Luke Shaw

Joker10

Azpilicueta and attacking full-back in the same sentence does not sound right.

There's a rule in football - when a full-back goes to support the attacking players, the other one stays at the back. I think Azpilicueta will always be the one that stays at the back. At least as long as Mourinho is at Chelsea.

LB or RB, Azpilicueta will always be the defensive minded full-back at Chelsea.

Kinda disagree with that. I take your point about when one fullback goes forward, the other stays back to maintain a defensive solidity but I don't see why Azpi has to be a defensive minded fullback here. He and the other fullback can take turns to get forward like how we are doing now with him and Ivanovic and besides, fullbacks under Mourinho have mostly more defensive responsibilities than attacking one.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Azpilicueta and attacking full-back in the same sentence does not sound right.

There's a rule in football - when a full-back goes to support the attacking players, the other one stays at the back. I think Azpilicueta will always be the one that stays at the back. At least as long as Mourinho is at Chelsea.

LB or RB, Azpilicueta will always be the defensive minded full-back at Chelsea.

But I support your opinion. For Hazard to fulfill his potential, he needs a proper full-back to help him. And Jose should search the market for a LB in the summer. And he will, I'm sure. Right now, Hazard helps Azpilicueta at the back, but he is getting nothing in return. I'm not having a go at Azpilicueta, don't get me wrong, far from me that thought. I simply love the guy, Jose is so privileged to have such a player at his dispossal, but at the same time I think we are only seeing half of the beast Hazard really is.

I didn't mean that Azpi is an attacking full-back, just that Shaw is.

I wouldn't give up on Azpi's defense.. so we can do with one good attacking full-back.

I don't know why Mourinho doesn't slot Ivanovic at left back...he can be the defensive rock he is and act as the third centre back while Azpi acts as the proper full-back on the right.

He's played there before in the last 10 minutes of games sometimes but he always looks very awkward having to use his left foot more often. When he did get forward his left foot crossing was terrible so he often tried to cut back onto his right foot which slowed the attack

+Top prospect

+Chelsea fan

+English

-expensive as hell (worth about 20mio max, they want 30l

-unproven at top level (CL, big derbies)

-inexperienced (playing for Soton, childhood club is one, playing for Chelsea where defending is pivotal is sth else)

If we get him for 20m, be it, but I wouldnt ever pay 30mio for him. He hasnt done anything to be worth that price, just potential. For 30mio, you expect world class full back ala Alves or Lahm. Silva (arguably best CB in world) cost 40mio). No way is Shaw who is just 19 and isnt even the most outstanding player in Soton (Lalana is), neither is he best LB in league worth 30mio. If Shaw reaches potential, he will be worth 30mio. Now he is good talent, worth 15-20mio max. Gotze was 35, Hazard was 35. Shaw for 30mio? No. I like him because he is apparently huge Chelsea fan, and if he is one, he will wait with move until we sign him. Soton doesnt need to sell (and they wont if Shaw wont agree), meaning if United comes with 30mio offer, Shaw should refuse it if he is realy our fan.

There are plenty LBs who (apart from not being english) would suit us under Mou more than Shaw. Alex Sandro, Rodriguez, maybe even more experienced fullbacks...

We need to invest in top top striker, top top CM, and then if money, spend it on Shaw or whoever.

30 million far too much, i'm a big fan (even have him as my avi), but fuck spending that much for him. Ridiculous amount for a left back. I will be disappointed though, seeing as Lampard, Cole and Terry will be retiring soon we'll be left with very few English players...

Why do people choose to believe rumored transfer fees when their irrational, but hesitate when they truly represent the value of a player?

Luke Shaw will be in Chelsea blue, no doubt. And there's no way we're or anybody is paying 30mil pounds for him.

Cheaper and probably worse, yes. Maybe Ricardo Rodriquez (plays for Wolfsburg if I remember correctly?)

Shaw is not that good come one now. He's certainly not worth £30m in my estimation. That's what you pay for world class fullbacks and not some teenage prospect. (he has PL experience, I know but he's still a prospect)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You