Chelsea vs Juventus

Jase

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm both a Chelsea and a Juventus supporter, so I know both teams very well.

Juventus is a very very good team, with a solid defense and a great midfield, one of the best midfields in Europe. They play well, have very good chemistry and are very tough to beat.

But Juve has also some some issues: they lacks a top quality striker, are too Pirlo-centric, and from time to time are too offensive, and their defensive line happens to be too high. The speed and the class of Mata and Eden may be a very tough test for Bonucci, Barzagli and Chiellini, who are very strong but a little slow. RDM should play them very wide on the wing, because Juve's wings always play very high.

If our midfield manage to do a heavy pressing on Pirlo all night long I think we have a very good chance. If we let Pirlo play... Well, we're in trouble.

I think Juventus will play a 3-5-2:

Buffon

Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini

Lichtsteiner(Isla)-Vidal-Pirlo-Marchisio-Asamoah

Vucinic-Giovinco

In my opinion Chelsea should play like this:

Cech

Ivanovic-Terry-Luiz-Cole

Ramires-Mikel-Oscar

Mata-Torres-Hazard

But RDM will never agree with me :rolleyes:

Ps: I'm italian, sorry for my english.

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Oscar - Mikel - Lampard

Hazard - Mata

Torres

Oscar and Mata instead of Ramires and Bertrand will make a huge difference.

I'd love to see it against Juve! Although it does not provide width against english teams (wich is needed).

Cech

Azi - Cahil - Terry - Cole

Mikel

Ramires. - Mata

Sturridge - Torres. - Hazard

With Iva, Luiz, Bertrand, Romeu, Lampard, Oscar, Moses, Marin getting their chances.

I'd love to see it against Juve! Although it does not provide width against english teams (wich is needed).

Cech

Azi - Cahil - Terry - Cole

Mikel

Ramires. - Mata

Sturridge - Torres. - Hazard

With Iva, Luiz, Bertrand, Romeu, Lampard, Oscar, Moses, Marin getting their chances.

Lampard, Oscar, Moses and Marin are all better than Ramires. How come you prefer him for the starting lineup?

I'm both a Chelsea and a Juventus supporter, so I know both teams very well.

Juventus is a very very good team, with a solid defense and a great midfield, one of the best midfields in Europe. They play well, have very good chemistry and are very tough to beat.

But Juve has also some some issues: they lacks a top quality striker, are too Pirlo-centric, and from time to time are too offensive, and their defensive line happens to be too high. The speed and the class of Mata and Eden may be a very tough test for Bonucci, Barzagli and Chiellini, who are very strong but a little slow. RDM should play them very wide on the wing, because Juve's wings always play very high.

Come on, mate ... last time i heard Juventus got one of the best striker (if not the best as is claimed) ....

Nicklas-Bendtner-5.jpg

:P

The way DaLenny explains it shows us 4-3-3 would win us this game. It would nullify Juventus in just about every area. 3 against 3 in midfield with the two wings backs often being occupied with the front 3 of Mata, Torres and Hazard so meaning Juventus won't always have a midfield 5. We can bring on Moses (for Mata) at any time to trouble them at the back even more with pace.

Cech

Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole

Oscar Mikel Ramires

Hazard Torres Mata

Mikel and Ramires would need to really get at Pirlo and stop him from playing. There is speed, defense and possession in that midfield. A nice balance which we need to try and match Juventus's midfield. I don't think 4-2-3-1 is the right formation to match a team who plays 3-5-2 really well.

There are minor weaknesses to us playing 4-3-3, like any system. That weakness is the potential that Hazard and Mata keeping the wing backs busy means that them tracking back weakens Juventus's midfield yet bolsters their defence a bit with 5 at the back against 3. However I think this is the best option as Juventus's midfield is their greatest strength. 4-3-3 has the least weaknesses against 3-5-2 and as a system in general.

Lampard, Oscar, Moses and Marin are all better than Ramires. How come you prefer him for the starting lineup?

Well, dont really know hahahaha.

Moses and Marin would be out of position.

It comes down to personal taste I guess. Lamp is old already, should be left for the big games and CL. Oscar does not know how to defend yet (not that Rami is that great either)

The way DaLenny explains it shows us 4-3-3 would win us this game. It would nullify Juventus in just about every area. 3 against 3 in midfield with the two wings backs often being occupied with the front 3 of Mata, Torres and Hazard so meaning Juvetus won't always have a midfield 5. We can bring on Moses (for Mata) at any time to trouble them at the back even more with pace.

Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole

Oscar Mikel Ramires

Hazard Torres Mata

Mikel and Ramires would need to really get at Pirlo and stop him from playing. There is speed, defense and possession in that midfield. A nice balance which we need to try and match Juventus's midfield. I don't think 4-2-3-1 is the right formation to match a team who plays 3-5-2 really well.

a lot of time for that. A LOT of time.

My only concern is i dont think Hazard and Mata would be that effective as RW and LW. They both seem to play best when one is playing behind the striker and one is on a wing and then they mix and match when they want. they seem to be the most effective when they are allowed to do that. sticking them both permantly on a wing i dont think will be entirely effective, and i think if they were put in that position we would see them naturally drifting to the middle more often than they should which would make us very narrow. but like you said, bringing Moses on as a sub would be so useful there if it appeared to not entirely working. could even stick Sturrdige or Marin on the wing as well.

Come on, mate ... last time i heard Juventus got one of the best striker (if not the best as is claimed) ....

Nicklas-Bendtner-5.jpg

:P

Obviously if he plays we have no chance at all.

He is a taller and more talented version of Zlatan. Or that's what he loves to say :D ...

Well, dont really know hahahaha.

Moses and Marin would be out of position.

It comes down to personal taste. Lamp is old already, should be left for the big games and CL. Oscar does not know how to defend yet (not that Rami is that great either)

Yes, Lampard is old now and not as good as he used to be. But he still has the quality, the strength, and the intelligence, three elements which Ramires is lacking. Ramires is just so frustrating to watch. Awful first touch, and loses the ball so easily. I don't think that this will suddenly change if RDM uses him as CM, or in the double pivot.

Oscar is without a single doubt better than Ramires. Moses also seems better than him in general... he's strong, skillful. Marin is also very good from what we've seen in the preseason. I think that all of them have a lot more to offer than Ramires. Ramires is also quite predictable, you can easily tell which way he's going to go, which is why he's stopped and pushed away so easily.

lol didnt see the photo the first time. Honestly though it can go either way if bendtner plays (I highly doubt it though). Shiet @ Arsenal where he gets quite a lot of service, but pretty good @ national team =.=

So would people be confident in throwing Oscar into such a big game? Do you really rate him as a better CM than Ramires right now? (not talking about potential)

His performances for Brazil speak for themself. He is class. I don't know why you are bringing up Ramires. Oscar is not in direct competition with Ramires. They should play in the same midfield (in a 4-3-3).