IS RDM the man to take CFC Forward?

Muzchap

RDM  

173 members have voted

1. 1. IS RDM the man to take CFC Forward?

There are few misleading facts about RDM's time here.

- His poor form in the League last year. It could be due to his incompetence to maintain on high level or simple fact that he gave up on the League and put all eggs in Champion League and FA cup basket.

In first case he is mediocre manager; in second he is tactical genius.

- Champions League and FA Cup. Winning those trophies with that squad is stroke of the genius. No doubt about that. However, ability to remain around top and to justify all high expectations success brings makes great manager. Trophies won in one season don't make great manager. Continuity does. Not continuity in winning trophies very next year. Continuity in winning in tough and easier matches and ability to do that by getting the best out of squad manager has. Ability to make change when things aren't working well and learning from mistakes in the process.

Great achievements - yes. Great manager - not yet.

- We are on the top of the League. Misleading. Yes we are, but after four fixtures against relatively easy teams, we were favourites against. It takes much more time and games for this fact to have meaning.

It's not that I think RDM is not good enough anymore. He has potential to be great.

However, I truly believe that this Chelsea job is dificult and requires experienced manager with proven and successful attacking philosophy.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with u Stewie. Doesn't know what he's doing. Our CM needs to be sorted out someone needs to tell lamps to play like Pirlo and Mikel should be replaced my Ramires, McEachran or Luiz. Yes, Luiz can play at CDM He's gr8 going forward and he's go this hard tackling nature.

Hmm feel bad about starting this thread now...

It wasn't that I wanted him gone, more just trying to understand his thought processes on making lots of signings and failing to incorporate them..

E.g what's his defining football strategy...

Mikel + Lamps is not working, why can't he try something else?

Ramires on the wing is not working, he also didn't track back either.

I just think the team lacks natural balance and fluidity - not playing players purchased is hardly inspiring to them is it?

Loaning out and selling midfield options is also not great.

He's gambled on that, instead of formations and I just hope it doesn't bite us in the arse.

Quick analogy - Arsenal a few seasons ago, teams worked out their one-dimensional approach and put 2 banks of 4 behind the ball, result - Arsenl don't break them down and Wenger started the Anti-football campaign.

I'm worried this could happen to us :(

No.

Why? Because he keeps playing Rami as a winger when hes got Moses there who came on and looked decent yesterday. He also keeps playing Mikel and Lampard as the two holding players despite Lampard being awful there, constantly going up and not tracking back leaving Mikel exposed. Yesterday it looked like for a while Ramires dropped slightly deeper to a more central role and Lampard went further up. Ramires isn't the best passer of the ball but I'd have him there over Lamps every day of the week. Also he needs to sub Sturridge for Torres much quicker when Torres is playing shit... which is most of the time. Also why did he play basically two defensive wingers against QPR? They are QPR not Barca. If thats how we played against QPR expect something awfully defensive against Juventus. Yes he won two trophies but apart from us being back in the CL due to winning the it you would expect us to win the FA cup normally. Also hes not a very great manager if he gets rid of two midfielders and doesn't replace them when we need at least one more midfielder, is he? Leaves us fucked if we get injuries....

To say RDM didn't do anything in order to win us the Champions League is complete rubbish. Come on? The team was torn to pieces by AVB and to bring back the morale in dressing room, and being able to win the FA cup and the Champions League should not be taking lightly. Of course the players play a big part in the triumph. But don't they always? You could say the same about Barcelona, Real Madrid and City. Go out and play the best you can, and they will win. The manager plays a big part, and so did Di Matteo. We played the only way the team we had back then could, and that was defending throughout the game, and succeeded.

I'm not saying that RDM is a perfect match. I'm not saying he will be the manager after this season. But to sack him now would be mad. He deserves a chance and we need consistency. I agree with you, 10-20 PL games, and we might be able to get an overview, but for now, it is way to early too judge him. I just hate the way people start moaning EVERYTIME a bad result comes along. Of course we'll have bad games! We are in the midst of a Blue revolution, and I can't remember a season like this that I've been so excited about. Oscar, Moses, Hazard, Marin, Azpi are all good and most importantly young players. I for one support RDM all the way, but we as fans certainly have the right to question his tactics which I also do. Don't get me wrong.

nope it was not RDM it was the players deciding to actually do some work!

nope it was not RDM it was the players deciding to actually do some work!

