Oscar

themightyblue

I kind of envision this would happen in the world cup...

That neymar would get injured in one of the games and Oscar would have to step up as the n10..

Hopefully, he is ready to take the role that was once his.....

(last year's supercup Oscar played well against Munich).

I said it before but I think its better we move him to CM and allow Hazard to be our number 10 as he not only is more creative than Oscar, he can also do the dirty work Oscar does

LOL. did you watch the game against the united states where yedlin ran pass him almost every play and they attacked his side almost every play.

willian or ramires can do the dirty work, definitely not hazard.

LOL. did you watch the game against the united states where yedlin ran pass him almost every play and they attacked his side almost every play.

Hazard also made a tackle on Yedlin and started a counter so what are you trying to say??? My point is Hazard if his in the mood can do the defensive pressing Oscar is highly praised for as he is faster than Oscar as well as physically stronger

Hazard also made a tackle on Yedlin and started a counter so what are you trying to say??? My point is Hazard if his in the mood can do the defensive pressing Oscar is highly praised for as he is faster than Oscar as well as physically stronger

Hazard can do a decent defensive work but please don't use the word tackle when comparing both. Oscar has superb tackling stats even for pivot / centre-back standards. We would definitely be losing a lot in defense and gaining a lot in offense with that exchange, which is a fair trade, but please don't act like they both have the same defensive efficiency.

I always read the same and I think it's not possible. Eden needs the left wing because his game is based on the internal movement. Hazard lost its greatest virtue in the middle or right. His left foot is an adornment.

Oscar is a great playmaker. With the ball is quite talented. He needs to be free to shine. Observe the match against PSG. Superb. Just a super talent could sign that.

But how is a 22 yr old, who is still very much developing, ever going to improve on his offensive abilities when he's being overloaded with defensive responsibilities (at both club and national level)? If he's going to improve as a player then he needs to be on the ball all the time. He needs to be given freedom to get into dangerous positions and free to play risky passes.

Think Oscar is in real danger of stagnating.

Understand where you're coming from, but Oscar is one of those players I'm least worried about when it comes to that. Irrespective of his antics on instagram/twitter, as a player, he's as level-headed as they come and I feel he has the maturity to transition seamlessly between different roles on the pitch.

Parreira before World Cup : "Oscar told us he's not very happy with his position/role at Chelsea. He opened the topic to us. Here, we play him how he likes."

So.........

So he likes playing as a defensive midfielder, but Jose forces him to play at the 10?

Honestly, I appreciate his work rate and his tracking back and what have you, but to my mind, for someone in his position, all of that should be an add-on to creativity, incisive passing, dribbling and finishing instead of being his primary attributes. I'm looking for him to be 'silky' and 'nimble' more than 'tenacious'. I get that nobody gets a pass from the tactical side of the game under Mourinho, but he's not much good to Chelsea as the no.10 when he doesn't hurt teams going forward.

he talked to the press yesterday in the mixed zone and it was clear that he was doing what the manager asked him to do. He even looked sorry talking about it. He nearly played like a pivot player and that's what Scolari wanted from him. I do hope he benefits from Neymar's absence. When played correctly he can be much more influencing playing for Brazil. For Chelsea is another story though...

So he likes playing as a defensive midfielder, but Jose forces him to play at the 10?

he took it completely from context. I covered that interview here in the thread. Parreira was talking nonsense as usual. Oscar was unhappy - not complaining - because he hasn't been playing a lot towards the end of the season. Even Parreira himself said the kid didn't complain, just talked about.

he talked to the press yesterday in the mixed zone and it was clear that he was doing what the manager asked him to do. He even looked sorry talking about it. He nearly played like a pivot player and that's what Scolari wanted from him. I do hope he benefits from Neymar's absence. When played correctly he can be much more influencing playing for Brazil. For Chelsea is another story though...

he took it completely from context. I covered that interview here in the thread. Parreira was talking nonsense as usual. Oscar was unhappy - not complaining - because he hasn't been playing a lot towards the end of the season. Even Parreira himself said the kid didn't complain, just talked about.

Yeah it was clear what his instructions were. Hopefully now that Gustavo is back and Neymar is out, he'll shoulder more of the attacking responsibility.

Yeah, I'm sure Oscar didn't complain; it's Parreira's words that sound comical, unless Oscar actually prefers playing as a defensive midfielder.

With Neymar's injury, I think we will see Oscar having less defensive duties against Germany, and more focus on him attacking.

He now has a chance to step up and make himself Brazil's hero in Neymar's absence, and I believe in him that he can do it.

We know he has the potential as seen against Croatia, and I have faith in him (even though I'm an England supporter but I really want Brazil to win the WC now)

So he offered feck all offensively yet again and people make excuses for his ineptitude. same shit, different day.

It's kinda funny that people twist their arguments like they want. Players like Mikel are called poor offensively because they lack offensive talent but Oscar is restricted to his role because he's doing what the manager wants him to do so he can't produce offensively.