Oscar

themightyblue

Tbf he hasn't been instrumental in any trophy we have won since his arrival in 2012(yes we only won Europa League). When we won it, Torres, Mata, Terry, Lampard, Hazard and Luiz all played key roles while Oscar didn't do much. Same with BPL, he had a few good/great performances but most of them are just general/OK performances with a few terrible ones. Toward the end of 12-13 season he faded as well, not sure why it repeated in 13-14 but I can only think of WC. If he does the same next season it will have to be his fault and confirms that he isn't up to it physically-in which case we better off selling.

But in general I would give him next season as the last chance.

That is a bit too harsh on Oscar considering he was our top goal getter in Europe in the season we won the Europa.

He was the spark that won us a lot of matches during the title run-in. Remember him coming on during the second half and knocking in half chances while Torres was struggling to find the back of the neck.

That is a bit too harsh on Oscar considering he was our top goal getter in Europe in the season we won the Europa.

He was the spark that won us a lot of matches during the title run-in. Remember him coming on during the second half and knocking in half chances while Torres was struggling to find the back of the neck.

Really? I never paid attention to that, off the back of my head the games against the likes of Basel, Benfica, Rubin...etc Oscar haven't really done much in those games. Maybe he was our top scorer in the CL but we gone out of it so it is pretty irrelevance imo. Yep I know but the thing with his 'spark' is that they don't appear often enough, he is capable of game changing performances but he doesn't deliver them often enough which is the big problem-in another word inconsistency.

Really? I never paid attention to that, off the back of my head the games against the likes of Basel, Benfica, Rubin...etc Oscar haven't really done much in those games. Maybe he was our top scorer in the CL but we gone out of it so it is pretty irrelevance imo. Yep I know but the thing with his 'spark' is that they don't appear often enough, he is capable of game changing performances but he doesn't deliver them often enough which is the big problem-in another word inconsistency.

But you kinda expect inconsistency from such a young kid coming into a new country, new club especially when he was playing out of position on the wings while Mata was being awesome playing in the hole.

Still, after 2 seasons with the club, we could expect consitent displays from him from next season onwards. I wouldn't replace him with any other 'available' player right now.

But you kinda expect inconsistency from such a young kid coming into a new country, new club especially when he was playing out of position on the wings while Mata was being awesome playing in the hole.

Still, after 2 seasons with the club, we could expect consitent displays from him from next season onwards. I wouldn't replace him with any other 'available' player right now.

Yep I know, just that he has sort of done it for 2 consecutive seasons, no major injuries or anything as well. I know like I said me and others are willing to give him next season to prove this suspicion have no foundation. However, if it happens again our suspicion would be confirmed. Saying that he isn't unsellable though, if PSG decide to go mental and offer 40-50m for him I think we should still take it. Even at his very best I doubt he will ever be worth more than that, especially with FFP restricting clubs like City and PSG to 60m now. The days of players going for Bale fee are soon to be over for good.

Yep I know, just that he has sort of done it for 2 consecutive seasons, no major injuries or anything as well. I know like I said me and others are willing to give him next season to prove this suspicion have no foundation. However, if it happens again our suspicion would be confirmed. Saying that he isn't unsellable though, if PSG decide to go mental and offer 40-50m for him I think we should still take it. Even at his very best I doubt he will ever be worth more than that, especially with FFP restricting clubs like City and PSG to 60m now. The days of players going for Bale fee are soon to be over for good.

He is a player that we absolutely need and works quite well in Jose's system.

For a club with our riches, he is unsellable.Period. We ain't no fucking Arsenal.

If he fails to improve as a player in the next season or, maybe, in the next 2 seasons, then it might be time to look for his replacement.

He is a player that we absolutely need and works quite well in Jose's system.

For a club with our riches, he is unsellable.Period. We ain't no fucking Arsenal.

If he fails to improve as a player in the next season or, maybe, in the next 2 seasons, then it might be time to look for his replacement.

We could say the same about Mata and Luiz after 2012 or even last year. Who knows maybe Jose will be sacked after next season and the new manager might not prefer him...etc nothing is certain in football. Btw actually from now on we do with FFP, the days of us spending 50-100m every summer with players not needed leaving for free/low fees are over with FFP. We have to be very clever now.

I know, the last sentence is what I have been saying all along.

We could say the same about Mata and Luiz after 2012 or even last year. Who knows maybe Jose will be sacked after next season and the new manager might not prefer him...etc nothing is certain in football. Btw actually from now on we do with FFP, the days of us spending 50-100m every summer with players not needed leaving for free/low fees are over with FFP. We have to be very clever now.

I know, the last sentence is what I have been saying all along.

Fair enough.

If he doesn't improve in the next season, then nobody is paying much for him. If PSG is willing to pay a lot, then no chance is needed to wait for one year.

Those shieks from PSG have shit for brains and Blanc isn't too clever either.

They'd still make the same bid even if Oscar fucks up next season.

I would swap Lucas Moura for Oscar if PSG are willing

Lucas Moura has no footballing intelligence whatsoever. In Brazil they have said that he hasn't progressed since moving to Paris and I'd probably agree. If we were to swap Oscar for Lucas Moura I'd cry because as bad as Oscar has been since December or January, Lucas is not better than Willian or Hazard or even Schurrle at a push.