manchester United

Jase

Yeah i do agree with you somewhat there. The shakhtar defeat pulled us back and gave us a reality check, after high flying league form beating tot and ars. Should be a wake up call for the team and i expect them to be fully determined and on it come sunday.

Can only hope so. Cannot let the result yesterday turned our recent run of form into a poor one.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The referee needs to keep a serious eye on Chelsea players kicking and hitting our attacking players off the ball. They have employed this 'tactic' for a few years now, and hardly get called out on it.

From RedCafe. Lol wtf?

I think we have to start them. We all know this could end up being a shootout and with their attack i highly expect them to score, so we must go out to attack. We know what has happenned when we sit back. Our worst result came from doing that vs QPR. It worked vs arsenal and tottenham so why change it.

Who said we need Oscar, Hazard and Mata together to attack? The 3 guys can barely help in the defensive system. I remember Spurs second goal, someone lost the ball and then none of the 3 return to help in the defence. Spurs had a lot of chance to score, and if they had better attacking players perhaps the result would be different.

Fernandinho, best Shaktar player yesterday said it:

"They have a different team from the one that played UCL final. Many times the offensive players attacked and didnt return. They were left with the 4 deffensive players and only one DM in front of them. Its a different style, the team that won the CL was more compact."

He said Shaktar players had too much space to create, and he think Chelsea were exposed to the counter attacks.

imo, this is a problem with this system. Barcelona have Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta, all players that are very good in the defence, and specially Xavi and Iniesta are superb in the attack. The 3 players are good in the attack but they still lack the defensive skills, like Malouda and Anelka had in previous years. Even Robben, Kalou and Joe Cole could help a lot in the defence. Just see Oscar, the guy run a lot when he is defending, he try to mark, to almonst never he desarm the opponent.

If we start with these 3 players against Manchester, I think we will be in trouble.

Mikel, Lampard, Ramires, Oscar, Mata; Sturridge.

Who said we need Oscar, Hazard and Mata together to attack? The 3 guys can barely help in the defensive system. I remember Spurs second goal, someone lost the ball and then none of the 3 return to help in the defence. Spurs had a lot of chance to score, and if they had better attacking players perhaps the result would be different.

"They have a different team from the one that played UCL final. Many times the offensive players attacked and didnt return. They were left with the 4 deffensive players and only one DM in front of them. Its a different style, the team that won the CL was more compact."

He said Shaktar players had too much space to create, and he think Chelsea were exposed to the counter attacks.

imo, this is a problem with this system. Barcelona have Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta, all players that are very good in the defence, and specially Xavi and Iniesta are superb in the attack. The 3 players are good in the attack but they still lack the defensive skills, like Malouda and Anelka had in previous years. Even Robben, Kalou and Joe Cole could help a lot in the defence. Just see Oscar, the guy run a lot when he is defending, he try to mark, to almonst never he desarm the opponent.

If we start with these 3 players against Manchester, I think we will be in trouble.

Oscar had one poor game...

As for his defensive abilities he works hard and had done a great defensive job in previous games.

It's a new system, it's not FIFA or FM, it will take time to iron out the kinks and Shaktar can say what the fuck they like, if we had a striker of any quality, we could have won that game...

Instead we have the super Spanish flop, who even manages to tackle himself, spends more time on his back than a cheap whore and has all the physical presence of a 5yr old boy...

As for his defensive abilities he works hard and had done a great defensive job in previous games.

It's a new system, it's not FIFA or FM, it will take time to iron out the kinks and Shaktar can say what the fuck they like, if we had a striker of any quality, we could have won that game...

Instead we have the super Spanish flop, who even manages to tackle himself, spends more time on his back than a cheap whore and has all the physical presence of a 5yr old boy...

I totally agree, but to say we would certainly win is pretty strong. I mean, Shak had a very good game, Terry and Luiz had a bad performance and (although Torres did not help) our Three Maestros werent in top class.

I totally agree, but to say we would certainly win is pretty strong. I mean, Shak had a very good game, Terry and Luiz had a bad performance and (although Torres did not help) our Three Maestros werent in top class.

Of course nothing is guaranteed, but we offered little attacking threat and we had a few chances where another striker might have nicked a goal, would have changed the whole game.

Not blaming Torres entirely, 9 other players (except Cech) also didn't turn up, just think if we had a true goal scorer, we would do better and not struggle so much when other players have an off game...

Torres is not the one to blame. In fact Shaktar cound scored at least 4 goals in that game, while we had only few chances.

We have to win this game, this is a crucial match, even a 5 year old child knows "it will take time to iron out the kinks".

I actually agree with playing slightly defensively lineup. Manu is very potent at front position, but extremely suspect at the back.

The referee needs to keep a serious eye on Chelsea players kicking and hitting our attacking players off the ball. They have employed this 'tactic' for a few years now, and hardly get called out on it.

From RedCafe. Lol wtf?

Well that is just ridiculous but tbf our players dive more than other teams around except maybe liverpool.. ivanovic, luiz, torres have embarassed the club already this year

Well that is just ridiculous but tbf our players dive more than other teams around except maybe liverpool.. ivanovic, luiz, torres have embarassed the club already this year

Only because we get punished for it. I don't think we've ever won a foul because of diving, we have always been booked for it. You are right, we are shocking at it. Iva is ridiculously bad at it.

In saying that, When we have a strong case for a penalty/foul it gets denied, but when other teams have soft calls, ie Valencia against Liverpool, the penalty is won.

It seems as though now if a player slips over its deemed as diving.

Only because we get punished for it. I don't think we've ever won a foul because of diving, we have always been booked for it. You are right, we are shocking at it. Iva is ridiculously bad at it.

In saying that, When we have a strong case for a penalty/foul it gets denied, but when other teams have soft calls, ie Valencia against Liverpool, the penalty is won.

It seems as though now if a player slips over its deemed as diving.

yeah. the hazard incidents are different. his close control is too good. the refs just don't see that. maybe the rreputation we are building for diving is hurting us. last week suarez was taken for a spin by a norwich defender and he didn't get a penalty. classic case of the shepherd crying wolf. we are not as bad as suarez but still ivanovic and luiz made some pretty horrendous dives this year

yeah. the hazard incidents are different. his close control is too good. the refs just don't see that. maybe the rreputation we are building for diving is hurting us. last week suarez was taken for a spin by a norwich defender and he didn't get a penalty. classic case of the shepherd crying wolf. we are not as bad as suarez but still ivanovic and luiz made some pretty horrendous dives this year

It all comes down to the fact that the game needs to adapt to the 21st century and utilise video replays.

The thing with iva is that he dived in our own third, just no point what so ever.