IS RDM the man to take CFC Forward?

Muzchap

RDM  

173 members have voted

1. 1. IS RDM the man to take CFC Forward?

Of course the man who won the FA Cup and Champions League and now has a team top of the league isn't the man to take us forward :fainthv9:

I am by no means saying that he is the perfect man to take us forward, it is too early to say, which is why I voted for that option in the poll. What pisses me off is how people assume after 2 games, 1 of which we didn't even lose, that RDM isn't right. Yes he made mistakes but he is in his managerial infancy and is still learning. It is always the same people who vote no to every manager and are always on their back after a draw or loss. The same people who vote 'no' in this poll were probably the same people who thought Ancelotti should have been sacked and wanted AVB sacked after 2 or so bad results (yes he should have been sacked but it is how early people decided that he should be sacked that annoyed me). They are probably also the same people who think it would be all perfect and rosy under Guardiola- a man who will make no mistakes and we will win every game.

As soon as people launch personal attacks on Di Matteo (insulting him, not to be confused with insulting his tactics) you will be able to identify the real plastics and gloryhunters.

If he can't handle things and produce results he'll be sacked, he's not at Wigan (I'm not mean) with a chairman who'll let him time etc... Ancelotti etc got sacked because the results were below the expectations.

I voted no, I've always been a huge Ancelotti admirer but I agreed that we had to move on. I supported Villas Boas on some aspects on his game but he showed despite himself that some aspects of his management weren't sound for keeping his job.

That's more complex than "yes" "no" in a poll. You can get results without skills and you can have skills without results.

The feeling I tend to have with Di Matteo as the moment is rather the 1st option. The start of the season (and pre season) showed that nothing really changed since last season.

Not even a matter of "things will be better with time". If you have ideas and it needs time to get oiled, you've plenty of opportunities to notice it when you watch a game. At the moment I haven't a clue about where he wants to go with that team.

Is that to keep the ball ? Where's the pressing then ? (same crap than under AVB after the autumn)

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't look at the statistical aspect of the season. Many will say that's the only thing that matters, the table is the truth.

Basically I've concerns about Di Matteo's ability to change things under pressure (we've no clue about that when we look at his managerial career) and find the right balance tactically. But on the other hand, players have their responsibilities as well.

I prefer to be pleasingly surprised rather than expects marvellous things and get disappointed. All I want is to be proved wrong. And all my concerns are currently confirmed and materialized as the season goes on

I was quite surprised that he decided not to chuck on Oscar or Cesar looking for a goal when we had another sub available. It is the big games such as Arsenal, United, City etc where we will see what he is really made of. We struggled in a lot of the so called "big games" last season. Only a fortunate win over City at home is where we came out victorious in our league fixtures.

Exactly. Some people expect us to win every match against a decent side 3-0 and 7-0 against poorer sides. Going into the season, a realistic expectation was (still is) 3rd place. Last year's 3rd place team Arsenal lost 10 matches and drew 7, winning 55% of their matches. There are just so many ridiculous expectations.

1) That RDM is going to use tactics that you want and the players you want. No manager will ever do that. They also know things we do not.

2) The RDM will drop a player after one bad game or one bad match or even a couple of bad plays. The truth is, every single player has poor periods and some need to play out of them.

3) That Chelsea will play well and win every single game. (Just absurd).

4) That not only will they win every single game, but they will look great doing it. Fluid passing, excellent finishing, dominating possession.

5) That the players you want to play well will play well every single game and the players you want to see replaced will play poorly every single game. The levels of confirmation bias are just insane.

We're top of the league and people are freaking out. Honestly, stuff like this puts me off of this board.

it is always like this on match days even if we win ...a loss is like the end of the world ,,,,Stick around we need more voices of reason

it is always like this on match days even if we win ...a loss is like the end of the world ,,,,Stick around we need more voices of reason

I'm not leading an anti RDM riot, I'm just expressing my current concerns. All I want is to be proved wrong, I just have no material to make me think that my concerns aren't etablished at the moment.

I'm not leading an anti RDM riot, I'm just expressing my current concerns. All I want is to be proved wrong, I just have no material to make me think that my concerns aren't etablished at the moment.

I wasn't suggesting you were. But we do have many that just howl without giving reasons . Your posts are always worth reading

I agree with Zolayes, you are hardly the problem. It's the people on the match day thread who do the "take so and so off" after 10 minutes because he made two bad passes. It's the "so and so is crap" because they had a bad game. It's the "fire the coach" when you're on top of the table.

Look, I have said many times before that my main worry with RDM is that he seems too conservative which means that he's slow to make changes both between matches and in-game. There is a lot of room for legitimate and reasoned criticism and analysis which you do quite well. (I very much like your game analyses) Nobody is saying that you have to love everything RDM does or think that every player is great, I just would love to see reasoned discussion take the place of insane over-reaction. Right now, the latter dominates.

1) That RDM is going to use tactics that you want and the players you want. No manager will ever do that. They also know things we do not.

2) The RDM will drop a player after one bad game or one bad match or even a couple of bad plays. The truth is, every single player has poor periods and some need to play out of them.

We're top of the league and people are freaking out. Honestly, stuff like this puts me off of this board.

1. It's not about using tactics or players people want, it's about just making better decisions. Why in fucks name will anyone start a game with Bertrand AND Ramires against QPR? normally we struggle enough with Ramires rarely producing on the right, but when you now add Bertrand then it's obvious we will have problems attacking wise.

2. Only player people want to drop after 1 game is Torres, everyone else is after multiple bad games.

I agree with Zolayes, you are hardly the problem. It's the people on the match day thread who do the "take so and so off" after 10 minutes because he made two bad passes. It's the "so and so is crap" because they had a bad game. It's the "fire the coach" when you're on top of the table.

