AVB gone to Zenit

Tomo

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice anything about the people referred to...............no? All at Porto. No Chelsea or Spuds there old boy, "why's that?" you could ask. Cause he went power crazy, thought he was better than he actually was and let his ego get the better of any sense he once may have had.

Try asking Frank Lampard, or Anelka, or even Alex. AVB was such a control freak and nasty bit of work he took away petty things like car parking spaces at the training ground. He isolated the pair of them. Do you know why? I have been told simply because they failed to understand his "tactics" and asked him to explain in more detail.

Ego Maniac, almost certainly. All your quote shows is that he, at one stage and at Porto, behaved like a human being.

Good bye to bad rubbish. I picked him to be a fraud after about two months with us, the players had him sussed and his lack of talent or ability to adapt got him sacked (now twice). That in turn led to the single greatest moment in my long time supporting Chelsea. Am I glad he went, oh yes,!

You might have him down as a saint, I just think he's a very silly boy, who doesn't learn from his mistakes.

Maybe the reason there were no instances from his time in England were because that article was written when he had just come to Chelsea? He is a great person and I feel really sorry for him? Does an egomaniac work morning till night and show so much dedication and passion for his team?

avbmanufinalwhistle.gif

AVBNewcastle2.gif

iXJI4nxmxVfaF.gif

Oh what an egomaniac.

AVB got the job at Tottenham because he was given the benefit of the doubt that the players 'derailed' him at Chelsea.

If i were him, i would go somewhere quiet and rebuild my reputation for a while, then try and work my way back to the big time in a few years at 39/40.

AVB got the job at Tottenham because he was given the benefit of the doubt that the players 'derailed' him at Chelsea.

If i were him, i would go somewhere quiet and rebuild my reputation for a while, then try and work my way back to the big time in a few years at 39/40.

Going back to a not-so-big-time clubs is gonna be the hardest part especially after Chelsea and Spuds.

Performance at his next club, be it bigger or small will be make or break for him.

Yeah agreed. When he got the spurs job I honestly thought it was a mistake for him to take it. He got eviscerated by the English press during his time at chels. To immediately jump back in without proving himself was definitely a risk.

Let's be honest, we look pretty out of sorts even under Jose right now. Therefore to put so much of the blame of his terrible spell here is a little harsh. Of course, a lot of it was due to his naiveity in continuing to play the high line etc but there are deep structural problems at our club that have been there for a very long time. His arrogance is annoying, unlike Jose when he had first arrived in England, and that doesn't help either.

Over hated and under rated by the Chelsea faithful. He isn't a bad manager he just has been given tough jobs by his bosses. He failed in the end at Chelsea but by all means he put down some pillars and groundwork for the changes happening now. Remember the breath of fresh air he was when he joined? Look past all the bad memories and remember some of the good ones. Anelkaouda was the most hated triumvirate ever at Chelsea and AVB had a very influential hand in their demise. Roman and the board are fickle if anything. Levy isn't much better. Tottenham aren't in a good situation. They have a lot of new players, that have never experienced football in England.

On a side note the win% arguement is poorly thought out. You must appreicate the differences in squad, competitions and expectations of different managers. For instance: Martin Jol 45.27% (relegation candidates) - > Harry Redknapp 49.49% (challenging top 4) -> AVB 55% (transformation into a hopefull permanent top 4 team)

AVB had the hardest job of all three. All Redknapp could do was get the team out of relegation. That was all that was expected, maybe get to midtable. And he did that and more. However AVB has to get to the top four and maybe even win trophies (depending on how insane Levy is).

Different strokes, different people.

Over hated and under rated by the Chelsea faithful. He isn't a bad manager he just has been given tough jobs by his bosses. He failed in the end at Chelsea but by all means he put down some pillars and groundwork for the changes happening now. Remember the breath of fresh air he was when he joined? Look past all the bad memories and remember some of the good ones. Anelkaouda was the most hated triumvirate ever at Chelsea and AVB had a very influential hand in their demise. Roman and the board are fickle if anything. Levy isn't much better. Tottenham aren't in a good situation. They have a lot of new players, that have never experienced football in England.

On a side note the win% arguement is poorly thought out. You must appreicate the differences in squad, competitions and expectations of different managers. For instance: Martin Jol 45.27% (relegation candidates) - > Harry Redknapp 49.49% (challenging top 4) -> AVB 55% (transformation into a hopefull permanent top 4 team)

AVB had the hardest job of all three. All Redknapp could do was get the team out of relegation. That was all that was expected, maybe get to midtable. And he did that and more. However AVB has to get to the top four and maybe even win trophies (depending on how insane Levy is).

AvB's problem started when he agreed to work with a Technical director of football at Tottenham.

He didn't get a say in half the players Tottenham signed and one of the players he desperately wanted ended up joining Chelsea at the 11th hour

His reputation would have taken a hit but he's still young enough to polish his managerial skills and eventually return to the PL.

Shit just realized what an amazing team he had at Porto so his success wasn't really that surprised

Helton

No idea Bruno Alves No Otamendi No idea

Moutinho Guarin Fernando

Hulk Falcao James/Valera

Moutinho, Hulk, Falcao, James all eventually being sold for world class fees and soon Guarin will be playing for us, while a lot of teams were rumored to be interested in Otamendi in the summer, Bruno Alves is a regular for Portugal and also earned quite a big money move to Zenit. This team is much better than most teams in Europe at the time so winning Europa league wasn't really that hard

Maybe the reason there were no instances from his time in England were because that article was written when he had just come to Chelsea? He is a great person and I feel really sorry for him? Does an egomaniac work morning till night and show so much dedication and passion for his team?

Overrated, nasty little man, with nasty ways of dealing with people who he made issues with and his lack of man management skills then couldn't deal with. Jose wouldn't promote him, I'd be more inclined to trust Jose's judgement than yours.

To answer your question, being "a busy fool" has little, if in fact no relation to ego. I'd guess more at being out of his depth being the cause of it, or perhaps insecurity. Deep down he may know his limits, but his ego won't allow him to admit it.

Oh what an egomaniac.

You've got quite a collection of pictures of him haven't you! Have you a bit of a crush?