Chelsea 1 - 0 Stoke City

Jase

MOTM?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

I think he meant average in regards to talent. Which they are.

Even with their physical presence, our massive talent gap should be enough to see off Stoke fairly comfortably. Especially at home. Would've helped to have an in-form striker.

Win's a win.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great point! So we're basically an average team because City could beat us, right?

WTF ?

Cosmin? More like Cosmic!

We beat a team that took points off our RIVALS - this is called a HAPPY DAY - remember those?

We could have drawn or lost - but we didn't we WON

Yes it wasn't 8-0 and no we didnt score with overhead kicks etc. etc. etc..

But RDM changed the formation, we saw signs of great promise and took 3 points...

Fuck me - what needs to happen for you to be POSITIVE?

Playing like 4 shoots on target and without any ideas against a well organized defence.

We had a lot of the ball. So what?

I'm just worried about the future, that's all.

No worries mate, there will be a lot of tough games like this one. 3 points is what matters.

Stoke defenders were just too physically superb comparing to our attack, so we couldn't create quite of chances.

We should've taken more shots out of line (Oscar seemed to be the only one who actually tried to shoot :P )

But overall, it was happy ending. We'll do better next time.

WTF ?

We beat a team that took points off our RIVALS - this is called a HAPPY DAY - remember those?

But RDM changed the formation, we saw signs of great promise and took 3 points...

1. I was just making some remarks about the game. I never said that I'm not happy with the win or whatever. That would be just stupid. I'm happy we won, but as far as I know, this is TALK CHELSEA, a forum where we are supposed to TALK about CHELSEA. I don't think that there's a rule that says "you are not allowed to be unsatisfied about how the team's performing in general after winning a game" and I really don't care if you agree with me or not. I'm not here to make you happy, all right?

2. You are a twat and a fucking imbecile one.

WTF ?

Cosmic laughingsmiley001.gif

Anyone have any ideas as to how we will play against Le Arse? I'm thinking either with Bertrand as one of the wingers or Hazard, Mata and Moses. I don't think we should play Oscar, Hazard and Mata in this game. As much as Moses deserves the start, I think Bertrand will be the one on the teamsheet. Just hoping Ramires remains in the pivot.

I think we will play a counter attacking style and let Arsenal do their thing (to an extent). Which is probably sensible but we have to be careful and not sit too deep. We need to do to Le Arse what we did to Juve. Destroy their plays and creativity. Marking Cazorla out of the game is priority but will be difficult.

1. I was just making some remarks about the game. I never said that I'm not happy with the win or whatever. That would be just stupid. I'm happy we won, but as far as I know, this is TALK CHELSEA, a forum where we are supposed to TALK about CHELSEA. I really don't care if you agree with me or not. I'm not here to make you happy, all righ?

2. You are a twat and a fucking imbecile one.

Yeah yeah - whatever dude! You da man...

No - you were being a needless, whiny, keyboard warrior. Instead of seeing this a good thing:

1) RDM changed tactics - nobody expected it

2) We played really well

3) We won

You decide to claim we are average - because Stoke drew with City and we beat an average Stoke Team.

So, spout whatever shit you want to under the 'talk chelsea' guise - as a Fan you should be happy - end of...

Very happy with that result. Stoke defended very well but in the end I think we just about deserved it. We suffered a bit going forward with Ivanovic and Cole cutting inside too often. The cohesiveness between Oscar/Mata/Hazard will come with time and better support from the fullbacks. Mikel and Ramires were excellent, as were Luiz and Cahill. Oscar is a gem of a player, some beautiful touches. Moses really impressed me as well, he'll prove his doubters wrong, i'm sure. The only downside was Torres, anonymous for large parts and completely fluffed the one chance he had.

Think you were watching a different game dude?

We played great, soaked up the small pressure they offered and totally bossed the midfield (especially 2nd half)

These were good tactics against a good Stoke team

I thought the team had the best balance of ALL season so far?

Sure you weren't watching a Re-Run of the QPR game :D :D :D

Ok, they hit the bar, they had some amazing last ditch tackles to prevent us scoring several times - so much so that Shawcross got MOTM - doesn;t that tell you something :P

Basically I was watching a game without thinking, "this is the starting XI I want so it's going to be great". We had the majority of possession but we barely threatened goal. We had 4 shots on target. Yes, we prevented Stoke from scoring, but Stoke is probably the worst offensive away team in the Premier league. (11 goals in 19 games last season) and they could easily have scored a couple of goals. This side was actually our least balanced all season. We played with three #10s and 2 defensive midfielders, we had nobody to switch play, no creativity from midfield and nobody going wide. It wasn't until Moses came on, that we were able to open up the game. Before that, we were having all this possession that went nowhere that ended up with us taking long-distance shots. I would be very surprised if we see this formation again anytime soon.