AVB gone to Zenit

Tomo

I wouldn't laugh at him, we should feel sorry for him. Yes he is a bit of an idiot at times but in general he is a good manager, his ideas are could actually work really well at a club like Bayern/Barca/Madrid where all they have to do is attack and attack.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't laugh at him, we should feel sorry for him. Yes he is a bit of an idiot at times but in general he is a good manager, his ideas are could actually work really well at a club like Bayern/Barca/Madrid where all they have to do is attack and attack.

Well, I & you somehow have differences. So here is one. AVB cannot coach top teams. His approach to people is not what it should be. Even today, players were confused by his explanations, I read. He has not ready for the likes of Ronaldo, JT, Lampard..etc,

Highest win % of any Spurs manager, just sold their best player and have changed 80% of their team. Levy proving again that he knows nothing about football and should just stick to the financial aspects of the game.

He should've at minimum had until the end of the season

Except that highest winning percentage is based entirely on the fact that Spurs are a much better and higher spending club than they've been. Redknapp was fired for finishing 4th the year before AVB was hired. AVB finished 5th and currently 7th so he actually performed worse than Redknapp. He was sacked not only because of the humiliating defeats but also because they have been brutal almost all year. This is a team that has scored 15 goals in 16 games which is playing like Stoke except they're also poor on set pieces. They have the 6th worst goal differential in the Premier League. They are an absolutely clueless team and were lost under AVB. They had three humiliating defeats in 16 games. The AVB as a quality manager is baffling. It's based entirely on one excellent season with Porto who had an excellent season before AVB got there and an excellent season after. He had two excellent job opportunities in England with teams that spent money and could compete for trophies (or at least CL spot for Spurs). These are the types of opportunities most managers never get. AVB is not unlucky. He's extremely lucky. Most managers don't get jobs at teams they can succeed at. The vast majority of managers manage teams they will never win anything at. AVB has had two excellent chances and failed miserably and was deservedly fired from both jobs. It's amazing to me how many Chelsea fans still support this guy. He was a disaster for Chelsea and really only got the Spurs job because of this absurd "young genius" aura he has cultivated (and apparently people still buy into). .

Okay Listen! A manager that lets his team lose 3-0 at home to West Ham, 6-0 to City and 5-0 at home to Liverpool is pathetic and CANNOT be named as a good manager. Villas Boas is an amateur and he has no clue how to keep consistences. Therefore, he is a bad manager. He doesn't have the capabilities to control the dressing room.

Would a bad manager win the treble?

Well, I & you somehow have differences. So here is one. AVB cannot coach top teams. His approach to people is not what it should be. Even today, players were confused by his explanations, I read. He has not ready for the likes of Ronaldo, JT, Lampard..etc,

Yeh that is one bad side of him imo, he got no where near as much authority as the likes of Jose, Ancelotti, Pep, Sir Alex. So when the players like Adebayor and Ekoto got cast out they come to Twitter to post shits like they did yesterday(if you haven't seen it check it out)

Yeh that is one bad side of him imo, he got no where near as much authority as the likes of Jose, Ancelotti, Pep, Sir Alex. So when the players like Adebayor and Ekoto got cast out they come to Twitter to post shits like they did yesterday(if you haven't seen it check it out)

Personally, I do not feel sorry for him. If I remember correctly, his arrogant behavior was seen at Chelsea too.

Where else can he make, become a millionaire in less than 3 years ? I know, in UK.

Except that highest winning percentage is based entirely on the fact that Spurs are a much better and higher spending club than they've been.

That's actually a fair point. But you also have to take into account that they've had a net spend of only £5m since he's been in charge. It's not like he's spent millions without losing players.

Redknapp was fired for finishing 4th the year before AVB was hired. AVB finished 5th and currently 7th so he actually performed worse than Redknapp.

He wasn't fired for just missing out on the CL. He was also fired because he kept flirting with the idea of wanting to manage England, only for it to backfire with Hodgson's appointment. AVB actually got more points than Redknapp did when his side finished 4th. Not a case of 'performing worse', just everyone getting better (I believe it was record points for Spurs in a PL season to).

