Chelsea vs Juventus

Jase

Wow, just looking at the difference in the lead up to the game on Chelsea and Juventus forums. You could have sworn we are a relegation club not the Champions of Europe. Small club mentality is etched into some of your minds unfortunately. Juve fans are talking about trashing us and here we are in fear, talking about how it will be difficult and must show them respect. lol some of you are acting like Pussies and are down right Embarrassing.

On their forums they are talking about our reactions to them and how we are scared. Sheesh enough is enough, I ain't biting my toung to please some idiots on here. Let's play like we know we can and give them a beating. We are a better team with better players. We know that and they know that.

I agree!

I hate the way people fear so many teams on here! We are good enough to give Juventus and any other team a beating, yes they are a quality team but so are Valencia, Napoli, Benfica, Man City and Barcelona and look what we done to them last season at the Bridge! We have more than enough quality to win the game and win the group.

I think it will be 2-0 Chelsea, Torres and Mata getting the goals!

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't take it personally...

We've had a bad week and Kohonas is a decent guy. He's just really pissed at the moment like me.

We should be roaring like our Lion emblem suggests, instead we are whimpering.

That's not your fault :)

So don't get angry/sad - its all just words :)

Let's see what the game brings :)

CIAO :)

ok, I believe you, I hope it's just because of the moment =) and btw, believe me, just a few juventus fans think what konoha read. we are confident, but most of my friends, like me, know it will be really tough and one point would be a good result. can't wait to hear the CL theme again on wednesday!!!

First off, much respect to what Juve did last season and i am in no way undermining their achievement, but we all know Europe is another ball game, just take a look at City last season....And why do everyone keep saying their midfield is only second to Barcelona?, what do you base this on?, they havent played a game in Europe in forever and we dont know how that midfield that was a beast in Italy would fair in Europe, AC Milan had a great run the season before last in the Serie A, but they couldnt replicate it in the CL...I think it is disrespectful to Bayern and Madrid's midfield to say Juve's , mid are second best in EUROPE, Madrid battled and won Barca a couple of times last season and Alonso and Khedira were brilliant, and the Bayern midfield stood firm against Madrid in the CL semi-final, well that is what i am basing my opinion on...

I am in no way stating that Juve's midfield cant rival them, but until they prove it outside Italy, it would be only right if we compare them to Italian teams...I am pretty sure Obi and Ramires (i hope he is dropped back to is natural position in a 4-3-3), would give them a run for their money, Obi and Ramires(from RW) gave the Barca midfield a run for their money and we have evidence to prove that....

P.S... It is a new season and we are undefeated in the league as well :dance:

some idiots in here? the thing you don't understand is that supporters should be like the ones in this forum, not like you or the italian ones you read. everyone, except you(and I'm talking about other topics too), has been really nice and open to dialogue, you only like to thrash others' opinion even though you clearly never watched a Juve game. from my experience in this forum I can say Chelsea has really great supporters and I wish in Italy football fans were the same as them. while you are actually the negative exception.

RESPECT bro!!

We need to crowd the midfield to reduce the space for pirlo there.

team

ivanovic-luiz-cahill(bcos of terry injury)-cole

mikel - ramires

moses(we need this energy and ramires is not a true RW like moses)-mata-hazard

sturridge

1. cahill should play because of terry injury

2. lampard had 69% passing against qpr, horrible, should be benched. He is a natural attacking midfielder. Dimatteo is playing him out of position

3. moses in place of ramires should give us some energy in attack and he also comes back to mark the full backs (just like man united's valencia)

4. Torres walked out on the coach after a poor 80mins and deserved to be benched for that no excuse.

5. If mata is not playing, then oscar must take his place

6. Lampard played 3 games in 9 days, i think he needs to rest for sure 34 year old. Even scholes doesnt play this much.

If dimatteo is going defensive then 4-3-3 will be best

ramires-mikel-lampard

moses-sturridge-hazard

This will shut out the space for pirlo better than only two holding midfielders or playin betrand at LW.

What do you think about this formation? I Would like to see how Mata can perform in our double pivot. A regista "a la modric"

-------------- cech --------

iva (azpi) - Terry - Luiz (cahill) - Cole

---- Ramires (mikel) - Mata ---

Moses --- Oscar ---- Hazard----

---------- Torres (Studge) --------

Sub :

1) Out Moses in Marin

2) out Torres in Studge (if not starting)

3) lamp in

Pedro Proenca is the referee for this one. Remember what happened last time he officiated our game? ;)

That's very good news. Haven't been as impressed with a ref as with him in a long, long time.

