Chelsea vs Juventus

Jase

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is his defensive work? I don't really know much about the kid.

None!

Hahahaha

Simply because brazilians dont defend, only the defenders defend :P

Dont worry though, he will learn, he hasnt looked bad the few times he tried to defend.

besides the Juve game

His performances for Brazil speak for themself. He is class. I don't know why you are bringing up Ramires. Oscar is not in direct competition with Ramires. They should play in the same midfield (in a 4-3-3).

beside the Juve game then I completely agree. He's good at the national team, but not yet reach that level to be able to decide the big games. The teams Brazil played against in the Olympics were average or poor, just look at the final. At least that's what I think.

Again I'll say, attackers don't need to defend. If they do its a Bonus. Its not a pre-requisite. A midfield of Ramires-Mikel-Oscar could be as good as Juventus's.

If you are playing as a CM you have to defend, to some degree you must. I don't think that Midfield is as good as ours either.

A midfield of Ramires-Mikel-Oscar could be as good as Juventus's.

I can't agree on this point.

Ramires-Mikel-Oscar would be a good midfield, and that's the midfield I would like to see wednesday.

But Juve's midfield isn't just a good midfield, it's a great midfield. Right now it's second only to Barca's, IMO.

Midfield (and maybe GK? difficult to say) is the only area where Juve is better than us. In order to win we need a midfield who limit theirs and the rest of the team who exploits their issues (especially Mata and Hazard).

Attackers do minimal defending. This is true for most top teams.

Full team pressing isn't just built on the defenders' work. As I said, everyone has to to his duties. If Hazard, Mata and Torres were doing their defensive job like they should do (100% effort, pressing, tracking back, positioning more wisely!) then we'd have one problem less.

I don't think that Midfield is as good as ours either.

I don't think your team is as good as ours in General...

Full team pressing isn't just built on the defenders' work. As I said, everyone has to to his duties. If Hazard, Mata and Torres were doing their defensive job like they should do (100% effort, pressing, tracking back, positioning more wisely!) then we'd have one problem less.

Pressing, I think is something Hazard, Mata and Oscar can do but constantly tracking back is not what they should be doing.

I don't think your team is as good as ours in General...

What did that have to do with anything? I would say our midfield is as good as yours, your attack is better. Defence is about even and keepers I would say Buffon edges it. You probably have a bit more quality on the bench.

What did that have to do with anything? I would say our midfield is as good as yours, your attack is better. Defence is about even and keepers I would say Buffon edges it. You probably have a bit more quality on the bench.

I would say our Defence when at its best is better, the midfield I suggested not far behind yours, attack lightyears better, your goal keeper a bit better and we have a lot better depth just about everywhere except midfield until recently.

Yeah you do for the most part, not in the CF spot though.

True. We have Lukaku I guess. Plus the likely possibility of buying a Striker in January. We could buy a midfielder as well but this is all in the future and hypothetical. We'll only face each other twice so it comes down to who has the best starting 11 and who plays the best.