Oscar

themightyblue

Lets see after the WC :)

Have a feeling this post will come back to haunt you :P

Exactly.

If he plays brilliant there, it would mean he didn't put in the same effort for Chelsea, which itself is enough a reason to sell.

Truth is, he has failed us too many times in the crucial moments this season, I'm still not sure if he can make key passes to unlock defensive blocks. IMO he is nowhere near crucial to this team as Hazard is. In fact, Willian was better than him at no.10 many times.

Exactly.

If he plays brilliant there, it would mean he didn't put in the same effort for Chelsea, which itself is enough a reason to sell.

Truth is, he has failed us too many times in the crucial moments this season, I'm still not sure if he can make key passes to unlock defensive blocks. IMO he is nowhere near crucial to this team as Hazard is. In fact, Willian was better than him at no.10 many times.

Im still waiting for the "oscar is a key player/unsellable/special talent(insert other useless adjective here and "he has huge potential" to explain why and justify their case. I have never in my life seen such an average player who's remarkably inconsistdnt get so much undeserved accolade and huge rating. It's baffling sometimes. This is so similar to how some utd fans try to convince people that welbeck is a great player.

But why do that when we can spend 40m on an in form attacker and when he goes out of form we sell him and buy a new in form attacker flavor of the month signing

:lol: how outrageous that fun should change, hey?

People say it's not fifa or fm but then call for players heads and look to replace them with the in form player man I'm so glad transfers aren't done throughout the season with some of the opinions here we would have a whole different squad that we started with in August come May

It's because sometimes it gets forgotten that these guys are human. At 22 Oscar is still barely an adult, a normal 22 year old would've just begun to start exploring their world.. A 22 he's going through a dip in form and we should be getting behind him not calling for his head.

Mourinho has already expressed disappointment in him. So it's clear Mourinho will work with him to help overcome this rut..

Exactly.

Ok - my take on Oscar...

When Mata was here he was playing unbelievably well.

When Mata left and he had ALL of the responsibility - he suffered a dip in form... Coincidence or cause/effect?

Pressure is a strange thing - we hear about World Class all of the time - to me 'World Class' is doing it on the big stage when there is tons of pressure... Oscar hasn't managed that yet, but is 22 and will grow. He has also played tons of games in a short space of time, so we could be guilty of pushing him to burnout...

I have complained all season that what we lack as a team is not skill - but mental strength, this is hard to coach - but I expect Mourinho to be able to make a difference here - and that's what our players need.

If you want to ship him out fair enough, but Ozil suffered the same as Oscar this year - it happens... That's why squad depth is also an important factor.

I will hope to see him perform on the big stage, prove hs doubters wrong and carry that form into next season...

But yeah - I'm a sentimental old fool... ;)

Im still waiting for the "oscar is a key player/unsellable/special talent(insert other useless adjective here and "he has huge potential" to explain why and justify their case. I have never in my life seen such an average player who's remarkably inconsistdnt get so much undeserved accolade and huge rating. It's baffling sometimes. This is so similar to how some utd fans try to convince people that welbeck is a great player.

LOL! you do realize the kid is 22 years old! its perfectly normal for a player that age to go through spells of inconsistent form! every player does, Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta ect all went through spells of inconsistent form! at the end of the day Oscar is still developing, and if his season was around the other way, (if he started off bad in the 1st half and was our best player in the 2nd half of the season) then no one would be questioning Oscar.

"Oscar is unsellable", "he's key to our chances of winning the league" jesus christ. Now when i say he's one of the most overrated players in europe, people will say im being harsh.

The sooner we get rid of him for a competent playmaker, the better.

We had one (one could argue two), probably even the best in the PL, and he didn't fit "Mourinho's system".

Next season oscar will shock everyone. If we get our finisher and off the ball runner as our new striker up front, mourinho will reduce the defensive duties of the whole attack and we'll play far better in attack. I'll come back and quote this next season

Jose will work with Oscar to help to overcome this rut.. Lol.

How does one do it if the guy didn't care to play since January?

Should that kind of attitude be tolerated by the club?

Can you explain to me exactly how you know why he didn't care to play? Or are you getting drop in form confused with not caring?

Can you explain to me exactly how you know why he didn't care to play? Or are you getting drop in form confused with not caring?

I suggest to wait until he is playing for Brazil in two weeks. I hope, you will be able to see the difference.