Oscar

themightyblue

Lol, relax people.

So we lost a game, so what? yea it sucks but its not the end of the world, everyone has to lose sometimes.

There's really no need to replace our entire starting XI ...

Maybe there is a reason to replace a player that has no competition in the team (the only attacking player without any competion in the squad) that last season was on vacations for 4 months and this season plays like this. Second consecutive game he is out at minute 60 away from home because he can't do anything.

We have a useless number 10.

Maybe there is to replace a player that don't has any competition in the team (the only attacking player without any competion in the squad) that last season was on vacations for 4 months and this season plays like this. Second consecutive game he is out at minute 60 away from home because he can't do anything.

Again, for OUR system, he does his job amazingly.

I just don't understand what he does in some games. Most of all i don't understand what Mourinho has done.

Almost any time we are having difficulties, Mourinho switches Hazard or Willian to the middle, and Oscar is sent to hide on the wings.

I don't want to be harsh on Oscar because he tries, but the main player behind the striker simply has to be better than this.

Against sides that are more open and/or attacking, Oscar is one of our most important players due to his spatial intelligence and ball-winning ability. However, he is probably the attacking player I would consider benching against sides that are going to play a low, compact defence and look to counter. He's less comfortable in tight spaces than either Hazard or Willian, and he doesn't have Schurrle's nose for goal. In addition, he doesn't have the pace to recover his position when we are countered against.

Having said that, I thought it was a big mistake by Mourinho to take both Oscar AND Willian off when we had neither Matic nor Ramires on the pitch. To my mind, this team must ALWAYS have at least one of those four players on the pitch, whatever the situation.

Against sides that are more open and/or attacking, Oscar is one of our most important players due to his spatial intelligence and ball-winning ability. However, he is probably the attacking player I would consider benching against sides that are going to play a low, compact defence and look to counter. He's less comfortable in tight spaces than either Hazard or Willian, and he doesn't have Schurrle's nose for goal. In addition, he doesn't have the pace to recover his position when we are countered against.

Having said that, I thought it was a big mistake by Mourinho to take both Oscar AND Willian off when we had neither Matic nor Ramires on the pitch. To my mind, this team must ALWAYS have at least one of those four players on the pitch, whatever the situation.

This.

I just don't understand what he does in some games. Most of all i don't understand what Mourinho has done.

Almost any time we are having difficulties, Mourinho switches Hazard or Willian to the middle, and Oscar is sent to hide on the wings.

I don't want to be harsh on Oscar because he tries, but the main player behind the striker simply has to be better than this.

This is the one lightly shining light when we lose, people go and swing to far and say how bad we are, but they then go the other way when we have a good start like we did this year, suddenly we are amazingly good! This thread is the most representative of that.

When things go bad, Oscar is terrible! When they are good, don't even dare to criticise!!

We are where we are. Which is a team along with Manchester city who are a level or two above the rest. In Europe, we are good enough to beat absolutely everyone, but over a number of games we simply aren't at the level of the juggernauts of Munich and Madrid.

Saying that I think we probably will win the league still and quite comfortably too as most of the hard games are out if the way.

Oscar should be dropped from the starting eleven.

So lazy lately, his mentality is so wrong. Overrates himself, saving himself for the rest of the game or next games. (Just like the wc)

Drop him, bring Ramires and put Cesc on 10.

Oscar should be dropped from the starting eleven.

So lazy lately, his mentality is so wrong. Overrates himself, saving himself for the rest of the game or next games. (Just like the wc)

Drop him, bring Ramires and put Cesc on 10.

Do you even watch the games?

Do you even watch the games?

In the last few games he is holding back while pressing, doesn't do the hard work he normally does. Looks like he is saving himself which he shouldn't do.

Workrate is one of his strongest points, but I don't see him giving 100% which for example Willian always does.

In attack I never rated him highly, want Cesc up there for the killer pass. I don't blame him for missing that creativity as long he compensates it with workrate which he isn't providing 100% currently.