Luke Shaw

Joker10

-----------Courtois-----------

Ivan---Cahill---Terry---Shaw

Can see this being our back 5 next term with Azpi providing the rotation option at full back (both sides) and Zouma being gradually bled in (can see us selling Luiz and sending Kalas on loan). Can also see us changing Cech for Courtois, Mou has already shown with Ash and Essien that he doesn't do sentiment's.

Would like the look off that defence if im honest, would offer a good balance and we will probably have Kane, Omerou and Kalas on loan incase of injury crisis.

Would prefer Azpi starting over Ivan in most games where teams sit back because Azpi is just as good, if not even better defensively as Ivanovic (apart from his aerial game).

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would prefer Azpi starting over Ivan in most games where teams sit back because Azpi is just as good, if not even better defensively as Ivanovic (apart from his aerial game).

Azpi will get more than enough games covering both positions, it good to have a player who can cover both FB positions effectively gives us an extra squad place.

So is he gonna sign a 14 yr contract? That is a really foolish way to look at an investment.

If he stays for 14 years - the NET effect is £1.7million

How is that foolish?

People were using the argument that he was 'over priced' - I'm putting it into context... If we buy him now and keep him until he retires - it's not THAT much...

Ala Lampard and Cole....

I think this is exactly the type of player and deal we would be looking at... Sure we might have to restrict to a 5 year deal and amortise over that period - in which case could be 4 or 5 million year. But this guy at LB and Azpi at RB makes a lot of sense!

• 2 weeks later...

Considering Jose's love affair with Ivanovic + Azpilicueta pretty much nailed on at left back for the next 5/6 years, signing Shaw would be pretty superfluous.

Shame really, in regards to the english core we'll be losing, right player/wrong time.

Considering Jose's love affair with Ivanovic + Azpilicueta pretty much nailed on at left back for the next 5/6 years, signing Shaw would be pretty superfluous.

Shame really, in regards to the english core we'll be losing, right player/wrong time.

Ivan could always move to CB but then yh Cahill is on great form too. I guess we just got to give him a miss. Shame like you said.

The problem is the lack of depth. Shaw, Azpi and Ivanovic could be interchanged depending on who we're playing, plus Ivanovic isn't getting any younger. What might be a wrinkle is Nathan Ake. Been playing a lot at left-back in recent months and he's looked good, but he could simply become a John O'Shea-type utility player who can fill in rather than being a centre-back exclusively.

But it's a pertinent point about Azpi - he's probably the form left-back in the league and sometimes you don't want to mess with a good thing.

-----------Courtois-----------

Ivan---Cahill---Terry---Shaw

Can see this being our back 5 next term with Azpi providing the rotation option at full back (both sides) and Zouma being gradually bled in (can see us selling Luiz and sending Kalas on loan). Can also see us changing Cech for Courtois, Mou has already shown with Ash and Essien that he doesn't do sentiment's.

Would like the look off that defence if im honest, would offer a good balance and we will probably have Kane, Omerou and Kalas on loan incase of injury crisis.

Azpi at RB and Shaw at LB imo. Ivanovic covering at CB and RB. As Skipper mentioned, Ivan is aerially stronger than Azpi but otherwise Azpi is better

edit - think Hazard/Shaw and RW/Azpi will be a real menace going forward

Azpi at RB and Shaw at LB imo. Ivanovic covering at CB and RB. As Skipper mentioned, Ivan is aerially stronger than Azpi but otherwise Azpi is better

edit - think Hazard/Shaw and RW/Azpi will be a real menace going forward

This.

We'll have one of the most athletic and explosive sides in the world, if not THE most. Not to mention perfectly balanced. Having Shaw providing overlapping runs for Hazard would be special and Shaw working with José will make him great defensively as well so Hazard can express himself even more. Then on the other side we'd have the rock solid Azpi as first choice RB where he belongs. Teams would struggle mightily against that side of our team too with the energy, pace, and athleticism of Willian/Salah/Schürrle in front of Azpi.

We can use Ivonovic in rotation along the back 4 or if José feels we need a bigger physical presence.

This team will have some scary good potential with just 3 signings. LB, CM, ST.

Legendary status or not Ivanovic just doesn't do it for me as a rightback to always rely on, he is going to win is us balls but he does get in the way of our faster more technical attackers. There are certain things he does well but he doesn't do the things I feel are important well at all, I'm not the manager of this team however.

Have people considered that Mourinho might want to continue with Azpi in the leftback position?

I just get the feeling that we don't have a strong interest in Shaw. Really hope I'm wrong. We need more English players in the team and those with elite talent don't come around that often.

Have people considered that Mourinho might want to continue with Azpi in the leftback position?

I just get the feeling that we don't have a strong interest in Shaw. Really hope I'm wrong. We need more English players in the team and those with elite talent don't come around that often.

I agree. I reckon Azpi has done enough to convince him he deserves the LB slot. I reckon we still have strong interest in Shaw but he won't be an automatic first team starter possibly if we buy him. Ivanovic has his flaws and some don't want him as the RB but I feel Mourinho wants Ivanovic as his no.1 RB next season as well. If Shaw comes I think he will have to bide his time or we possibly loan him back because even though Azpi is not a natural LB he has performed exceptionally there and defence has not been a weak point for us recently so next season I still believe with everyone fit and new signings our preferred four will be Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry and Azpi.

Getting Shaw makes more sense than leaving Azpilicueta at LB. Whilst he has been unbelievable for us in that position he needs to be on the right with Shaw coming into the LB slot. The balance on both sides becomes both immensely strong and also the attacking threat would be something quite special. Shaw linking with Hazard and Azpilicueta with Willian or Schurrle etc.

We will definitely buy a LB in the summer. If its Shaw or not i dont know but im certain we will get a LB.

Ashley cole 100% leaving, Bertrand was loaned out for a reason.

Im very sure we will get a LB in this summer.

I agree. I reckon Azpi has done enough to convince him he deserves the LB slot. I reckon we still have strong interest in Shaw but he won't be an automatic first team starter possibly if we buy him. Ivanovic has his flaws and some don't want him as the RB but I feel Mourinho wants Ivanovic as his no.1 RB next season as well. If Shaw comes I think he will have to bide his time or we possibly loan him back because even though Azpi is not a natural LB he has performed exceptionally there and defence has not been a weak point for us recently so next season I still believe with everyone fit and new signings our preferred four will be Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry and Azpi.

Exactly. My sense is that Mourinho will continue playing Iva in the right back position. Ivanovic hasn't been dropped once this season - except for the league cup games and then there was that period he was injured but he's mourinho first choice in that position. With the rumors that he'll likely be awarded a long term contract extension I just don't see mourinho dropping him next season for Azpi.

It's very likely that mourinho will continue playing Iva in RB and Azpi in LB.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You