If so, you could say that about every team in the world, man. Of course the players played the biggest part in winning the Champions League. After all it was them who played the final, not Robbie. However he did settle peace back to dressing room told by several of the "Old Guard". I am convinced that he played a part in it, albeit not as big as the players. Don't underestimate what he did for our club. After all, he was the one to bring it home, not José, not Ancelotti, not Scolari, not Grant. Roberto Di Matteo. And that deserves some real fucking credit.

I think RDM is a smart guy a sooner or later he will realize that certain things needs to be changed. I think we should stop forcing our players to play out of their natural positions tbh. Bertrands and Ramires on the wings for example. One is CM and the other is LB u can't expect them to be as much creative as Mata, Marin, Moses, Hazard or Oscar. Everything works out for RDM last season when we were playing very defenisve type of football with counter-attacks but when u want to play offensive u need offensive players to do that tbh. I like RDM and I don't want Roman to think that RDM don't know how to play offensive football with so many quality players in the team.

I think RDM is a smart guy a sooner or later he will realize that certain things needs to be changed.

Just like he did at West Brom? I don't want him to fail but i don't see anything very positive at the moment!

Look at the Reading game and 2nd half against QPR and the fact we really have not played anyone!

If di Matteo is trying to instil a new mentality he is learning to do it in a different way than Villas-Boas attempted. Although I see absolutely no change, besides Hazard.

The thing that annoys me most is he is killing Oscar's potential by putting him on the bench and playing Mikel and Lampard ahead of him. Though I agree with his team selection yesterday, Oscar should be playing more. However he may be short on fitness.

You agree with his selection yesterday? Why did he essentially play 6 players whose main job was to defend, also with Mata out it was the perfect opportunity to give Oscar a start. Oscar doesn't appear short on fitness, he seemed to run non-stop when he has come on as a sub, he clearly wants to prove himself and in my opinion he has been giving very little chance to. Im not calling for RDM to go after 4 BPL games but his team selection at times has confused me, similar to how AVB kept selecting Malouda and Merieles as starters last year despite having better options.

Sadly, people tend to forget the positives. The team needs to gel. I expect a top 4 this year, and maybe a win in the FA cup or World Cup. Those two would be enough for me.

We haven't played a decent team yet!

The only decent team we have played spanked us 4-1...

Keep up with the delusions of grandeur all you like, but this thread is discussing the inherent lack of subjective decision making by RDM.

Defensive against QPR is not title contending or any Cup winning form - its survival and we used a lot of our Luck up last year :)

Keep up with the delusions of grandeur all you like, but this thread is discussing the inherent lack of subjective decision making by RDM.

Defensive against QPR is not title contending or any Cup winning form - its survival and we used a lot of our Luck up last year :)

I seem to remember us doing well for our first four games last year as well, drawing to Stoke and then winning the other three. After that we got spanked 3-1 at Old Trafford.

How am I delusive? What makes me delusive and not you? Am I not entitled to my opinion just as much as you are? I think so.

Newcastle were a decent a team. Granted, they didn't have their best game, but they spanked us last year. By the way, I have not said anything about us playing well. All I asked for was not to always focus on the negatives. Of course there will be things to work on with the new squad. And we saw last year that we need one hell of an overhaul. We have bought some very promising players, and I think that they will contribute to great things in the long run. I understand people may be lacking understanding to RDM's decision making. But all I am asking for is time. Nothing more. As I mentioned earlier we will see if he is in fact the right manager later. It's too early now.

How am I delusive? What makes me delusive and not you? Am I not entitled to my opinion just as much as you are? I think so.

Newcastle were a decent a team. Granted, they didn't have their best game, but they spanked us last year. By the way, I have not said anything about us playing well. All I asked for was not to always focus on the negatives. Of course there will be things to work on with the new squad. And we saw last year that we need one hell of an overhaul. We have bought some very promising players, and I think that they will contribute to great things in the long run. I understand people may be lacking understanding to RDM's decision making. But all I am asking for is time. Nothing more. As I mentioned earlier we will see if he is in fact the right manager later. It's too early now.

Chill....

It's not personal...

You're saying you expect top 4 and a Cup... I'm saying if we keep playing formations al a QPR then we are all deluded if we think that's on the cards...

Delusion of Grandeur is a term - not a personal insult :D

Anyway, watching Spuds v Reading and they are spanking Reading... with an attacking mentality and playing with wingers - really wish we'd have played like this yesterday...

Studge is easily as good, if not better than Defoe...

I seem to remember us doing well for our first four games last year as well, drawing to Stoke and then winning the other three. After that we got spanked 3-1 at Old Trafford.

Yup - and then the Arsenal fiasco... Just cannot go through that again.... :(