Meireles would've been ideal for this game btw. He may not be great on the ball for this level but he possesses the tactical awareness and has the legs to mark a player (Pirlo in this case) all game long.

Pedro Proenca is the referee for this one. Remember what happened last time he officiated our game? ;)

Forgive my lack of memory, is he the Portuguese that was on UCL and Euro Finals?

I guess he is, dont remember...

EDIT: Hahahahaha, after some research...Yes he is, thanks!

First off, much respect to what Juve did last season and i am in no way undermining their achievement, but we all know Europe is another ball game, just take a look at City last season....And why do everyone keep saying their midfield is only second to Barcelona?, what do you base this on?, they havent played a game in Europe in forever and we dont know how that midfield that was a beast in Italy would fair in Europe, AC Milan had a great run the season before last in the Serie A, but they couldnt replicate it in the CL...I think it is disrespectful to Bayern and Madrid's midfield to say Juve's , mid are second best in EUROPE, Madrid battled and won Barca a couple of times last season and Alonso and Khedira were brilliant, and the Bayern midfield stood firm against Madrid in the CL semi-final, well that is what i am basing my opinion on...

I am in no way stating that Juve's midfield cant rival them, but until they prove it outside Italy, it would be only right if we compare them to Italian teams...I am pretty sure Obi and Ramires (i hope he is dropped back to is natural position in a 4-3-3), would give them a run for their money, Obi and Ramires(from RW) gave the Barca midfield a run for their money and we have evidence to prove that....

P.S... It is a new season and we are undefeated in the league as well :dance:

what is it based? statistics and national ... in Italy finalist of Europeans there were many players of Juventus do not say that our midfield is Barcelona but we are on track to be, in spite of this I think chelsea will make us suffer very bad defensive teams ... (sorry for any grammatical errors)

some idiots in here? the thing you don't understand is that supporters should be like the ones in this forum, not like you or the italian ones you read. everyone, except you(and I'm talking about other topics too), has been really nice and open to dialogue, you only like to thrash others' opinion even though you clearly never watched a Juve game. from my experience in this forum I can say Chelsea has really great supporters and I wish in Italy football fans were the same as them. while you are actually the negative exception.

Most people people on this forum are intelligent and this shows through their posts. You're the negative exception.

To say Oscar has zero defense ability is completely nonsense. He has showed it constantly his interception ability is quite something and despite his skinny frame he is rather combative.

I would love Oscar to start but seriously guys, we all know what's the lineup RDM will field on Wednesday. Lampard and Mikel are dead-on starters unfortunately, like it or not.

I did not say he has no ability, he has never needed to do any defensive work in all of his very small career. So until now he has no defensive work, we cant expect him to handle EPL and UCL on double pivot or CM (or whatever) with 20 years and no experience with that role.

As I pointed out, the very few times he had to defend, he has shown some quality.

my linuep.

ivan--JT-Cahill-Cole

mikel

mata--rambo

moses--Torres--Hazard

we have 4 genuine attackers, a box to box, and stable back four.

we are home, and we better sure as hell use that atmosphere

to our advantage and play high octane football for atleast first 15 mins if any.

whether RDM decides to tone it down and play on the counter i dont know,

but i want a battle for possesion in midfield with us trying to control the game.

should moses start? yes. he is the only healthy rw we have and although new and not

entirely defensive its a chance we gota take, especially becasue we are

at home. but on another note, no matter what line-up you chose you'll always

run into the same problem-----no world class CM. all we can do is try our best

to cover it, but nonetheless its still there.

I did not say he has no ability, he has never needed to do any defensive work in all of his very small career. So until now he has no defensive work, we cant expect him to handle EPL and UCL on double pivot or CM (or whatever) with 20 years and no experience with that role.

As I pointed out, the very few times he had to defend, he has shown some quality.

Hmm...that's not true, at all.

He tracked back an awful lot to provide defensive work, in almost every match. And he is more than comfortable to play CM or Double Pivot whatever you like to call.

The age argument is really outdated mate. If he is good enough I don't care even if he is 8.