Chelsea vs Juventus

Jase

Hmm...that's not true, at all.

He tracked back an awful lot to provide defensive work, in almost every match. And he is more than comfortable to play CM or Double Pivot whatever you like to call.

The age argument is really outdated mate. If he is good enough I don't care even if he is 8.

HAHAHAHA Really?

Have you ever followed him?

He was supossed to make his debut for Sao Paulo when he was 18. He decided that he did not want to play for that team and went to justice to break his contract...He flew to Internacional, played very few games for Internacional and then got unable to play because there was a big juridic fight for him. Finally, Inter payed SP and he started playing after almost one year (19 years old). He actually just played 1 season and a half at CAM (very advanced indeed) in Brazil. Played for Brazil only in underage tournaments yet (World Cup Sub-20 and Olympics). What you dont know at all is that Brazillians are cocky and they still think they are far superior and more talent than everybody else (which is not true), so there is no defending in the team tatics, there are the cb and the cdm, thats all. Traking back does not mean he was defending, it is just to make a little pressure so the manager dont start screaming at him.

Oscar had Sandro and Guinazu for CDM in Internacional and has Sandro and Lucas Leiva in Brazil.He has never played any defensive role for his entire life...That makes his experience and training count a lot. He will eventually learn, but he is definetly not a CM at the moment. So the age does matter. Players are able to improve after 8.

You must try to watch football before you make any argument, he was raised to be a CAM inside a country that has a very bad reputation for having attack minded players that does not help defensively. Learn about Oscar, the team he played, how he played, against which teams he played, then make any argument about his center midfield role.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everybody fearing Juventus ? We are Chelsea!! I watch Juve alot of Serie A with my bro and i know that Juventus is a very good side, but the fans are quite cocky after they won the scudetto. They have not faced a team like us in the Serie A. I went to their forum and they are expecting that they are going to thrash us. Well tomorrow they are not going to know what hit them.

I don't really care about the tactics...Just really excited about this game.

If I'm correct, we're the last team they faced in the last champion's league they played. Torres had a good outing against the Italian defence (although a man down) during the Euro's, and hopefully we'll see more of the same. Hopefully Sturridge also gets to play a part tomorrow.

Why is everybody fearing Juventus?

The lack of optimism and confidence on this forum is odd. Any other forum and the fans really get behind the team and talk about winning. On this forum though, too many posters are trying to appear objective and rational, I suspect to try and win member of the month awards or something which is quite pathetic. Most of the time they come across as Pessimistic. Its always better to be Optimistic, especially if you're the fucking team who won the Champions League.

The lack of optimism and confidence on this forum is odd. Any other forum and the fans really get behind the team and talk about winning. On this forum though, too many posters are trying to appear objective and rational, I suspect to try and win member of the months awards or something which is quite pathetic. Most of the time they come across as Pessimistic. Its always better to be Optimistic, especially if you're the fucking team who won the Champions League.

Yeah i know what you mean being positive/optimistic and being confident is different from being unrealistic. You need to support the club that you are a fan of and thats the most important thing imo.

I thought people had learned a lesson from last year and that is : ''Never write Chelsea off''. We won the UCL and we aren't the ones who are the underdogs we are the ones that are feared so i hope fans show some more confidence in their club.

Why is everybody fearing Juventus ? We are Chelsea!! I watch Juve alot of Serie A with my bro and i know that Juventus is a very good side, but the fans are quite cocky after they won the scudetto. They have not faced a team like us in the Serie A. I went to their forum and they are expecting that they are going to thrash us. Well tomorrow they are not going to know what hit them.

you don't know nothing about Juve, otherwise you couldn't talk in this way...Juve is the football story in Italy e beyond...is the most loved and hated team in Italy

Yeah i know what you mean being positive/optimistic and being confident is different from being unrealistic. You need to support the club that you are a fan of and thats the most important thing imo.

I thought people had learned a lesson from last year and that is : ''Never write Chelsea off''. We won the UCL and we aren't the ones who are the underdogs we are the ones that are feared so i hope fans show some more confidence in their club.

I guess we are trying to be realistic!

There's no point in saying we will win 10-0 as that's unlikely.

What's more likely is a cagey game, where I expect us to win.

I'm not going to shout about, just be British - quietly optimistic.

As for the member of the month thing (I must say I thought it was originally a double-entendre) - l don't think people are doing that? Really? Shocked if true :)

you don't know nothing about Juve, otherwise you couldn't talk in this way...Juve is the football story in Italy e beyond...is the most loved and hated team in Italy

It is just my opinion mate. I don't love Juve but you do so yeh.

no problem friend, you guessed...

I did not guess i have been watching the Serie A for a long time. Answer this question : Have you ever faced a club like Chelsea since Conte joined?

The answer is probably ''No''. And this Juventus side do not have the UCL experience like Chelsea does. Oh yeh people say we are concerned about their midfield but what about our wingers? They have 3 defenders and 2 slow ones aswell. We can hit them hard on the counter attack with the pace that Hazard,Moses and Mata have(maybe even Ramires from CM). Imagine Hazard vs Barzagli, i know Barzagli is a quality defender but he does not have the pace to deal with Eden. And what about Bonucci vs Torres? They have already faced eachother in the Euro final and we saw how that played out.

I did not guess i have been watching the Serie A for a long time. Answer this question : Have you ever faced a club like Chelsea since Conte joined?

The answer is probably ''No''. And this Juventus side do not have the UCL experience like Chelsea does. Oh yeh people say we are concerned about their midfield but what about our wingers? They have 3 defenders and 2 slow ones aswell. We can hit them hard on the counter attack with the pace that Hazard,Moses and Mata have(maybe even Ramires from CM). Imagine Hazard vs Barzagli, i know Barzagli is a quality defender but he does not have the pace to deal with Eden. And what about Bonucci vs Torres? They have already faced eachother in the Euro final and we saw how that played out.

you are right for most of your thinking, but...our 3-men defensive line is supported by midfield, Chiellini supports other central players with his speed, Bonucci, is true, is not a champ and is our weakness but is not so weak. Finally, it's true that we missed ECL from 3 years but ours player are all components of National Teams. They are quite experienced players.

you are right for most of your thinking, but...our 3-men defensive line is supported by midfield, Chiellini supports other central players with his speed, Bonucci, is true, is not a champ and is our weakness but is not so weak. Finally, it's true that we missed ECL from 3 years but ours player are all components of National Teams. They are quite experienced players.

Thats why i mentioned the counter. Your midfield is upfront when they are attacking and our wingers can counter attack when someone intercepts.

Our defenders aren't slow, they aren't lightning but they aren't slow either.

Chiellini is the pacy one. But Barzagli and Bonucci are not slow but if you compare them to Hazard or Moses they are