Chelsea 1 - 0 Stoke City

Jase

MOTM?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

Before i sing praises for Mikel and Ramires midfield, i need to see how they perform against an actual midfield.

Would have rated his performance much higher if he stop hoofing the ball. I rate his skills on the ball so highly, but his counterpart Cahill was so much smarter on the ball always making good smart passes.

other than that he was fantastic.

Hopefully Danny gets his oppertunity sooner, because i can't stand seeing Torres for another full game. Another position we can improve on is RB, With Hazard, Oscar, and Mata upfront our fullbacks needs to push further and provide width. Ashley did his part imo, but Ivanovic didn't and when he goes forward he cuts in a lot. I want to see Cesar tried at RB because he is so much more natural on the ball and can do better going forward.

Couldn't agree with you more about D. Luiz, it drives me crazy. He never used to do that at first (under Ancelotti). At least I don't remember him doing it back then. He's just giving away possession, even under 0 pressure.

And he needs to keep his passing simple. Obviously a good passer in terms of abillity but overcomplicates things far too much. Imagine Terry with his skill.

Also agree with the part about the RB. That's the main reason I wanted Maicon. Defensively he's suspect but his offensive play is ideal for games like these.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

need to give them time ,,,far too soon to say they can't play together,,,,

Im just delighted to see us with creative players ...Soon I can stop pining over Zola

true but they are too much alike. mata is best thru the center. that sweet thru ball to torres was just unbelievable. oscar seems way way more comfortable in the center than on wings. plus he has that eye for goals and an awesome shot. even today he tried that twice(i think). hazard likes to drift leftish-central and does provide that very natural width. so today everythin was very central and against a big team it can be exploited.

all this apart, loved the one touch plays.

Best game so far from Robbie this season imo. The best and most surprising line-up so far, smart substitutions at the right times. I wanted Moses, on he came soon. At the end I was screaming for him to shut the shop and on came Terry, then I was much more confident. And also the first game without inferiority complex, demonstrated by playing Oscar, Mata and Hazard together for the first time. Only thing I might have changed was to play Sturridge, but nevermind that (he's injured?).

True, the game wasn't one for the neutrals, but as a Chelsea fan I knew it was never going to be easy. The game had a draw written all over it and I was ready to take a point. A scrappy win is something I am happy with. This can get our morale back up and get us back on winning track, last season we were praying for those kind of wins during our bad moment, which came too late. The championship is won by rolling through such fixtures unconvincingly.

My man of the match vote would go to Di Matteo if I could choose him. From the poll I will have to choose between Ramires, Cahill, Cole, Mata and even Moses. I don't know who I should choose, there were no stand-out players.

One more thing on Moses i haven't seen anywhere, he was good defensively when he came on.

On 2 occasions he was alone with Etherington and won the ball back beautifully once, and forced him away from goal the other.

Noticed that too. Doesn't shy away from a challenge.

As I sit here reflecting on the awesome moments I experienced today, I don't think I could ask for anything better. I got to meet many people I have met over the years on the internet. The atmosphere freakin' rocked!!!! If you are a CFC fan from abroad, save up you coins & come to Da Bridge. It's a life moving experience

banners_zps6f160f7e.jpg

As I sit here reflecting on the awesome moments I experienced today, I don't think I could ask for anything better. I got to meet many people I have met over the years on the internet. The atmosphere freakin' rocked!!!! If you are a CFC fan from abroad, save up you coins & come to Da Bridge. It's a life moving experience

banners_zps6f160f7e.jpg

Sure!