• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cech

Hutch-Terry-Cahill-Cole

Essien-Rambo

Sturridge-Mata-Hazard

Torres

Hutch should be option number one right now. Even if we bring another right back by the time, I just do not like the fact that the new player who hasnt been with team should start in such important position. Huch was solid in pre-season, nothing extraordinary but solid in defence TBH.

Essien should bring some strenght to our midfield, he was after all one of the best in pre-season and should be given a chance. Also I would like to see link up between Essien and Mata, I think that Lampard and Mata just do not understand each other enought and do not bring enought strenght to our midfield together. Rambo was vital player for us last season and I still think he is vital but I just can't stand him on the wing, he is not winger.

Studge should be best option if Marin is still out. Even if Marin is available I think he should not start in this game.

Looking forward to comfortable win. (If we try to play without red card)

I assume Oscar will be rested? I think it will be an identical lineup to the Community shield one (With another RB obviously). Perhaps Cahill instead of Luiz.

It is most likely to happen I assume. I would still like to see change or two. Not that our performance was that bad, but why not to improve. Right?

Expecting a win at least. Don't care what the score is.

If I was Robbie I'd go for Luiz at RB imo, then take Cahill in to the middle. Unsure who will play there though could be Hutch, Luiz or even Bertrand. He played there with team GB.

Expecting a win at least. Don't care what the score is.

Would rather say 'hoping' rather than 'expecting' as Wigan seem to have slowly become a problematic side for us to deal with in recent matches.

If I was Robbie I'd go for Luiz at RB imo, then take Cahill in to the middle. Unsure who will play there though could be Hutch, Luiz or even Bertrand. He played there with team GB.

Have you forgotten that Ferreira is still around?! IF we don't get a new RB before say Friday, then expect Ferreira or Hutchinson to start at RB. Luiz is not a RB and has never looked comfortable there when used there against Stoke and I think Spurs too last season. Furthermore, his rashness and erratic defending at times already leave us exposed at CB. Don't think we need that in the wide areas at RB. It's either he continues at CB or Cahill comes in for him and I hope it is the latter.

"In addition, and in order to address uncertainty over disciplinary sanctions in pre-season friendlies, sanctions for red cards shown in such fixtures will not now apply to competitive first team games. Any such sanction will apply only in the same competition (i.e. other friendlies including The FA Community Shield)."

----- Quote from: http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesandRegulations/NewsAndFeatures/2009/RedCardUpdate

Ivanovic shouldn't be banned for EPL matches, no?

"In addition, and in order to address uncertainty over disciplinary sanctions in pre-season friendlies, sanctions for red cards shown in such fixtures will not now apply to competitive first team games. Any such sanction will apply only in the same competition (i.e. other friendlies including The FA Community Shield)."

----- Quote from: http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesandRegulations/NewsAndFeatures/2009/RedCardUpdate

Ivanovic shouldn't be banned for EPL matches, no?

Yes great news! Seems he won't be suspended.

bertrand---ivano---cahill/luiz----cole

------essien/romeu---ramires------

marin------mata-------hazard

-------------torres-----------------

70 min sub Torres<sturridge

oscar<mata/ ramires

1.We only got 2 strikers so for both to start is a no no.

2.mata always gets fatigued in the last minutes of the game

3. I know oscar can play in the pivot, if you watched him in olympics he drops quite deep at times, great passing, he will obviously be paired with a defensive dm ( mikel, romeu, essien)

4. terry is shit, maybe the years finally catching up

5.I would still like to try luiz and romeu in the pivot someday, would be interesting

I expect to see the yesterdays lineup deployed at the DW, but with a much greater result.

Mikel needs to step up, else Essien or MRLSH should be given a chance

i also look forward to seeing Marin & Oscar come in as subs

Prediction: 1-4 :blue scalf:

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Cole

Essien Lampard

Marin Mata Hazard

Torres

That is what i would play against Wigan, Marin should give us some much needed width on the right especially if they are playing 3 at the back (assuming he is back and fit)... if things are going well then ramires can come on to be more of a defensive option... I would include Oscar though unrealistic to start after having just 2 days with us. Also find it extremely funny that people are dropping JT, after a bad game including a bad clearence which led to a goal... In pre-season our defence was much more solid with him in the team, and has been more solid with him for many many years. Ivanovic has looked pretty bad in most of pre-season yet he is still a great defender and shouldn't be dropped, on the basis of a few games.