Oscar

themightyblue

Not sure if anyone have came across this but there was a story in the Four Four Two Magazine October 2012 version stating that Sao Paulo hid Oscar from Fergie when he was only 15 y/o. United contacted them, sent Oscar invitations to train with them and offered a deal but Sao Paolo chose to hid him and told him to fly to Spain because in Brazil, a player can't sign a contract until's he's 16, which meant if Oscar had left then, the club wouldn't receive any compensation. Instead, Oscar flew to Albacete in Spain and was hidden there for about a month to hide him for big clubs and scouts that were interested in him.

I support Sao Paolo in Brazil and that is true. Or at least that's what Sao Paolo said back then. It was similar to what Santos did with Neymar. And yes, you can only sign if you're 16 but you must be emancipated (I have no clue if that's the word you use in english, to summarize, you must be able to practice civil acts by yourself as if you were 18/21 [it varies from country to country, I believe]) aswell. And that was one of the arguments Oscar used to try to void his contract with the team and sign with Internacional. He said Sao Paulo "forced" him to get emancipated. But that is another story.

Oscar still adapting

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/121011/oscar-still-adapting-life-chelsea-182877

"I did not expect it to be so fast. Of course I'm still in a period of adaptation. But Chelsea is a great club with great players. My teammates are helping me a lot in the process," said Oscar ahead of his country's internationals with Iraq and Japan.

"I've grown up a lot in recent games because they are teaching me.

"The team also helped me take the first step in English football. Hopefully everything continues well. Chelsea has given good things to me."

In other interview, Oscar also revelaed how much he and other Brazilian players in our team are looking forward to the Club World Cup.

I hope our Brazilian contingent, and Oscar in particular can convince Neymar to join. At Barca or Real he would always be in the shadow of Messi and Ronaldo, but at Chelsea he could become part of a group of some of the finest young talents on the world stage, and potentially grow to be the diamond of all of them.

Ironically if Roman really wants us to be Barca mk.II then we need our own Messi and Neymar is arguably the player with the most potential and raw talent to get anywhere near him - then i wouldn't have problems playing a false 9!

Did anybody just see Oscar on globo? :D

They were annoucing the lineups for the match vs iraq and the players appeared next to the screen as Galvao named them. Everybody else were giving cheesy thumbs up, and he appeared crossing his arms like a boss.

Slowly becoming my favorite footballer :blue scalf: