Luke Shaw

Joker10

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst Ivanovic and Azpi might be first-choice next season, there is the question of depth. We have five players for the three attacking positions so why not three players for the two full-back positions?

Question is, would Shaw be happy to be second choice and only play once in a blue moon? He is 19 and would want to play every week to develop himself further.

Question is, would Shaw be happy to be second choice and only play once in a blue moon? He is 19 and would want to play every week to develop himself further.

I wouldn't have thought he would play once in a blue moon. In fact I think he'd probably play roughly the same number of matches that he's going to end up playing this season with the added European matches and the likelihood we'd advance further in the cup competitions.

He's an elite English talent at the end of the day and there's very few of them around and available. If we're not going to play him because Jose wants to play a 30 year old then that's his prerogative.

TBH the best way forward would be Shaw at LB and Azpi at RB with Brana as back-up for both fullback and CB position.The team would be much more dynamic with Shaw and Azpi as fullbacks.Think about the pace we can have next season Salah,Schurrle,Willian,Shaw,Lukaku etc

TBH the best way forward would be Shaw at LB and Azpi at RB with Brana as back-up for both fullback and CB position.The team would be much more dynamic with Shaw and Azpi as fullbacks.Think about the pace we can have next season Salah,Schurrle,Willian,Shaw,Lukaku etc

The best way going forward is not the Jose way.

I wouldn't have thought he would play once in a blue moon. In fact I think he'd probably play roughly the same number of matches that he's going to end up playing this season with the added European matches and the likelihood we'd advance further in the cup competitions.

He's an elite English talent at the end of the day and there's very few of them around and available. If we're not going to play him because Jose wants to play a 30 year old then that's his prerogative.

Easy to say that and all but I doubt Mourinho would want to be chopping and changing the back 4 (assuming if Azpi continues at LB of course) unless something desperate happens. Otherwise, he would want to have that consistency and stability at the back throughout the season, like what he has mentioned before this season.

Easy to say that and all but I doubt Mourinho would want to be chopping and changing the back 4 (assuming if Azpi continues at LB of course) unless something desperate happens. Otherwise, he would want to have that consistency and stability at the back throughout the season, like what he has mentioned before this season.

He was happy to chop and change between Coentrao and Marcelo, Lopez and Casillas and even Arbeloa and Essien to a certain extent at Madrid.

We're talking about an 18 year old who is most definitely one for the future, and I would hope that Mourinho is actually looking to the future because left-back is an area we struggle at in the youth ranks still.

He was happy to chop and change between Coentrao and Marcelo, Lopez and Casillas and even Arbeloa and Essien to a certain extent at Madrid.

We're talking about an 18 year old who is most definitely one for the future, and I would hope that Mourinho is actually looking to the future because left-back is an area we struggle at in the youth ranks still.

Ummm, Marcelo was always his number 1. coentrao was an utility player for madrid and only played if marcelo was injured (which was alot).

Lopez beat Iker over.

Age is irrelevant when it comes to english players.. How is Micah Richards these days?

Even with French players. sakho was the captain of PSG at a young age and now he is irrelevant.

I highly doubt chelsea will spend 30m on Luke Shaw.

One could argue that he can get away with it when his Madrid was like basically scoring 2-3 goals every game and not even bother with 1-2 goals conceded. Different case with us. Moreover, changing Coentrao and Marcelo is slightly different since the latter is better offensively and worked better with Ronaldo ahead of him. For the GKs, he eventually settled on Lopez after all the drama at Madrid. Otherwise, he pretty much played with Casillas as his first choice in almost every game before that. Similar case with Essien over Arbeloa. 'Political' intentions in it.

Would love to as well. Want to see Shaw at LB and Azpi at RB but there is a strong case for Mourinho to retain the current back 4 as the main back 4 for next season..

Age is irrelevant when it comes to english players.. How is Micah Richards doing?

I highly doubt chelsea will spend 30m on Luke Shaw.

How is age irrelevant when we're talking about a long-term investment in a player whose value is based in no small part on his potential??

Micah Richards has been unlucky with a number of injuries.

How is age irrelevant when we're talking about a long-term investment in a player whose value is based in no small part on his potential??

Micah Richards has been unlucky with a number of injuries.

This growth you speak of only happens in Fifa.

Go ask Paul Scholes on Jack wilshere growth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLGUrLXAjA0

This growth you speak of only happens in Fifa.

Go ask Paul Scholes on Jack wilshere growth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLGUrLXAjA0

That is perhaps the most ridiculous point I've ever heard. So player's only become better players in FIFA? Is that what you're saying?

Scholes point (if you actually bothered to listen to it) is that he hasn't grown as YOU WOULD EXPECT A PLAYER TO GROW. In fact watch the video and you'll see Scholes and Neville, two players who most definitely improved as players from the age of 18 (in fact I think both also changed positions around that age, Scholes possibly a few years later).

That is perhaps the most ridiculous point I've ever heard. So player's only become better players in FIFA? Is that what you're saying?

Scholes point (if you actually bothered to listen to it) is that he hasn't grown as YOU WOULD EXPECT A PLAYER TO GROW. In fact watch the video and you'll see Scholes and Neville, two players who most definitely improved as players from the age of 18 (in fact I think both also changed positions around that age, Scholes possibly a few years later).

Players improve. However, you make it seem that because Luke Shaw is relevant at this tender age, his growth will be far more significant than others, which I completely disagree.

You have high expectations for Shaw as do the rest of England.

in France, everyone expected Sakho to be the next thuram....

Also, Shaw is a left back. 30 m for a left back is like 100 m for bale. Oxalde Chamberlin is a versatile/better player than Shaw and still wouldn't command a 30m fee.

Don't think any of the papers have a clue about his price tag tbh. Last January it was 10m, in the summer 15-20m, this January 22-25m, now 30m. Looks like they're making it up as they go along. Increasing by 5mil every now and then

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You