Chelsea vs Juventus

Jase

This is a must win match for RDM. Otherwise I dont see him surving until December.

I'd love to hear you reasoning for this. It's not like we are playing a team in relegation, we are playing the winners of the Italian league.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's true Juve did not play in the CL for 4 years but all of the players got international experience. i think this will not make much difference. They are my favourite team in Italy and by far the best, they only lack some proper wingers and a worldclass striker (we do too btw). Chiellini would walk in any team in the world and Pirlo makes theirs one of the best mids in the world (yes better than bayern whose midfield is not that good actuaalyy as schweini is not himself, kroos is average and martinez is overrated), def better than ours even though Marchisio is not better than lamps and vidal is not better than Ramires. Juve's squad situation is about inverted to ours:Their density in the CM and ST positions is admirable. Juves weakness is their lack of pace and qulity on the wings, which is actually our strength so we should exactly play that strength. Instead of a 4-2-3-1 which tends to be narrow and with Ramires winger , we should drag him back and play a 4-3-3 with much width and counter-attack as well as a well-stuck middle, where we have to limit space for Pirlo. Vidal and Marchisio will be full of running and all over the place, so if we have no Ramires there the immobile Lamps (who I expect to play)and Mikel will simply be overrun. But with Ramires limiting the space for the Juve midfielders, they will be forced into rather static one on one situations. Mikel and Lamps have better changes here due to their superior strength. Think a draw is a likely outcome would be really positively surprised with a win.

My formation:

Iva--Cahill-Terry--Ash

----------Mikel-----------

----Ramy------Lamps-

Moses--Studge--Hazard

I agree with your strategy, Rami should play a little in front of Lamps and Mikel in order to stay close to Pirlo. Hazard and Moses playing wide will be a real trouble with their speed for Lichtsteiner, Barzagli and Chiellini, a little less for Asamoah, that man is a beast. and if you can, tell RDM to attack on Bonucci, he's our Luiz!! =) He's good but sometimes loses his concentration. I believe that Juve's key player in the game could be the less-feared midfielder, Marchisio. he's great in insertions(don't know if this is the right word) and with Pirlo and Vucinic to assist him could be dangerous.

I hope Lichtsteiner will stay all the game on Hazard to limit his role in the game, on the second half could leave the job to Isla, we suffer a lot from players like him...

Most people people on this forum are intelligent and this shows through their posts. You're the negative exception.

lol so mature...

We need to crowd the midfield to reduce the space for pirlo there.

team

ivanovic-luiz-cahill-cole

mikel - ramires

moses-mata-hazard

sturridge

1. cahill should play because of terry injury

2. lampard had 69% passing against qpr, horrible, should be benched. He is a natural attacking midfielder. Dimatteo is playing him out of position

3. moses in place of ramires should give us some energy in attack and he also comes back to mark the full backs (just like man united's valencia)

4. Torres walked out on the coach after a poor 80mins and deserved to be benched for that no excuse.

5. If mata is not playing, then oscar must take his place

6. Lampard played 3 games in 9 days, i think he needs to rest for sure 34 year old. Even scholes doesnt play this much.

Overall i think 4-3-3 will be best

ramires-mikel-oscar

moses-sturridge-hazard

This will shut out the space for pirlo better than only two holding midfielders or playin betrand at LW. :fainthv9:

For me personally I would like to see us play a 4-3-2-1 formation. This will give us enough cover in terms of them playing a 3-5-2.

----------------Torres------------------

------------------------------------------

----------Mata------Hazard-----------

-------------------------------------------

-----Lampard--Mikel--Ramires-----

-------------------------------------------

I personally think this would give enough freedom to Mata (if not fit replace with Oscar) and Hazard to do there thing and try and feed through Torres, and will also give enough cover to deal with there 5 midfielders. If Ash or Ivan push up we will have cover in terms or Lamps, Mikel or Rambo if they counter. If not in this game I think we should at least try it, or go back to a normal 4-3-3 in which the players can play very well as we have seen before.

I may be wrong but for all i have seen Pirlo in the euros and juve shirt, if given time he can be deadly but if pressed hard, he tends to loose the ball and sometimes looses in his own third. But i don't think that would be possible with Lampard and Mikel in the MF. We need ramires to close him down. Stop making him dictate the play.

If we close out Pirlo like Spain did in the Euro final Juve will have a tough time.

I know its easier said than done because Spain has the best midfield in the world, but if RDM gets it right we'll cause problems in the right areas.

We don't have the DM's to completely shut out Juventus's midfield but we can still shut out at least one player. Obviously that player has to be Pirlo. I don't think Marchisio or Vidal have the creativity to hurt us too much, as good as they are. Stay reasonably solid at the back and we can keep a clean sheet.

This is a home game so we need to be more adventurous and should attack them. The away game against Juventus is the game where RDM can be forgiven for being defensive.

We don't have the DM's to completely shut out Juventus's midfield but we can still shut out at least one player. Obviously that player has to be Pirlo. I don't think Marchisio or Vidal have the creativity to hurt us too much, as good as they are. Stay reasonably solid at the back and we can keep a clean sheet.

How about Romeu-Mikel in the double pivot?

Sturridge

Hazard-Mata-Moses

Romeu-Mikel

and the usual defence?

I think we'll see the regular starting XI. Changes likely to be made for Stoke which makes sense. Kind of silly to give someone their first start in the CL against Juventus. It's clear that RDM likes people to prove themselves to some degree before giving them major responsibility and I think the positive outings from Sturridge and Moses, however brief, will at least let RDM feel more comfortable about using them more.

No way will Lampard be dropped and no way will Romeu be given his first start of the season in such a big, tough game.

Ye i know thats not the line-up RDM will choose but it was just an idea to stop Pirlo,Vidal and Marchisio