Chelsea vs Juventus

Jase

It's true Juve did not play in the CL for 4 years but all of the players got international experience. i think this will not make much difference. They are my favourite team in Italy and by far the best, they only lack some proper wingers and a worldclass striker (we do too btw). Chiellini would walk in any team in the world and Pirlo makes theirs one of the best mids in the world (yes better than bayern whose midfield is not that good actuaalyy as schweini is not himself, kroos is average and martinez is overrated), def better than ours even though Marchisio is not better than lamps and vidal is not better than Ramires. Juve's squad situation is about inverted to ours:Their density in the CM and ST positions is admirable. Juves weakness is their lack of pace and qulity on the wings, which is actually our strength so we should exactly play that strength. Instead of a 4-2-3-1 which tends to be narrow and with Ramires winger , we should drag him back and play a 4-3-3 with much width and counter-attack as well as a well-stuck middle, where we have to limit space for Pirlo. Vidal and Marchisio will be full of running and all over the place, so if we have no Ramires there the immobile Lamps (who I expect to play)and Mikel will simply be overrun. But with Ramires limiting the space for the Juve midfielders, they will be forced into rather static one on one situations. Mikel and Lamps have better changes here due to their superior strength. Think a draw is a likely outcome would be really positively surprised with a win.

My formation:

Iva--Cahill-Terry--Ash

----------Mikel-----------

----Ramy------Lamps-

Moses--Studge--Hazard

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, much respect to what Juve did last season and i am in no way undermining their achievement, but we all know Europe is another ball game, just take a look at City last season....And why do everyone keep saying their midfield is only second to Barcelona?, what do you base this on?, they havent played a game in Europe in forever and we dont know how that midfield that was a beast in Italy would fair in Europe, AC Milan had a great run the season before last in the Serie A, but they couldnt replicate it in the CL...I think it is disrespectful to Bayern and Madrid's midfield to say Juve's , mid are second best in EUROPE, Madrid battled and won Barca a couple of times last season and Alonso and Khedira were brilliant, and the Bayern midfield stood firm against Madrid in the CL semi-final, well that is what i am basing my opinion on...

I am in no way stating that Juve's midfield cant rival them, but until they prove it outside Italy, it would be only right if we compare them to Italian teams...I am pretty sure Obi and Ramires (i hope he is dropped back to is natural position in a 4-3-3), would give them a run for their money, Obi and Ramires(from RW) gave the Barca midfield a run for their money and we have evidence to prove that....

P.S... It is a new season and we are undefeated in the league as well :dance:

Juventus is ok but not what some people on here are getting scared of.They are a decent opposition with a slightly better midfield.Remember Torres gave Italy headaches in Euros with defence mostly Juventus made. we win 4-1 (torres,torres,lampard-p.k,vidal,hazard )

Win, lose, draw. I'm not too worried at the moment, I'm just appreciating the fact that Chelsea is playing a club with the stature of Juventus! Hell I can't even remember the names of the other two clubs in the group (no disrespect intended, I know there is a Ukranian team and Danish team), I'm just excited to play Juve. When the draw was being drawn I knew the moment that ball was picked up it had Juve in it, it was written in the stars (as Gary Neville would say). Juve have had some magnificent players at their club: Zidane, Platini, Trezeguet, Buffon, Nedved, Del Piero, Baggio, Cannavaro and an even more magnificent history.

Let's make this match a part of Juve's storied history by thrashing them 5-0.

Win, lose, draw. I'm not too worried at the moment, I'm just appreciating the fact that Chelsea is playing a club with the stature of Juventus! Hell I can't even remember the names of the other two clubs in the group (no disrespect intended, I know there is a Ukranian team and Danish team), I'm just excited to play Juve. When the draw was being drawn I knew the moment that ball was picked up it had Juve in it, it was written in the stars (as Gary Neville would say). Juve have had some magnificent players at their club: Zidane, Platini, Trezeguet, Buffon, Nedved, Del Piero, Baggio, Cannavaro and an even more magnificent history.

Let's make this match a part of Juve's storied history by thrashing them 5-0.

Strange. We beat them in CL not too long ago.

Not just harsh but ridiculous. RDM is going to be judged on what happens over the course of this season. Not by one match in September.

In real life - Yes

In the crazy world of football - hmmm not sure.

I dont think Roman will be happy with the Atletico match, we're not playing with any swagger...

Not saying its gonna happen, but don't be surprised if a defeat puts another nail in the coffin.

Fans have unrealistic expectations (look at me), so why would RA be any different :)

Can't wait though, think we will respond better in Europe, like previous seasons :)

I never said it was a privelege to play Juve. And I don't feel priveleged I'm just appreciating the fact this is a big fixture against a big club...

Exactly. And we wouldn't even be having this fixture had we not won the Champions League last season.