Wigan vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

Yes but as I said, it all depends on the approach. Last season, we pretty much went defensive with the 4-2-3-1 under RDM and the double pivot of Mikel and Lampard were discipline enough and it worked. Now, we try to be more offensive and expansive in our style of play and we're getting found out in that position.

Which is why it is much preferrable to have one defensive midfielder along with one deep lying playmaker in the double pivot that can keep the ball, control the game and dictate the tempo. Lampard can do that but only to a certain extent while the likes of Meireles, Essien, Ramires are all useless in that aspect.

I agree with u that typical double pivot consist of dlp and dm. On paper lampard + mikel fit that bill but on the field they don't look good. Lampard is supposed to be our dlp but his natural tendency is to go forward and this leaves us with only mikel who is very static and awful with the ball on his feet. Romeu has the potential to play in mikel position but I don't think he is part of rdm plan. A healthy essien is the perfect option but he looks slow since last year. And I just don't trust meireles

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same starting line up as against Man City. Don't think Oscar's ready yet. We should be weary about Wigan bossing the midfield as they'll be playing 5 there as opposed to our 2. We need to play a little bit deeper regarding our front line... If we do that I think we'll be fine.

Think we should play this team:

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Cole

Oscar Lampard

Ramires Mata Hazard

Torres

with mata and hazard swapping positions in like a free role! should be a fun game to watch:)

What Wigan are thinking right now:

3ohm6q.jpg

Put on a t-shirt mate!

Put on a t-shirt?, mate you're acting like he's flashing a six pack off or something, you can clearly see he's having a laugh and messing about. He seems a very good supporter of Chelsea, he's in a supporter group as well. At least show some members some respect rather than trying to bully them, especially our good supporters of this club.

Put on a t-shirt?, mate you're acting like he's flashing a six pack off or something, you can clearly see he's having a laugh and messing about. He seems a very good supporter of Chelsea, he's in a supporter group as well. At least show some members some respect rather than trying to bully them, especially our good supporters of this club.

Your attempt at a troll there was terrible.