IS RDM the man to take CFC Forward?

Muzchap

RDM  

173 members have voted

1. 1. IS RDM the man to take CFC Forward?

I dont think RDM is the right man, so I dont think he must win a UCL, or a PL trophy to keep his job, imo.

I just expect to win the Club World Cup, and get at least 3rd place in PL, and do a decent season in UCL. His first big test will be the match against Juventus, and we will see if he will be a disaster, or good enough to achieve those goals.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he starts showing some balls: yes, he has the chance and ability to continue be successful at Chelsea. If he keeps up with the mikel/lampard shit, Ramires RW and doesnt give Danny enough chances as CF he wont last very long im afraid because that road doesnt lead to success.

Just trying to gauge some views. Given Real Madrid' stumbling form, it is not an unrealistic prospect to consider that Jose may be fired as manager if it were to continue. If RDM is not performing as well as us fans hopes, would people like to see the return of the special one or persist with RDM? In my opinion if RDM is doing well he should stay in the job even if Pep or Jose became available, but if he has similar results to AVB last year then who would you prefer to see Jose or Pep? For me it is Jose every time, although I may be allowing sentiment to govern my thoughts as Pep has shown he can build a team.

RDM is completely wrong for CFC. He was lucky last year and even had a worse record in the league than AVB.

He failed at WBA where Woy fucking Hodgson did ok!

he is playing completely the wrong system for the players he has

After the QPR game it does not bode well for CFC this year.

Get rid of him before it is to late!

we complain and frustated, not just about result, for god sake!!

but about, what RDM looks to refusal our problem

not change, not improving

- double pivot system

- how attacking front should played, not static and more workhard in transition

- team selection

just like this post said actually

Well if he makes cowardly starting line ups and tactics against relegation threatened teams then yes he will.

I fear it will be like Scolari or Carlo's second season, good start but refusal to address huge problems (double pivot and the attacking front) leading to a huge bad run in form would see him sacked by February at the most

If Hazard scored goal when he had a chance we would kill them, because we were dangerous on counters. And atleast we are keeping clean sheet and not conceding goals. We could play better (attacking) but I think we are going to play every away game defensive and on counters (That is why Ramires is playing. he is deadly on counter with Hazard.).

Also it showed us that Juan Mata is key player in our team, Hazard didn't have good support from any midfielder player.

Taking all things into consideration and his current baffling decisions, No. Quite simply he is not. I don't think he has the mentality and respect of the players nor is he playing the syle of Football we want and there are no signs he wants to change our style of play.

Like Di Matteo said: "If you win, you're a tactical genius, if not, people will criticize everything about your lineup'" Give him time. Yes I agree that we played way too defensive today, but do you even remember last season? AVB complete and utterly destroyed our strong defensive mentality, and scrapped everything that Chelsea was built on. It takes time, and I understand that Di Matteo wants to bring balance to the team by implementing a solid 4 back first. Remember the season where Cech broke the record for most minutes without conceding a goal?

That being said, I don't get why he chose Ramires and Betrand over Moses or Oscar. Oscar might be justified by the lack of Premier League games at the moment, and to throw him into the heat could have turned out worse. But Moses looked sharp when he came on the pitch, and we need to be sharp to take the 3 points even when the team has an off-day. Torres had a good first half, but didn't have much to work with in the second. Sturridge was another bright substitute, I'd like to see more of him. Maybe try out something different against Nordsjælland? I'm hoping so.

I want RDM to succeeded more than anyone. And it's far too early to decided whether or not he is the right man for the job. But winning us the Champions League trophy should at least give you more than 4 PL games, 1 Supercup (still hurts) and a Mickey Mouse Shield. Come on guys.

But winning us the Champions League trophy

What did he actually do though? He didn't do anything tactically special. He just basically sent the team out and told them to defend for their lives. He still has a lot to prove and the early signs are pointing to the fact that he is a one trick pony. After 10 or so Premier League games serious scrutiny will be headed towards RDM's way. Lets see how we've performed at that point.

To say RDM didn't do anything in order to win us the Champions League is complete rubbish. Come on? The team was torn to pieces by AVB and to bring back the morale in dressing room, and being able to win the FA cup and the Champions League should not be taking lightly. Of course the players play a big part in the triumph. But don't they always? You could say the same about Barcelona, Real Madrid and City. Go out and play the best you can, and they will win. The manager plays a big part, and so did Di Matteo. We played the only way the team we had back then could, and that was defending throughout the game, and succeeded.

I'm not saying that RDM is a perfect match. I'm not saying he will be the manager after this season. But to sack him now would be mad. He deserves a chance and we need consistency. I agree with you, 10-20 PL games, and we might be able to get an overview, but for now, it is way to early too judge him. I just hate the way people start moaning EVERYTIME a bad result comes along. Of course we'll have bad games! We are in the midst of a Blue revolution, and I can't remember a season like this that I've been so excited about. Oscar, Moses, Hazard, Marin, Azpi are all good and most importantly young players. I for one support RDM all the way, but we as fans certainly have the right to question his tactics which I also do. Don't get me wrong.

Di Matteo is not a tactical genius, nor is he a man-motivator. However he is a lucky manager, and they are probably the best type of manager to have.

There are times when I have thought that di Matteo is way, way out of his depth, yet other times he has been very shrewd and won us matches through his managerial competencies. I also like the way he deflects media attention, and his composed attitude is a far better image than Villas-Boas. Roman has nothing to lose by giving Robbie this season as he has already delivered two trophies. If he can win us another two this season then you have to say he is the right man for the job. Trophies don't win themselves; nor do they happen by accident.

Love the guy but i dont think he is the right man, also i just fill he is filling the void for Pep IMO

I agree there, all roads seem to lead to Pep. It's common knowledge that he is Abramovich's dream manager, the constant first choice for the job for quite some time now. Getting him to come to the club might be quite the challenge though, particularly when you factor in that Bayern Munich are apparently quite keen on him once Heynckes steps down after this season.

Di Matteo is not a tactical genius, nor is he a man-motivator. However he is a lucky manager, and they are probably the best type of manager to have.

There are times when I have thought that di Matteo is way, way out of his depth, yet other times he has been very shrewd and won us matches through his managerial competencies. I also like the way he deflects media attention, and his composed attitude is a far better image than Villas-Boas. Roman has nothing to lose by giving Robbie this season as he has already delivered two trophies. If he can win us another two this season then you have to say he is the right man for the job. Trophies don't win themselves; nor do they happen by accident.

Depends what those 2 trophies are. If they are the Club World Cup and Carling Cup and nothing else then I can't see that being enough. I have my suspicions that RDM's main objective is to keep us in the top 4 and basically not stuff up until the fire in Guardiola's belly reignites. I hope Robbie tweaks his tactics and is just changing things slowly rather than not at all. We need to see changes in the way we play by about 10-15 games into the season otherwise things won't change at all.

If di Matteo is trying to instil a new mentality he is learning to do it in a different way than Villas-Boas attempted. Although I see absolutely no change, besides Hazard.

The thing that annoys me most is he is killing Oscar's potential by putting him on the bench and playing Mikel and Lampard ahead of him. Though I agree with his team selection yesterday, Oscar should be playing more. However he may be short on fitness.