IS RDM the man to take CFC Forward?

Muzchap

RDM  

173 members have voted

1. 1. IS RDM the man to take CFC Forward?

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. So why make judgments already when we are yet to play a 'big' match this season?

So Atletico wasn't a good team?

Or are we just going to completely forget about that match because it contradicts your argument?

If we had won I certainly bet you all would be using a victory against a good Atletico team to support your argument. But since we didn't you can conveniently brush aside the result as if it never happened.

Chill....

It's not personal...

You're saying you expect top 4 and a Cup... I'm saying if we keep playing formations al a QPR then we are all deluded if we think that's on the cards...

Delusion of Grandeur is a term - not a personal insult :D

Anyway, watching Spuds v Reading and they are spanking Reading... with an attacking mentality and playing with wingers - really wish we'd have played like this yesterday...

Studge is easily as good, if not better than Defoe...

You quoted me, so I think it must be a tad bit personal ;).

I'm agreeing with you regarding the line up. We can't keep playing like that. But let's discuss whether or not RDM is the right man for Chelsea in a few months, that's all I'm saying :).

Or are we just going to completely forget about that match because it contradicts your argument?

If we had won I certainly bet you all would be using a victory against a good Atletico team to support your argument. But since we didn't you can conveniently brush aside the result as if it never happened.

Awesome post - couldn't have said it better myself... :D

Atletico is a good team yes. Falcoa is one of the best strikers in the world, however the match was not that big as it was a supercup match. We have also played Man city which is a community shield match. Both big freindly matches with a trophy at the end... Man city is a better team than Atletico madrid but we haven't had a big match this season imo...

To clarify imo we have played big teams, but we haven't played big matches. Juve in the champions league is a Big match.

Not personal - but quoting helps keep it in context ;)

Agree - it possibly is way too early.. I want RDM to succeed BTW - i loved him as a player... and as a person he is great, just hope he makes that next step...

So we basically wish for the same thing to happen. RDM to succeed, to scrap the overload of defensive players against teams we should be able to cope with like QPR, and for us to be a top contender for the Premiership. Glad we got that sorted out mate ;).

I said before Robbie got the contract, that he is untested in two things, and these two things are VITAL for a top manager to have.

Wise in the market... As i like to call it, i think he's been fairly poor here, instead of solving out the double pivot problems, he went on to buy three attackers and a right back. He also should've bought a striker. Instead we let the likes of Raul Meireles and Michael Essien go, and keep John Obi Mikel, who will never be able to play in this system. Frank Lampard also, he cannot play in double pivot, end of. And then we have Oriol Romeu, very talented kid and very underrated by the fans on here, but he doesn't play anymore. And it's not wise to have him as our only back up for DM. The double pivot is what will be the death of us this season I'm afraid. Just like last season when we had the wrong players to play 4-3-3, we now have the same thing with 4-3-2-1. I can see us changing formation but in a panic scenario unfortunately.

Philosophy... Last season we played 4-2-3-1 under Robbie, but it wasn't really a system it was just putting players in positions and telling them to do this, now this is our consistent formation and we are playing to win games and play attractive football, rather than holding out. I can't complain with the attackers, we have a great option of them, but the double pivot is so weak, i get scared when the other team is on the break. It's like Di Matteo doesn't know what he's doing, this isn't the right formation for the players we have right now. I wanted this season to be a season where our new team gel together, but it seems that it's going to be a season where we will end up changing formation, bad results coming in, bad season, Robbie's sacked and then we are back to square one.

So opinion on Robbie... I don't think he's the right man for the job because of what I've seen, yes it's very early, but who can look at this squad and the performances and say 'we are going somewhere' you're just delusional if you can do that and mean it. I think Pep Guardiola will be our manager soon enough, and maybe it might be a good thing, he's a huge gamble unfortunately. But his spirit and way of playing was just class, and we have a lot of creative attackers, maybe he could come here and do some impressive things.

However i want Robbie to achieve, because he's a club legend, and a great fucking player in his time. I prey to god that he will succeed and all this will blow over. Good luck to Robbie and lets hope the season starts getting better.

The big games are coming thick and fast now with Juve, Arsenal, Spurs, Man utd and Liverpool soon. Then we will have a clear indication of RDM, his tactics and the squad in general.

My biggest worry is if we set out like that vs QPR, logic dictates that he will be that defensive vs Juve. I hope i am wrong but i expect we will see the exact same team with Mata in for bertrand...

Atletico Madrid....

And they aren't even considered as good as Real or Barca....

I was using the sentence you posted and which I quoted :rolleyes:

So we have played one big match (although it was practically a friendly, or at least that's how our team treated it), my argument still stands: it's not enough to pass judgement on Roberto just yet.

we will never play attractive football under RDM

Not true at all. He has been very defensive minded sometimes, especially away from home but I think you are forgetting we recorded some of our most impressive and attractive wins under him last season eg QPR Napoli. We also played attractive football against Newcastle. We will see more free-flowing football as the weeks go on. (Hopefully)

My biggest worry is if we set out like that vs QPR, logic dictates that he will be that defensive vs Juve. I hope i am wrong but i expect we will see the exact same team with Mata in for bertrand...

Playing a team like that is only asking for trouble. We will be pinned back a lot and also do not have enough quality in attack.

Playing a team like that is only asking for trouble. We will be pinned back a lot and also do not have enough quality in attack.

Yep that is 100% true, QPR had more possesion than us... That shouldn't be happening, look at tottenham away to reading it is all one sided. I have said it in many other threads but if RDM thinks after that game that Ramires is better at RW than Moses then something weird is going on. :blink:

Yep that is 100% true, QPR had more possesion than us... That shouldn't be happening, look at tottenham away to reading it is all one sided. I have said it in many other threads but if RDM thinks after that game that Ramires is better at RW than Moses then something weird is going on. :blink:

and then BOOM! reading equalize in stoppage time.

i think for us we just have to wait till maybe stoke game or week after for us to finally see what RDM will do when lamps needs a rest. for me thats when i will i have a good idea on just what he has planned.

we should be playing with 5 defensive players (exclude goalie) a box to box and 4 out right-attacking players. but if we continue at this rate i fear the worst for moses, oscar, studge and marin.....