Wigan vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

As I said, easy to say that. Just because it worked well for them doesn't mean it will for us. Need the right players, understanding and hard work to be able to fully implement that system.

Yup, sorry wasn't doing a 'sim' e.g. FIFA / FM

Just saying it might be a way to accommodate our midfielders and defenders if we don't sign RB or RW...

As with everything it needs time, a luxury we can ill afford.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, sorry wasn't doing a 'sim' e.g. FIFA / FM

Just saying it might be a way to accommodate our midfielders and defenders if we don't sign RB or RW...

As with everything it needs time, a luxury we can ill afford.

You think Ivanovic can play as right wing back if we don't sign a RB?! He will absolutely be a disaster there. To play as a wing back, you basically need to have a high stamina and work extremely hard because you are likely to be bombarding up and down the flank all game. Having pace is also crucial in playing there and Ivanovic doesn't have those. Already struggle at times when playing as a RB. And don't even begin to suggest Ramires to play as the wing back. Totally not suited in the wide areas at all!

I highly doubt Oscar will start this game as he will have been with us for 2/3 days after the midweek internationals, would love to see him but unlikely... Week or 2 after may be more likely... What i think will happpen is the exact lineup we saw today will be what we will play against wigan except we may see david Luiz moved to RB, or more likely paulo in there, don't think we will go with hutchinson though i personally would do if it was my call, yes he is inexperienced but he gives us more i think than paulo...

I would play

Sam Cahill Terry Cole Cahill over luiz to try and add some stability, JT and Cahill partnership imo is a better one in terms of being more secure, and with the goals we have leaked preseason he deserves a start i think.

Mikel Lampard Mikel wasn't great today but i don't think Essien is back to his best yet.... Could go with romeu but he hasn't played at all pre-season so would be a bit of a gamble to just through in there.

:cry: Mata Hazard maybe Ramires, but thinking about it the 5/10 mins we saw of Danny was quite good, so i probably chuck him in there... I know he is not a RW'er and doesn't love playing there but neither is Ramires and danny will give his best where ever he plays... Not saying ramires doesn't but i would go with danny for this one, especially as we wan't to try and exploit thier 3 at the back if they play it.

Torres We have no other strikers.... But he was actually one of our best players against city, and seemed to look a bit quicker than he has seemed in recent games last season...

Cech

Azpi-Cahill-Luiz-Cole

Essien-Romeu

Marin-Lampard-Hazard

Torres

If Azpi isn't signed then Hutchingson, and if Marin is still injured then Sturridge.

I want Mata to alter the game later on, and Oscar to come on later for his debut.

And if Romeu is still kidnapped, then play Ramires there.

This game is really important for Hazard, even over Oscar. Hazard must perform this game, or i have a feeling he is going to have an average season at best.

You think Ivanovic can play as right wing back if we don't sign a RB?! He will absolutely be a disaster there. To play as a wing back, you basically need to have a high stamina and work extremely hard because you are likely to be bombarding up and down the flank all game. Having pace is also crucial in playing there and Ivanovic doesn't have those. Already struggle at times when playing as a RB. And don't even begin to suggest Ramires to play as the wing back. Totally not suited in the wide areas at all!

Nope!

I would play Hutcho - he impressed me loads pre-season and is sooooo much better than Paulo F!

Nope!

I would play Hutcho - he impressed me loads pre-season and is sooooo much better than Paulo F!

Hutchinson didn't impress me at all. Thought he looked nervous and lacked quite a bit of pace. Even Chalobah looked more confident than him at RB.

Cech

Paulo - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Mikel

Ramires - Mata - Hazard

Sturridge - Torres

Subs: Cole>Bertrand

Mikel>Essien

Hazard>Lampard

2-0 win would be amazing

Lampard plays LW? I didn't know this. Thought he was a CM.

Oscar should start for the Reading game, good game for him to ease into the premier league with.

Agree, although i have a feeling he will be brought off the bench in that one and given his full debut in Monaco.

Hutchinson didn't impress me at all. Thought he looked nervous and lacked quite a bit of pace. Even Chalobah looked more confident than him at RB.

Go watch the games again, he looked really bright and ready for the challenge of first team

If we don't sign anybody else he should start!