Oscar

themightyblue

Not much to disagree with.

Just don't think stats give you the whole picture: Oscar movement has not been good enough for both Chelsea and Brazil.

In the beginning of last season he was a machine! He would track all the way back, make runs just because he could, etc. He's still a good player, but not the player he can be.

Yeah agree about Scolari... Stick David Luiz in midfield next game to handle Colombia's physicality, but I'd not count on Scolari doing even that.

Brazil looks as if they are playing with 10-men because they are! :) Can't have volume of play with 10 men on the pitch... at least not at this stage and against the likes of Vidal.

10 players? That's you being generous, unless Hulk's butt count as another player (it could, I don't know how he doesn't bend backwards, and that's not a compliment), Fred doesn't ever show, he doesn't exist and Alves always plays for the opposition, that makes it 9 x 12 in my counts :P

10 players? That's you being generous, unless Hulk's butt count as another player (it could, I don't know how he doesn't bend backwards, and that's not a compliment), Fred doesn't ever show, he doesn't exist and Alves always plays for the opposition, that makes it 9 x 12 in my counts :P

10 x 12 with the ref then:P

10 x 12 with the ref then:P

well, there was that, but I think Webb showed the world yesterday that Brazil spent all the money actually making the WC happen and don't have money for bribes now. A bribed referee would have given at least a penalty and Hulk would have scored. Damn it, we don't have even the referees at this point anymore. Unless they do it for free. They might :P

well, there was that, but I think Webb showed the world yesterday that Brazil spent all the money actually making the WC happen and don't have money for bribes now. A bribed referee would have given at least a penalty and Hulk would have scored. Damn it, we don't have even the referees at this point anymore. Unless they do it for free. They might :P

Webb is awesome. He's the most intimidating ref ever lol. That was a ballsy call disallowing that Hulk goal. Lesser refs wouldn't have called that.

Lol just for the sake of preventing riots!

I will take a stab at it:

Oscar is part of the problem with his poor form. His work rate and tackling are way less than they used to be. It's like like only his creatively is gone; all aspects of his game have suffered. That's why I am confident he will improve soon.

However, the main reason that Brazil is no longer able to press high is because we play with 10 men from the first minute of every match. You can't press high up with a player who can barely move: Fred. This is also very predictable as he's been battling niggling injuries for a year now, which has been the story of his career.

To me this was the main reason Mata was sold: for his inability to press high up the pitch.

I don't think the lack of pressing is Oscar's fault. If anything this is one of the few things he still does efficiently. At times it seems he's the only one doing it. Felipão should reinforce the importance of pressuring high on the pitch. Also the striker who has the most energy and who can press better should play, none of them can score anyways, so we might as well put someone who can force passing mistakes from defenders, be it Jo, Fred, Hulk or any other, I don't care who it is. But I'm afraid we shouldn't discuss Brazil NT problems on Oscar's thread.

Even a bribed ref wouldnt give you a penalty when YOU handball in their area .... Clattenberg might tho :ph34r:

Mourinho doesn't really trust him.

indeed. he criticised him too after the end of the season, but there's no indication we're looking to sell. so you have to conclude if he's here for 2014-15 season then Mourinho believes he can unlock Oscar's potential.

indeed. he criticised him too after the end of the season, but there's no indication we're looking to sell. so you have to conclude if he's here for 2014-15 season then Mourinho believes he can unlock Oscar's potential.

Mourinho criticized Hazard too and I'm positive he isn't for sale.

Actually I think Mourinho's criticism towards Hazard has harsher than towards Oscar. But that's part of his job and most players have areas for improvement, so criticism is part of the package.

I think Mourinho is disappointed with Oscar's mentality though.

I know we are not looking to sell but for me this is a mistake. I think his price-tag will decline from now on.

Actually I think Mourinho's criticism towards Hazard has harsher than towards Oscar. But that's part of his job and most players have areas for improvement, so criticism is part of the package.

lol. You clearly don't understand the situation. Mourinho doesn't expect near as much from Oscar than he does towards Hazard......

lol. You clearly don't understand the situation. Mourinho doesn't expect near as much from Oscar than he does towards Hazard......

Actually, Jose did, which allowed Mata being sold to be an easy decision for him.

I think Jose was disappointed, but kind of understood where he was coming from.

He's had some good times where he looked very good offensively.

Most of the time though he doesn't look that good.

I never saw Oscar as a #10. he is made for a 433, but he needs to improve his passing and decision making

Who needs Pogba and Vidal when we have Oscar? B) 4-3-3 with Matic-Fabregas-Oscar or maybe even 4-2-3-1 with Matic and Oscar in the pivot and Fabregas as 10. Oscar and Fabregas can switch depending on the team we're against.