Jase

MOTM?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best we played all year? We barely squeaked a 1-0 win at home against Stoke and we barely even created any good chances. We've played 5 matches in the Premier League and this was our 2nd worst result. The conformation bias here is ridiculous.

There's nothing like a "bad result" when you win. A win is a win whether it's 7-0 or 1-0.

And i didn't say it was the best we played all year, i said the lineup was. And the performance actually was up there with any we have produced this season.

Not many defensive lapses, solid double pivot and a lot of the ball.

we wasn't amazing but we got there in the end. Danny needs to get fit fast, Oscar Mata and hazard were making make great plays getting in great positions but it was like he wasn't there which led us to trying to do too much. but as i am sure many have said all it says on the scoresheet is 1-0.

man of the match for me is between Oscar and ashley cole and not just for the goal but he was winning the ball back all day.

was on the train back with a load of stoke fans which was a good bit of banter. roll on the next game.

up the chelsea! ktbffh!!

What a Brilliant performance from our boys!! Loved the passing and movement throughout the 90.

And Mikel!! Wow! He can be so good both defensively and offensively if he has the right DP partner.

Our best DP has been founf today. Mikel and Ramires worked so well. We could utilise ramires' pace and defensive abilities, while that allowed mikel to express himself and go forward so gracefully.

I really hope RDM continues with this pairing. Saying that, i also dont want lampard NOT to play. but Ramires and Mikel were Outstanding today, they compliment each other and looked RIGHT, Lamps and Mikel look wrong. It doesnt work as well.

WE ARE PROGRESSING.....Yay! RDM has balls....yay!!! only got good things to say today.

No, he isn't. He's awful there. He's very good defensively, but he can't make outlet passes at all so Oscar and Mata had to drop way back to pick up the ball. He can't hit long balls, he doesn't have vision to create openings. I''m not saying that I would necessarily have started with a different lineup, just this "oh my god, our lineup was so amazing" stuff is absurd. There were very serious issues which it created that you are pretending don't exist. And being one tackle away from scoring a goal is like being one bullet away from winning at Russian Roulette.

Hey - I never said this was perfect!

What I said is - "This is BETTER than Lampard + Mikel"

I agree, Ramy is NOT PERFECT for this role - but it's an improvement over what we had - so I'm pleased :D - as long as he wasn't on RW... :D

Hmm - I'm encouraged by the one pass from perfection stuff - it'll happen - we just need more playing time with the new players, then it will be immense...

Mata has taken off

Oscar was the only one looking for a goal it seemed, every time he was infront of goal he wanted to shoot but got blocked by some defender

Moses brings so much more to our attacking play

Ramires didn't bother me as much as the previous games

things we need to work on:

players need to drop deep and ask for the ball to set up an attack, instead of Cech/Luiz hoofing the ball far away to no one

Torres must never play again, not just at Chelsea but football in general

I thought it was our best performance if i'm honest. We attacked well and were very unlucky many times. We kept going and i dunno why Pulis is so pissed off, he should be happy at losing 1-0 because in the 2nd half, they were battered. They had a chance or 2, it happens but we played well. Some of our play and touches were sublime. Anyone pissed off, just go n support Barcelona, your life will be easy.

and the difference i rambo was amazing compared to when he was at right wing.

rambo and mikel is definitely the way forward with super frank as a super sub. we were much solid in midfield and compared to how we played against qpr we were able to keep hold of the ball which was a big difference.

Mata has taken off

Oscar was the only one looking for a goal it seemed, every time he was infront of goal he wanted to shoot but got blocked by some defender

Moses brings so much more to our attacking play

Ramires didn't bother me as much as the previous games

things we need to work on:

players need to drop deep and ask for the ball to set up an attack, instead of Cech/Luiz hoofing the ball far away to no one

Torres must never play again, not just at Chelsea but football in general

Yup - but the 'understanding' will come with a settled team + formation - this was the first time (to my knowledge) the team has shaped up like this and I found it really encouraging.

Agree with Toronto Chelsea that we were a little narrow, but Moses helped and if Marin had of been available, this would also have been a good option.

I'm just loving Oscar though - he is an amazing player - 25 million - what a bargain!

Hazard-Oscar-Mata for the first time together in the starting line-up and we were playing some good football, not always but there were these moments. Give it time and no-one will be capable of stopping this force. Plus Marin and Moses ready to come in.

As regards Victor Moses - he made a difference when he came on. Direct, pacey, clever, was also part of the winning goal.

Good times ahead.

I think that we did play beautiful football and Stoke can be tough. A few things:

1) Our defenders are more dangerous in the attack than our CF.. Torres needs to sit on the bench when Danny is back. And im not talking about just 1-2 games. Danny needs to be the first choice from now on.

2) Luiz needs to stop with his long balls.

3) Ramires was pure class in the double pivot. I hope we'll see him there alot more often.

4) Moses is awesome.

5) Much respect to RDM for todays tactics and player-choice.

Far from a good peformance. If not Cole's goal, everybody would say it was a bad game.

Too many ball possession, and few chances created. This changed a little bit in the second half, but we have a lot to improve. I have to agree it was our best game in the season, but it was expected, since in the first games of the season is natural an erratic football, but since we are almost in October, this was far from a convincing display.

RDM was good in this game, no Bertrand in the mid, and thats a very good thing, imo. He is also proving a very smart man when he uses Oscar in a central role, since he is our best player in the mid.

Moses was really good. Torres useless as usual.

Man Rambo+Mikel were playing the double pivot so well. A true double pivot, where both players can assist in the defensive third and final third shifting constantly and always proving cover. I couldn't keep track of how many times Mikel was leading the ball to the top of their penalty area in the first half. Real tactical awareness all game, very pleased with how our midfield played against a well organized defensive team.

Great result, but i'll find it funny if people start thinking the Mikel-Ramires pivot is the way forward. It worked today against a team that was happy to sit back (and still counter well btw,).There will be games in which we will need to someone to distribute the ball well from the center.

Torres, despite failing again in front of goal, played pretty decent and was a good outlet for his team-mates. I'm still waiting for Sturridge to be given a start though.

Hopefully Moses and Marin will become our solution to our problems out wide. They both seem well capable of doing that.

I think that we did play beautiful football and Stoke can be tough. A few things:

1) Our defenders are more dangerous in the attack than our CF.. Torres needs to sit on the bench when Danny is back. And im not talking about just 1-2 games. Danny needs to be the first choice from now on.

2) Luiz needs to stop with his long balls.

3) Ramires was pure class in the double pivot. I hope we'll see him there alot more often.

4) Moses is awesome.

5) Much respect to RDM for todays tactics and player-choice.

agreed

and please, stop diving FFs!!!

what is it with our players and diving lately, we're emberrasing Barca

Oscar, Hazard, Mata...wow. Once those guys have a proper striker ahead of them things will get very interesting. Sturridge can't come back soon enough.

Torres had another shocker. How can one man lose possession and just run into players so often? It doesn't make any sense. Di Matteo needs to put him out of his misery soon.

Solid games from Mikel and Ramires. I thought Ramires looked more assured and confident in the middle. His energy and speed bailed us out of trouble a few times and he wasn't as sloppy as he has been so far this season.