Look, I have said many times before that my main worry with RDM is that he seems too conservative which means that he's slow to make changes both between matches and in-game. There is a lot of room for legitimate and reasoned criticism and analysis which you do quite well. (I very much like your game analyses) Nobody is saying that you have to love everything RDM does or think that every player is great, I just would love to see reasoned discussion take the place of insane over-reaction. Right now, the latter dominates.

I have stopped coming until after the game ....at one time the match threads were fine exciting and positive not so now,,, best to wait at least an hour after a win or draw ...

and to the next day after a defeat KTF

I wasn't suggesting you were. But we do have many that just howl without giving reasons . Your posts are always worth reading

Thanks, I just used your post to say that I had precise explanations for why I answered "no" and that it's not just a post-match reaction (considering I didn't even watch the game yet)

I dont think its too early. Hes been manager for almost a year. We were poor in the league under rdm last season. We won the champions league by playing 11 men behind the ball and luckily scoring a few goals on the break. Any idiot can play those tactics. Hes not a genius like the media made him out to be we just had a lot of luck. So far this season we have played some of the worst football i have ever seen from a top team due to his negative tactics. A lot of people didnt want us to hire him permanently (me included) because we could see this shitty style of play coming. At least avb did things his own way and dropped players when they needed to be dropped.

1. It's not about using tactics or players people want, it's about just making better decisions. Why in fucks name will anyone start a game with Bertrand AND Ramires against QPR? normally we struggle enough with Ramires rarely producing on the right, but when you now add Bertrand then it's obvious we will have problems attacking wise.

2. Only player people want to drop after 1 game is Torres, everyone else is after multiple bad games.

1) It's not the formation I would have chosen, but no manager ever picks the exact starting XI I want. I don't care if you disagree with it, I do too, it's the overreaction, the "RDM is an idiot" or "Should RDM keep his job?" just because he put up too defensive a formation one game. There are also things that we are not privy to. Maybe Moses didn't track back at all in training. Maybe Oscar keeps getting physically pushed around in training. It's the armchair general view of things. You will never have to field your starting XI so you are immune to criticism so your theoretical starting XI is always perfect and since no real starting XI is ever perfect, yours is always better. (And I am using "your" in a general sense".

2) That's not any different to me. Dropping someone after 2 bad games after months or years of solid play is ridiculous as well. If managers did that, nobody would ever play for them. The idea that the team top of the table is going to make massive personnel changes because of one away draw in a derby is absurd. We are likely to make changes for next game simply because we are playing 3 games this week.

Yeah, like I responded to zolayes, that was just precisions on my remarks, I didn't wanted to be involved in a wild debate

He probably isn't, I had major concerns before he was appointed and he hasn't convinced me yet, sadly.

I still think we can win the league under him though.

The 25 points thing is a real thing, I don't doubt our quality on 90mn but on the season long. Tactically we're not sound (laziness of some players is at the expense of others who basically has to chase the ball for them) and we lack a proper bench depth.

We've enough quality to end above the 6th place. 4th, 3rd is my current expectation, and probably also 20 points away from both Manchesters

1) It's not the formation I would have chosen, but no manager ever picks the exact starting XI I want. I don't care if you disagree with it, I do too, it's the overreaction, the "RDM is an idiot" or "Should RDM keep his job?" just because he put up too defensive a formation one game. There are also things that we are not privy to. Maybe Moses didn't track back at all in training. Maybe Oscar keeps getting physically pushed around in training. It's the armchair general view of things. You will never have to field your starting XI so you are immune to criticism so your theoretical starting XI is always perfect and since no real starting XI is ever perfect, yours is always better. (And I am using "your" in a general sense".

2) That's not any different to me. Dropping someone after 2 bad games after months or years of solid play is ridiculous as well. If managers did that, nobody would ever play for them. The idea that the team top of the table is going to make massive personnel changes because of one away draw in a derby is absurd. We are likely to make changes for next game simply because we are playing 3 games this week.

I actually do not think people are over reacting, i did a couple weeks ago - but he keeps playing Ramires out wide, to many fans disapproval and made it 100 times worse today.

I normally try not to complain when i see the starting lineup because there's every chance players can play better than you expected. But today i just knew there was no way we could consistently put pressure on them with Ramires and Bertrand out wide.

Now i don't think he should be sacked, but he needs to have a more positive approach - a team like this is not that bad against Man city for example, but surely not QPR.

As for the second part, sometimes players need to be dropped to make them know they won't play every game if they don't perform. Just look at Fergie, a couple weeks ago he dropped De gea because of one mistake in a game they won. He dropped Rooney after a bad game against Everton and also dropped Evra today.

Some people are forgetting that the team we have been playing this season are generally the same as last with Hazard being the only exception. Can't just suddenly expect us to play open expansive football when most of our players are yet to even being fully integrated into the first team.

I doesn't really seem as though any efforts are being made to integrate players though. Azpicuelta hasn't played, Moses has had 20mins, same goes for Oscar.

I dont think its too early. Hes been manager for almost a year. We were poor in the league under rdm last season. We won the champions league by playing 11 men behind the ball and luckily scoring a few goals on the break. Any idiot can play those tactics. Hes not a genius like the media made him out to be we just had a lot of luck. So far this season we have played some of the worst football i have ever seen from a top team due to his negative tactics. A lot of people didnt want us to hire him permanently (me included) because we could see this shitty style of play coming. At least avb did things his own way and dropped players when they needed to be dropped.

RDM took over in March I think ,,,so less than two months of last season and FOUR PL games this season ......HARDLY a season