Chelsea vs Juventus

Jase

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you people are far too harsh on the manager that won us a double last year. disgusting really. yes he made mistakes but he is human and had we taken our chances we would have won comfortably.

what i think we will see

cech

ivanovic cahill terry cole

mikel lampard

ramires mata hazard

torres

what i would want to see

cech

azpi cahill terry cole

ramires lampard

oscar mata hazard

torres

Mikel & Lampard vs the energetic and very mobile Marchisio & Vidal with Pirlo behind them. I hate to to say it but this could get very ugly.

Unless Di Matteo makes some changes, both in personel and tactically, but that's unlikely.

Do you think 3 at the back will leave your defense exposed?

Potentially but in the end we play basically a RB at RWB who will not ignore his defensive duties. We also have a CM who has made the LWB his own, he will run all day. Now you answer my question.

Do you think 3 at the back will leave your defense exposed?

Not really depending on your wingers, if they work hard n track back like italy in euro then it'd be basically like 5-3-2 when defending n back to 3-5-2 in attack. Either way the midfield is always going to be congested.

But honestly don't think the team we'll be fielding on Wednesday will be like didierforever said. There's no point playing the same formation as Juve just to beef up our midfield, when some of those players haven't played a match for us this season

you people are far too harsh on the manager that won us a double last year. disgusting really. yes he made mistakes but he is human and had we taken our chances we would have won comfortably.

Disagree... Not attacking you personally, just stating my opinion on your post :)

1) If QPR had of taken their chances they would also have won comfortably.

2) Second half our Midfield was completely over-run

3) Yes, he did well last season - but that was with an INHERITED squad - this summer we've spent lot's of money on new players and so far we haven't integrated them (except Hazard) - these were HIS signings and we are going backwards

4) Our league form was dreadful last year

5) The only quality opposition we have faced is Atletico - if you don't think we'll get exposed with our current line-up against Juve - then it will be a long, frustrating night. RDM should have used this game + training after the Atletico Match to get Romeu or Ramires into the DP. Instead - he loaned out Essien and sold Meireless - not exactly top of the class there with 'tactical' thinking.

6) Brazil are playing Oscar in nearly every competitive match - why aren't we? How is the kid supposed to learn if he's not played? If you are 'good enough' you are 'old enough' - that's the way of the world.

So there's 6 reasons why I think unless RDM really starts to change things - we could be in trouble.

Like I have also said - I REALLY REALLY REALLY like Robbie - he was a great player for us, I love his calmness, his professionalism - BUT this all means squat, if he cannot change things on the pitch :(

Potentially but in the end we play basically a RB at RWB who will not ignore his defensive duties. We also have a CM who has made the LWB his own, he will run all day. Now you answer my question.

Potentially but we will likely play at least one defensive winger and RDM will probably ask Mata and Hazard to track back. If we don't use any defensive wingers then we can keep your wing backs and defense occupied which is another way to combat your midfield.

But anyhow i predict a close match, decided by either Pirlo, Hazard, and Torres, if it's one of their days. Hopefully we can come out on top. I've watched Pirlo played a hundred times (I'm also a Milan fan *sigh*) and he does get bullied at times when the opposition midfielders can harass and isolate him. Then he'll start drifting wide and that's when he's ineffective. Easier said than done when he's protected by Vidal & Marchisio though..

Oh and another point is that their strikers are all average

Asamoah plays at LWB right?

Not really.

Asamoah is more a wing rather than a LWB.

In fact, the Juventus midfield consists of five players, Asamoah and Lichtsteiner are not part of the difense.

The game of Juve is very offensive and based on possession and quick movement of the ball.

Our slow midfielders will suffer a lot against them :(

The clock is ticking on RDM to actually use these new signings properly. Like many have said, Oscar is a starting player for his national team, and it's not just any old national team, it's Brazil... he SHOULD be starting games for Chelsea, he's more than ready.

We all know RDM is going to line up an unltra defensive team, I can see him deploying the exact tactics that got us through Barca and Munich... He has to understand those are tactics that rely heavily on luck! I can understand if he starts Bertrand/Ramires on the wings, for their defensive attributes, but he doesnt have to be so defensive.

I agree with the majority when they say about Lampard in that double pivot, and we all know he'll start their again. Hopefully itll be his last start there because i cant see us winning this game (or deservedly winning) with lampard there, and bertrand/Ramires on a wing. Hopefully the return of Mata will remove one of those defensive wingers.

i would love to see a change of formation in this game, it would shock Juve, and as Juve play WB's, it could be very effective, the middle of the pitch is going to be a very busy place, and im not sure Lampard is going to be able to cope with those defensive duties.

another poor performance or a loss should hopefully be a slap round RDM's face to change his style of play and throw on some of those attacking midfielders we bought, Sturrdige needs more game time. at the moment i Still prefer Torres over Sturridge. but Sturridge needs to be seen more, and be used earlier than the 85th minute!

this could be a long game for us. Having said that, It's a chmpions league match. They always tend to bring out the best in players (as long as we dont concede in the first 10minutes!) and maybe then RDM's tactics might be effective with all the players giving him 100% - of course, if we do win with these tactics, prepare to see them for a bit longer!

time will tell. Huge game for the future of our season.

A few points from Juve's match yesterday:

- Buffon is still a beast

- Juve B is no where near as good as the starting XI

- Pirlo's form so far this season is not what it was last season

- Bonnucci is the weak link in the Juve defense

- Vucinic has been the key player for Juve this season

- We will need Iva to be in top form because Asamoah will take some stopping