IS RDM the man to take CFC Forward?

Muzchap

RDM  

173 members have voted

1. 1. IS RDM the man to take CFC Forward?

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as Gary Player said ...the harder I work the luckier I get ,,,,,

Maybe a LUCKY manager is just what we need, For years Arsenal were known as Lucky Arsenal when they were winning things.

Lets see how it goes but id rather rely on a decent manager who doesn't play negatively in every game than hope we get lucky again by playing 11 men behind the ball. Fair enough last season he inherited a crap squad and did the best he could. This season we have some of the most exciting young players in the world and we play ramires and bertrand on the wings.

Fair enough last season he inherited a crap squad and did the best he could. This season we have some of the most exciting young players in the world and we play ramires and bertrand on the wings.

And this is exactly why many people don't agree with his squad selection. Last season it was understandable, now it's simply ridiculous.

I think RDM is trying to not make the same mistakes AVB did, rushing into the changes/changing too much too soon, and upsetting the team balance. However, today needed more creative players to open up a stern QPR on a small pitch. I would never choose Ramires on RW, unless we are playing a counter attacking game. And Bertrand is just not a player to really open up a defence. Torres was woeful and needs to be dropped for Stoke at home. Sturridge deserves a chance and Torres needs to stop sulking about everything.

I love RDM, let him gradually implement the wealth of attacking talent we now have, he will eventually take more risks with his team selection.

I still think we can win the league under him though.

Really? even though you have/had "major" concerns about him, i wouldn't call any concerns major if he can deliver the league :D

I love RDM, let him gradually implement the wealth of attacking talent we now have, he will eventually take more risks with his team selection.

I hope so.

I would agree if this wasn't Moses debut. Had Moses started and had a bad game, RDM would get slated for starting an inexpirienced debutante in a derby match. In fact had a couple of decisions in the first half went the way they should have and we ran out as winners today, we would be saying that Roberto did well to play Ryan and Rami on the wings to absorb QPR's enthusiasm at home.

I partly agree with you , had we got a pen and scored and then aobsorbed QPR's pressure we'd have applauded the tactics , however in the 2nd half we were overrun in midfield , torres couldint hold the ball up and cech kept giving the ball back to the opposition , RDM waited far far far too long to change things that were clearly not working.

Really? even though you have/had "major" concerns about him, i wouldn't call any concerns major if he can deliver the league

Mhm. If he's around for at least 2-3 years, I think we could win the league. Similar to Mancini with Manchester City. Not at all a "world class" manager, but capable.

People seem to forget that we are still top of the league. 10 points out of possible 4 games is fine by me and we beat Stoke every season at home so hopefully we have another 3 points next week against them. Nothing major to worry about

And you seem to forget this is a league, it doesn't consist of a few games. The reason why we will never be in contention with the league at the moment is because we aren't consistent enough, you could see that from a mile away. Look how bad we where defensively against the likes of Reading and Wigan, the only game i seen where we smashed it was Newcastle.

That was because Pardew tried to out play us rather than let us come and counter attack. This game against QPR could of been anyone's, and i personally think that is disgusting as we should be the better side and by a big margin. Derby or not the problems QPR have had recently we should be giving them more problems than they give us. ANTON FERDINAND CENTRE BACK?, and NO GOALS?. You must be fucking having a laugh. Teams will get the better of us later in the season, we have to make changes just like every team does. Manchester City never did that last season and teams worked them out, it almost cost them the title and to be honest it should've done. How Ferguson bottled 8 points in 6 games is beyond me.

And you seem to forget this is a league, it doesn't consist of a few games. The reason why we will never be in contention with the league at the moment is because we aren't consistent enough, you could see that from a mile away. Look how bad we where defensively against the likes of Reading and Wigan, the only game i seen where we smashed it was Newcastle.

That was because Pardew tried to out play us rather than let us come and counter attack. This game against QPR could of been anyone's, and i personally think that is disgusting as we should be the better side and by a big margin. Derby or not the problems QPR have had recently we should be giving them problems, ANTON FERDINAND CENTRE BACK?, and NO GOALS?. You must be fucking having a laugh. Teams will get the better of us later in the season, we have to make changes just like every team does. Manchester City never did that last season and teams worked them out, it almost cost them the title and to be honest they should've done. How Ferguson bottled 8 points in 6 games is beyond me.

I agree with you but I am just looking at the positives as well. We had 2 clear penalties turned down and had decent chances when we made subsitutions. I guess our real test comes against Arsenal. I think Sturridge should have started anyway, my main worry is how we fare against the big teams but although QPR were on the brink of relegation last season they are a decent team. There are positives to build on as well, I am mainly annoyed at RDM tactical decisions today

if RDM wanted to go defensive instead of putting ramires AND bertrand on the wings, why didn't he just play romeu and mikel in the double pivot and let hazard/mata/oscar do their thing at front, you know that romeu will stay back and not keep going forward like lampard. just my opinion.

While the lineup was a bit too defensive today i think he is doing the right thing looking for defensively solidarity first and building from the back.

3 clean sheets in 4, top of the league. Its better to build from the back than the front as the AVB reign showed.

It's true that solid defend is the key to win a league but we bought so many good and talented winger/am this season, it's a shame if we cannot become more dangerous offensively

For now I'll just assume he's trying to "bed in" the more youthful members of the squad as slowly as needed....Otherwise there would be no reason for him to start with both Ramires and Bertrand in midfield against a team like QPR

You must remember that he beat a similar team 6-0 at home last season. I feel in due time, he will be having Oscar, Marin, Sturridge and Mata starting regularly.

My real concern is what happens when we face bigger, faster teams. Our double pivot, which is the most integral part of his 4-2-3-,1 needs to be sorted out or dropped altogether