AVB gone to Zenit

Tomo

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had him down as an odious little ego maniac, who's lack of man-management skills and overly inflated opinion of himself went close to fracturing our team spirit completely.

No sympathy with him at all. The highest paid fraud that there's been in football for a while (Di Canio is up there though!). Jose had him spot-on, he wouldn't promote him from his position held at Chelsea and isn't being proved wrong.

Nasty little man, who can now sit around and wait for some other gullible non-footballing Chairman to be hoodwinked by him and his techno-babble talking. Don't think it be a top league for him, for a while now.

Had him down as an odious little ego maniac, who's lack of man-management skills and overly inflated opinion of himself went close to fracturing our team spirit completely.

No sympathy with him at all. The highest paid fraud that there's been in football for a while (Di Canio is up there though!). Jose had him spot-on, he wouldn't promote him from his position held at Chelsea and isn't being proved wrong.

Nasty little man, who can now sit around and wait for some other gullible non-footballing Chairman to be hoodwinked by him and his techno-babble talking. Don't think it be a top league for him, for a while now.

Ego maniac? Mate r u sure? According to his players, he is one of the most humble and kind person around.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4044360/Chelsea-news-Its-official-Andre-Villas-Boas-is-kind-caring-and-compassionate.html

This article can't been seen now cos of the whole Plus thing

http://www.goallegacy.net/t15025-villas-boas-kind-caring-and-compassionate

Since the article can't be read there, Read it here: http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=527210

Despite many rumours in the press about how AVB is a cold, calculated individual, and indeed he's been portrayed this way after axing Alex and Anelka, a heart warming story has appeared this morning that shows the true side of our head man.

Credit must go to the newspaper who published this - one which has many times been first to call for his head and print what could be fabricated rumours. Still, as I say, credit where it's due.

Here's a nice story that shows the true side of AVB. It is in a new book called 'The Phenomenon Villas-Boas', and is an account of true, glowing testimonials from players who have worked under AVB.

None of these testimonials are more emotional than the sad account of Miguel Pedro, a midfielder who played for Villas-Boas at Academica in Portugal.

Tragically, Pedro's wife lost twins during a pregnancy while Villas-Boas was in charge. And Pedro says that Villas Boas could not have done more to help him and his family during that traumatic time.

Pedro said: 'As soon as he heard what was happening, he came to me in the early hours of the morning.

'I was alone and he offered to stay the night. He also moved mountains so that my wife could have the best assistance.

'He spoke to the doctors, got the head nurse to deal with it, he mobilised the whole hospital.

'He also spoke to doctors he knew and trusted and gave me feedback, every detail.

'He tried everything to save my children.

'I never thought someone who had only known me a few weeks could do so much for me.

'I never thought anyone could do that for me.

'He did everything that was within his reach but he couldn't achieve the impossible.'

Unfortunately, Pedro's twins lost their lives, but Villas-Boas remained a true tower of strength for Miguel and his wife.

Pedro added: 'He felt everything with me, suffered with me.

'At the funeral, he said 'You're strong and will be able to win through' — I'll never forget that.

'He gave me nearly a month off to recover with the family and he rang me every day.

'He even arranged a clinic for my wife to recuperate and to have treatment so she could have children again — and all without cost to us.

'So I'm extremely grateful to him and for everything he's taught me in football. But, above all, for what he did for me and my family.'

Months later, Pedro's wife became pregnant again — expecting a daughter.

He said: 'When I rang him to tell him, we cried on the phone. It was a very strong moment between us.

'We have kept very strong links ever since.'

Furthermore, when asked, Villas-Boas agreed to become godfather of the baby girl.

Pedro added: 'We still talk and exchange messages and I can only wish him the best.

'What is happening to him now is just the result of his goodness, his way of being, of wanting to help everyone, of promoting good.

'That's the way he is, spontaneous and natural. What he does, he does with his heart.'

Whilst Pedro's story is by far the most dramatic and moving, there are lots of other former players who also pay tributes to their ex-manager.

Former Academica midfielder Jonathan Bru, 26, says: 'For me he was above all a leader, but also a friend.

'He often paid for our meals and I remember he even gave up part of his bonuses so us players could be better rewarded.

'He's someone who recognises and knows how to reward those who work. He's also very intelligent and adapts quickly.

'His door is always open.

'He's young but he has already experienced things that maybe coaches with 15 years of a career behind them have never experienced and will never experience.'

Former Academica striker Sougou also recalls how Villas-Boas bought him tickets to watch his favourite side Marseille.

Sougou said: 'He told me 'I hear you are a big fan of Marseille'.

'I told him I was and he got seats for me and my wife for their game at Benfica.

'He gave us the will, confidence and self-belief and we wanted to win every game.

'We knew we would be better and stronger with him.'

These aren't just a collection of short testimonials, it turns out that AVB was the same at Porto too.

An example of this is when striker Hulk's niece died in a domestic accident, Villas-Boas immediately gave him compassionate leave to go back to Brazil — even though the tragedy happened literally hours before Hulk was due to play in a game against Genk in August last year.

Porto went on to win and Villas-Boas dedicated the team's win to his star frontman.

A caring Villas-Boas said: 'It was good for him to have some moments of joy after the enormous sadness.

'His mourning will take time to pass and we respect that a lot.'

With all the flack we've taken in the press, and a lot of made up stories about how hard the man is, it sounds like the Chelsea manager himself deserves a bit of respect too.

Ego Maniac? I don't think so...

Highest win % of any Spurs manager, just sold their best player and have changed 80% of their team. Levy proving again that he knows nothing about football and should just stick to the financial aspects of the game.

He should've at minimum had until the end of the season

Highest win % of any Spurs manager, just sold their best player and have changed 80% of their team. Levy proving again that he knows nothing about football and should just stick to the financial aspects of the game.

Spot on in my opinion.

Levy sold AVB's best player, and bought a lot of new ones - then gave him three months or whatever it is? That's like some sort of super challenge isn't it? The best managers in the world would even struggle with this scenario.

Yeah he got a few thrashings - but by two sides with immense goal threat. Suarez could destroy any defence in current form. Ultimately the lack of patience shown to managers is highlighted. It really is stupid.

you cant get away with losing 6-0 , 5-0 and 3-0 and home to west ham when you have spent 110m.

i reckon he will quit management and compete in the dakar rally which he says he will do and would have to quit football within 5-10 years to do

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/andre-villas-boas-quit-coaching-5-10-years-190832828.html