Eden Hazard

the wes

What was Eden like last year? What was Mata like? With more responsibility you get drop off. Hazard, when he's at his best doesn't have to do the dirty work. Furthermore, what you were initially asking for is for another player to take the pressure off of him, I agree, but that player SHOULD be our striker.

Hazard has more responsibility now than before but that still hasn't stopped him from having impact and making difference in games. The likes of Oscar, Willian etc are not having too dissimilar role either in the team and they still have not produced it, at least consistently. I agree that our strikers should be contributing (but they are crap anyway) but our system is not confined to everything on the ST only. The AMs still gotta produce it. The burden/responsibility is shared amongst the 4.

Hazard has more responsibility now than before but that still hasn't stopped him from having impact and making difference in games. The likes of Oscar, Willian etc are not having too dissimilar role either in the team and they still have not produced it, at least consistently. I agree that our strikers should be contributing (but they are crap anyway) but our system is not confined to everything on the ST only. The AMs still gotta produce it. The burden/responsibility is shared amongst the 4.

Okay, Eden Hazard is a special player. Still don't see why you think that because Eden is Eden why the others aren't good enough.

You started the post well, but then you missed the point again that others involved in the discussion keep trying to show you.

Not even Hazard replaces Hazard. Yes, he's been our best player this season, but he's had a lot of quiet matches too, including some of which recently, and that Hazard doesn't come close to the best version we had in many matches. There's no other Hazard in the team and chances are there won't be any time soon. It's like expecting to have two Messis or two Ronaldos in a squad. It's unlikely, even if Hazard is not there yet in terms of fulfilling his potential. Still he's a rare talent, one a club is lucky to have, not the kind of player any club can afford to collect in their squad.

Hazard can't be replaced by Oscar, William or by 99% of players right now. He's one of the very best, evolving into becoming a Ballon d'Or material. Expecting others to develop as farther as him is not only unfair to them - as they're not naturally talented as he is - but also delusional, as his talent can't be easily found.

In a team with Hazards, Messis, Ronaldos, Zidanes, Ronaldinhos, etc... expect the 'burden' to be shared even remotely equally between the players is not realistic imo. It doesn't mean Oscar and Willian as well as the rest of the AMs shouldn't raise their level, especially the Brazilians. They should and they will (they're all very young with the exception of Willian), but the reference isn't Hazard. The reference is their own capability at this point of their careers and their adaptation to English football.

Bravo!

You started the post well, but then you missed the point again that others involved in the discussion keep trying to show you.

Not even Hazard replaces Hazard. Yes, he's been our best player this season, but he's had a lot of quiet matches too, including some of which recently, and that Hazard doesn't come close to the best version we had in many matches. There's no other Hazard in the team and chances are there won't be any time soon. It's like expecting to have two Messis or two Ronaldos in a squad. It's unlikely, even if Hazard is not there yet in terms of fulfilling his potential. Still he's a rare talent, one a club is lucky to have, not the kind of player any club can afford to collect in their squad.

Hazard can't be replaced by Oscar, William or by 99% of players right now. He's one of the very best, evolving into becoming a Ballon d'Or material. Expecting others to develop as farther as him is not only unfair to them - as they're not naturally talented as he is - but also delusional, as his talent can't be easily found.

In a team with Hazards, Messis, Ronaldos, Zidanes, Ronaldinhos, etc... expect the 'burden' to be shared even remotely equally between the players is not realistic imo. It doesn't mean Oscar and Willian as well as the rest of the AMs shouldn't raise their level, especially the Brazilians. They should and they will (they're all very young with the exception of Willian), but the reference isn't Hazard. The reference is their own capability at this point of their careers and their adaptation to English football.

I know what others have said but I never said that they should take Hazard as the reference point. I apologize if I didn't make my point clear to begin with. What I was trying to say then that if Hazard is injured (which now he isn't obviously), then it highlights that we lack another player that makes an impact and the difference in our team. Hazard is Hazard. He is a special talent, one of a kind (if you like) yes but I don't mean others needed to be like him. The other players can still have a similar impact and make a difference to our team, in their own way, just like Oscar did earlier this season. Moreover I then pointed out that if say Oscar and/or Willian is/are in form now, then it would help to at least alleviate a potential loss of Hazard is the starting XI because they would still produce the goals/assists and make an impact to the team in their own way. However, the problem is Oscar is out of form right now while Willian is still inconsistent in terms of his final product in the attacking third. And yes I am aware that in time, the likes of Oscar, Willian etc would develop into a better player than they are now and contributing better as well as more consistently to the team but I was speaking about the current situation.

I remember saying Eden is the kind of guy needing a LOT of minutes (it is a belgian thing - see KDB or Courtois for the opposite).

He is not one to burn out, more like one that is about to really lift off. You heard it here first. Period :-) Believe me this time !

I remember saying Eden is the kind of guy needing a LOT of minutes (it is a belgian thing - see KDB or Courtois for the opposite).

He is not one to burn out, more like one that is about to really lift off. You heard it here first. Period :-) Believe me this time !

Yea as Hkibou said a few pages back, his patches of "subpar" performances at times aren't due to fatigue, it's his state of mind.

It's no coincidence he racks up the dribbles and passes once he gets going in a game. For every dribble he succeeds he gains confidence, and at full confidence the magic happens.

Man,his composure at shooting penalties is frightening.He always slots the ball with no hesitation home and sends the GK to the false corner.I really like this technique.Keep it up,Eddie!

think he missed one in his Chelsea carreer. not sure how many he's taken though.