AVB gone to Zenit

Tomo

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair to AVB, they only really face planted in the big games and that is going to continue to happen with or without him. It doesn't matter who you are if your chairman sells Modric than Bale on you and than uses the money to buy a whole bunch of players you don't want, or that won't really do anything, you're team will regress. They didn't manage the funds from those players well and that's the real problem with the spurs. Levy should be put on the guillotine, better for us though.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1756800/andre-villas-boas-ready-zenit-st-petersburg-success?cc=4716

"I achieved success in all of my teams. I won four titles with Porto, reached Champions League quarter finals with Chelsea, and the team later won the trophy. Tottenham had a good run in the Premier League.

"There were some mistakes, but the results are clear for all to see. As for my exit from Tottenham, there were contract issues there.

Deary me...

yeah, if losing 3-1 to napoli and being sacked means qualifying for the quarters, then yes, he is right.

Well, to start with they DID play well together for benfica.

Secondly, we don't have DMs in our squad. Mikel is lower than luiz in jose's list. And both of them might not be here next season.

Lamps was average at best in the withdrawn role in the earlier part of the season and again, even he might not be here next season.

Matic definitely lacks the physicality of playing 50 matches a season which he very well might need to if he is our only DM next time around.

Witsel's passing should even be questioned. Only thing would be his speed to our style of play.

But given the definite lack of quality cms AVAILABLE at this moment, witsel would still be second in the list after kroos.

Tbf they didn't get a good run together. The first great Matic season was they year when both Garcia and Witsel left. Before 2012-13 Matic looked pretty poor.

Meh, so what? He can say whatever he wants, it wont change anything!

AVB is a failure and his total lack of man managment will always hurt him. I dont give 18 months for him to be sacked again...

• 8 months later...

“Coaching in England was a positive experience, but also many negative things happened. I was surprised and I still am by the Chelsea chairman changing his intentions. When I went there in 2011 the idea was to reformulate the team.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/17/andre-villas-boas-tottenham-daniel-levy-broke-promises

Voyeur Mk II

• 8 months later...