AVB gone to Zenit

Tomo

Shit just realized what an amazing team he had at Porto so his success wasn't really that surprised

Helton

No idea Bruno Alves No Otamendi No idea

Moutinho Guarin Fernando

Hulk Falcao James/Valera

Moutinho, Hulk, Falcao, James all eventually being sold for world class fees and soon Guarin will be playing for us, while a lot of teams were rumored to be interested in Otamendi in the summer, Bruno Alves is a regular for Portugal and also earned quite a big money move to Zenit. This team is much better than most teams in Europe at the time so winning Europa league wasn't really that hard

He had a very good team. Hulk in the wing, moutinho as the creative CM that we never had, Guarin as their box to box who we want to buy now, and Falcao of all people in their strike. 4 players who will walk into our team against a benfica side who lost david luiz and lost ramires earlier. Falcao was a big game changer so the Europa league was a walk in the park with falcao to score every single chance people like eto miss.

He had players who helped him and i dont think he has had that strong a team again in England.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

He got harsh treatment here, but I think it was down to his attitude. He isn't a good enough manager to me though. Below Tim sherwood level

He is too stubborn in sticking to how he wants to play, even when it's not working(!) and still got a lot to improve on with his human/player management skills.

Why would we want to sign Witsel?

He is expensive and doesnt complement Matic...

Well, to start with they DID play well together for benfica.

Secondly, we don't have DMs in our squad. Mikel is lower than luiz in jose's list. And both of them might not be here next season.

Lamps was average at best in the withdrawn role in the earlier part of the season and again, even he might not be here next season.

Matic definitely lacks the physicality of playing 50 matches a season which he very well might need to if he is our only DM next time around.

Witsel's passing should even be questioned. Only thing would be his speed to our style of play.

But given the definite lack of quality cms AVAILABLE at this moment, witsel would still be second in the list after kroos.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1756800/andre-villas-boas-ready-zenit-st-petersburg-success?cc=4716

"I achieved success in all of my teams. I won four titles with Porto, reached Champions League quarter finals with Chelsea, and the team later won the trophy. Tottenham had a good run in the Premier League.

"There were some mistakes, but the results are clear for all to see. As for my exit from Tottenham, there were contract issues there.

Deary me...