This is a team that has scored 15 goals in 16 games which is playing like Stoke except they're also poor on set pieces. They have the 6th worst goal differential in the Premier League. They are an absolutely clueless team and were lost under AVB. They had three humiliating defeats in 16 games.

I agree that when I've seen them the football hasn't been great. But when you change a team around completely surely you just need time to implement your ideas and get them playing the way you want? Newcastle bought a whole raft of players last January and the same thing happened to them. Poor football, lingering above the relegation zone, and suffering humiliating defeats (0-6 to Liverpool, 0-3 to Sunderland). The football isn't fantastic now but they're certainly 100x better than they were towards the end of last season.

The AVB as a quality manager is baffling. It's based entirely on one excellent season with Porto who had an excellent season before AVB got there and an excellent season after. He had two excellent job opportunities in England with teams that spent money and could compete for trophies (or at least CL spot for Spurs).

I'd like to know where I've said that AVB is a quality manager, because I haven't. All I'm saying is that he atleast deserved time to try and turn it around until the end of the season.

It's amazing to me how many Chelsea fans still support this guy. He was a disaster for Chelsea and really only got the Spurs job because of this absurd "young genius" aura he has cultivated (and apparently people still buy into). .

How have you come to the conclusion that I'm 'still supporting this guy'? I felt that he deserved more time to turn it around. Had he kept Bale and not signed anyone (still performing how they are at moment), it would be 100% justified for me. Considering the circumstances, and the chairman entrusting him (and Baldini?) with a massive amount of money, I expected him to get more time. Had it been any other manager I would've thought the same, so please stop the patronising comments about buying into the hype surrounding him.

Ego maniac? Mate r u sure?.

Notice anything about the people referred to...............no? All at Porto. No Chelsea or Spuds there old boy, "why's that?" you could ask. Cause he went power crazy, thought he was better than he actually was and let his ego get the better of any sense he once may have had.

Ego Maniac? I don't think so...

Try asking Frank Lampard, or Anelka, or even Alex. AVB was such a control freak and nasty bit of work he took away petty things like car parking spaces at the training ground. He isolated the pair of them. Do you know why? I have been told simply because they failed to understand his "tactics" and asked him to explain in more detail.

Ego Maniac, almost certainly. All your quote shows is that he, at one stage and at Porto, behaved like a human being.

Good bye to bad rubbish. I picked him to be a fraud after about two months with us, the players had him sussed and his lack of talent or ability to adapt got him sacked (now twice). That in turn led to the single greatest moment in my long time supporting Chelsea. Am I glad he went, oh yes,!

You might have him down as a saint, I just think he's a very silly boy, who doesn't learn from his mistakes.

I do feel sorry for AVB.

Wasn't his biggest fan but this is farcical.

Levy and his Director of Football should go - never understood that approach, they trust a manager to play the team, do the training etc - but they cannot buy players? WTF?

Rumours where Levy pissed at AVB NOT PLAYING Lamela and Adebayour (sound familiar?) Lamela has looked poor and would benefit from a loan spell. They paid more than we paid for Hazard/Oscar - wow!

We thought we had too many midfielders but Spurs are a joke :)

Those people saying sign Capoue - he looked garbage yesterday? Yes I know he was in defence, but his passing was shocking! Not the answer!! And Paulinho? Fuck me he makes Mikel look like Ronaldo (not slating Mikel!)

Oh well the risk is they get a manager bounce - but more likely and deservedly they slip down the table - it's not nice to wish bad luck on a team, but I hope Spurs lose out big time and get rid of cancers like Levy/Baldini... Let Managers be Managers if they are going to be judged so quickly!!!

He's a promising young manager but his results this season were just horrific.

He's 8 points off the top after changing three quarters of his team and losing his best player in the summer. I think the main reason was not the results themselves but by how much he lost the city and liverpool matches.

Those people saying sign Capoue - he looked garbage yesterday? Yes I know he was in defence, but his passing was shocking! Not the answer!! And Paulinho? Fuck me he makes Mikel look like Ronaldo (not slating Mikel!)

He's looked garbage all season. You should have seen his performance vs Arsenal. One of the worst individual performances I've seen this season.