Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Only reason I'm not MORE upset that we let him go is because Liverpool are so average and won't be directly competing with us in the years to come. If he was doing this for say, Arsenal, I'd be utterly livid.

I wonder how many people who are praising Sturridge right now, did that the same way in the first half of the season. We still got 15mio for him also btw.

did we have time to praise sturridge? half a season and all i remember of him playing is the united carling cup match (in which he scored), reading match (we were down 2-1 and sturridge made an instant impact) or the WBA game in which he started as a winger and we dint have an attack all the game but in the last 20 minutes made great runs to get into one on one positions but dint convert the chances.

so all i can say is we lost a brilliant striker who in an year or so would be rated at 25-30 mil in 12 mil but kept torres who has not scored in PL since... i seriously cant remember,,,

Lets just remember. He never played this well for Chelsea. Enough said. Yeah sure Robbie didn't give him much of a chance but there was obviously a reason.

£12 million for an unproven player with 6 months on his contract is superb business imo. If we had a top striker like we did with Drogba/Nico (before Danny went to Bolton on loan) nobody would have given a shit about the fact we'd let him go but since we have misfiring Torres and Ba who doesn't even get every game which is a abysmal decision everyone seems to cry every game he scores. Remember this, Lukaku will be 5 times the player Sturridge is. Sturridge can't even get a game for England ahead of Danny Welbeck, what does that tell you?

Lets just remember. He never played this well for Chelsea. Enough said. Yeah sure Robbie didn't give him much of a chance but there was obviously a reason.

£12 million for an unproven player with 6 months on his contract is superb business imo. If we had a top striker like we did with Drogba/Nico (before Danny went to Bolton on loan) nobody would have given a shit about the fact we'd let him go but since we have misfiring Torres and Ba who doesn't even get every game which is a abysmal decision everyone seems to cry every game he scores. Remember this, Lukaku will be 5 times the player Sturridge is. Sturridge can't even get a game for England ahead of Danny Welbeck, what does that tell you?

Why is it so hard for people to admit that we've made a mistake in selling Sturridge and that he's a good player with a bright future? Jesus.

Lukaku's going to be 5 times the player Sturridge is? So Lukaku's going to be the best player in the world then?

That doesnt mean anything tbf, managers choice. Torres got in ahead of Soldado for the World Cup squad yet Soldado manged over 20 goals. That doesnt mean Soldado is a bad player. Welbeck is a good player but not that prolific but does well for England however I would prefer Sturridge. Much more goals and think he is quality.

and next year will be their year....again...

But next year is different! They have Sturridge, the next best striker in the League, t better than we will have anyway! And Coutinho, and Suarez... Definitly favourites .

I just don't get where this logic came from , if striker thrives in LIverpool he would thrive in Chelsea too :blink: .

We didn't give him enough chances. Just 55 games. But they were from the wing, he never plays for Liverpool from the wing. That's destructive position for his talent.

Bolton 12 aps 8 goals.

Leverpool 15 aps 11 goals.

Chelsea 55 aps 15 goals.

Was it only about position?

Why is it so hard for people to admit that we've made a mistake in selling Sturridge and that he's a good player with a bright future? Jesus.

Lukaku's going to be 5 times the player Sturridge is? So Lukaku's going to be the best player in the world then?

He is an alright player. I never said he wasn't. Its just we haven't really made a mistake as big as everyones made out as we've invested in a player with much more potential (Lukaku) and I have a feeling that Islam Feruz given a chance here will also be better than Studge. Yes we have also kept Torres which is bad but still, Torres won't be going anywhere any time soon, you don't buy a 50 million player to get rid of him 2 and a half - 3 years later.

And Lukaku being the best player in the world, hopefully haha ;) I have been watching Lukaku for a couple of years and I hope he goes very very very far as hes incredibly talented.

I still genuinely can't believe people are happy that we sold this guy for £12m and that we should disregard him as a player because we've got Lukaku. That is some bullshit. Sturridge has shown to everyone that when he's given a proper chance he'll deliver. We didn't give him that here and look, now he's well on his way at becoming one of the best strikers in the league.

Sturridge today scored his first career hat-trick, his first LFC hat-trick, & reached 10 goals for the club quicker than any other player at Liverpool

Make of that what you will, but Liverpool got him at a bargain price and you know it.

He is an alright player. I never said he wasn't. Its just we haven't really made a mistake as big as everyones made out as we've invested in a player with much more potential (Lukaku) and I have a feeling that Islam Feruz given a chance here will also be better than Studge. Yes we have also kept Torres which is bad but still, Torres won't be going anywhere any time soon, you don't buy a 50 million player to get rid of him 2 and a half - 3 years later.

And Lukaku being the best player in the world, hopefully haha ;) I have been watching Lukaku for a couple of years and I hope he goes very very very far as hes incredibly talented.

There is no point talking about Feruz right now. He is too young, no first team experience and would not make an impact right now. I am 100% sure of that. He has a long way to go. If we were considering giving him a chance right now I would blow my head off. He has a lot of developing to do on the pitch and off it and is only 17 and I think due to his height and not fully developing physically yet he would struggle if we were to put him in the firing line. To think Feruz has a chance of doing better than Sturridge right now IMO is absurd.

There is no point talking about Feruz right now. He is too young, no first team experience and would not make an impact right now. I am 100% sure of that. He has a long way to go. If we were considering giving him a chance right now I would blow my head off. He has a lot of developing to do on the pitch and off it and is only 17 and I think due to his height and not fully developing physically yet he would struggle if we were to put him in the firing line. To think Feruz has a chance of doing better than Sturridge right now IMO is absurd.

I never meant given a chance this year. In a couple of years he will be much better than Danny. Hes another tipped for big big things. Sure hes got to work hard as talent never gets you anywhere but if he does he will be a cracking striker.

Feruz is very small but hes very powerful btw so to say he would struggle physically is a bullshit statement. I actually reckon next season he might go on loan tbh. Hes been very good for the U21s and NextGen team this year.