Oscar

themightyblue

Oscar, Oscar, Oscar.

I think people are really underrating how well he's done to keep both Pirlo and Arteta quiet. That is really hard to do.

The only Juventus games I've seen where Pirlo didn't totally boss the midfield were against us and vs. Fiorentina a week or-so ago.

I never expected him to be so versatile. By versatile, I don't mean like in Fifa etc. as in the amount of positions he can play; but instead the amount of roles he can adopt on the pitch from that one position.

He's also clearly very mature. He reminds me of Toni Kroos a little actually, but Oscar's the better at defending while Kroos has a better shot on him.

Coming to us was a good move. We'll make sure he's good under pressure, which'll likely mean Brazil getting the best out of him at the World Cup.

Oscar and Chelsea could potentially be a match made in heaven if things continue like they have.

agree I never expected him to be able or willing to do a defensive role , Must say Im impressed but look forward to seeing him with more attacking

opprtunities . Seems a great signing

Not fact. You reading into something. Check out the positioning of Chelsea against Arsenal. We had six players within about 10 feet of the centre-circle. It was obviously RDM's tactic to crowd the centre to force Arsenal up the wings. Arsenal played up the wings, not because Oscar was on Arteta, but because we simply had too many players there and they had more players than us on the wings. If you'll notice, when Oscar went off in the 73rd minute, Arsenal's attack didn't change at all. It wasn't any better when Mata was marking Arteta. They still came up the wings because that's where we gave them space. And why do you think that I would say he had a bad game against Juve? He didn't. He was great and he was great against Stoke as well. He was poor against Arsenal. Not all of us are pro and anti certain players no matter what. I don't watch games for confirmation bias like about 3/4 of people on here seem to.

I understand you. Oscar didn't play to his usual standards. I'm not denying it. But nobody else can provide chelsea with defensive cover and be good enough to give good passes for attack. (Lamps is too slow now)

If oscar doesn't exaust his stamina defending a faster arsenal, then he will have the extra energy to be effective as mata in attack.

All I'm saying is that his attacking productivity was sacrificed to close down arteta. Don't say the whole team marked arteta bcos mikel can't leave the back and come foward just to mark arteta so stop saying the whole team prevented arteta, even dimatteo said it, it was a man marking on their playmaker like pirlo. It was totally oscar that made sure arsenal don't pass to arteta.

This caused them to go through the wings and they couldn't hold possesion. Just look at how they played mancity at the etihad and u'll see what I'm saying. They possesed the ball in the middle and were able to create chances. But since we forced them to go to the flanks to lose possesion, we held unto the ball more, making them have fewer attacks.

Dimatteo will field the defensive line up that he used for qpr if he didn't realise oscars workrate. His more defensive role exausted him from being more attacking, that's what happened.

Come on, arteta had an average of 95 touches per game (the highest in the league) before chelsea and against us he had 65, pls Give credit where it is due.

Not fact. You reading into something. Check out the positioning of Chelsea against Arsenal. We had six players within about 10 feet of the centre-circle. It was obviously RDM's tactic to crowd the centre to force Arsenal up the wings. Arsenal played up the wings, not because Oscar was on Arteta, but because we simply had too many players there and they had more players than us on the wings. If you'll notice, when Oscar went off in the 73rd minute, Arsenal's attack didn't change at all. It wasn't any better when Mata was marking Arteta. They still came up the wings because that's where we gave them space. And why do you think that I would say he had a bad game against Juve? He didn't. He was great and he was great against Stoke as well. He was poor against Arsenal. Not all of us are pro and anti certain players no matter what. I don't watch games for confirmation bias like about 3/4 of people on here seem to.

Yes indeed. point.

I'm impressed with Oscar's defensive prowess. I'd say he's doing great for a player who's not used to play as defensively as he's been doing lately. Not for Brazil nor for any other teams or games I can remember of. I can only think RDM is improving his defensive skills and bulking him up bit by bit so Oscar can become an awesome deep-lying playmaker in the near future.

I'm impressed with Oscar's defensive prowess. I'd say he's doing great for a player who's not used to play as defensively as he's been doing lately. Not for Brazil nor for any other teams or games I can remember of. I can only think RDM is improving his defensive skills and bulking him up bit by bit so Oscar can become an awesome deep-lying playmaker in the near future.

Feel the same way. He could really become an awesome deeplying playmaker. He's got the quality's for it and he wouldn't need to change his style as he already likes to chase down the opposition aggressively and has got a tendency for dropping deep and picking up the ball.

Think Diaby coming off for Ox also contributed to that.

I really like what I'm seeing of him, sometimes he fades out of the Game but he is a class player, and I still belive he will be the replacement for the "classic" Lamps-Role with his finishing and we will see him in the double pivot too... I'm sure of this the more often I see him.

Oscar: I want to be a Chelsea legend like Lampard and Terry

"I hope to have the same path as Lampard and Terry here at Chelsea," he told the Daily Mirror. "They have a great career at the club and are very important for the squad. They are big idols."

Maintaining his own high playing standards is one way Oscar plans to fulfill his ambitions, and believes the Blues supporters view him in a new light after making a surprise goalscoring entrance against Juventus.

"They [the English] will certainly follow me more closely now," he added "When I played against Juventus, whenever I touched the ball, people looked at me in a different way. I hope I keep playing at a high level here.”

played really well in the second half,, i love his knack for hunting the ball down when an attack breaks down, something him and Hazard do very well. The last goal was exactly what we ALL want to see. quick one-two passing on the edge of the box and forcing players to make risky challenges. When we slow down play and wait for 3/4 players to help join the attack the defense gets organized and it ends up being a helpless pass to the full backs which still havent learnt to cross yet. Or even if we wait for others to join the attack,just

pass and move, pass and move, pass and move.

Should have had 3 assists and 1 goal today,only one assist because the ref didn't give advantage and because Moses/Torres didn't score their chances .

Yea he was actually the man of the match to me, bt mata got two goals so maybe the stats put it in his favor.

We're certainly the first PL club to integrate a group of brazilian players.. 'successfully'. Well, so far so good anyway.

Fair point. But mainly because of the type of player we signed. David Luiz, despite how flamboyant he is, is a defender. Ramires is a hard-working box to box midfielder and Oscar is a hard-working attacking player.

I'm sure if we signed the Robinho and Neymar's of this world we would have had trouble integrating Brazilians!