Eden Hazard

the wes

I think what we saw in the 2nd half against Fulham is the difference Hazard can make when he's given more allowances to roam and get on the ball in dangerous positions versus when he's confined to the wings with how many or so players marking him. I'm not sure if the change was deliberate but moving him centrally - to the no. 10 position worked very well and he completely owned it. He was pretty much everywhere on the pitch in the 2nd half and had free license to get involved and facilitate our attacking play in ways that he was unable to in 1st half. I don't think he's afforded the same freedom of movement when he plays out wide. Look at the space he had to pick that pass for Schurrle's first goal. He wouldn't have had that spatial luxury if he were out wide.

I don't know whether Hazard should be played more centrally, I think it depends on the kind of opposition we would be facing. What I do know though is that he clearly struggles to adapt his game when he's being heavily marked....of course the lack of movement around him from his teammates doesn't help, but Eden is the team's biggest attacking threat and Jose needs to figure out a way that makes it easier for him to get on the ball in positions where he can better influence the game. In recent games he's been looking a bit too isolated on the left wing.

That pass for Schurrle's 2nd goal - actually both of his passes for Schurrle's goals - is the kind of creative magic we've been missing these past couple of games and it's the kind of creative brilliance that Jose needs to utilize more. Thought Hazard's vision paired with Schurrle's movement and clinical finishing was such a breath of fresh air.

Fantastic post. :clap:

Especially the last part. Seeing hazard playing a FREE ROLE, creating, making maximum use of schurrle runs could be exactly what we need against these bottom teams.

@EPLIndex: Eden Hazard is the most creative player in the league. 78 chances created so far this season,

67 - Silva & Suarez

63 - Ozil

62 - Sissoko

Sissoko...that guy would be very good bench option I think...relatively unexpensive and improvement over what we have. Should have gone after him in january as Mata 'replacement'. He is very versatile and also underrated footballer imo. Something different than what we have.

Our generation is going to be able to boast about watching Hazard don the Chelsea royal blue just like the one before us boasts about Zola.

It's different. That time was amazing, but it was all about signing world stars who were already established and in some cases a bit past their best. When it began with the likes of Gullit, Hughes, Vialli etc. It was great but in some cases there were only flashes of the old them. Zola was already 30 when we signed him and very much at his peak.

Hazard is the first player in blue I've ever seen who has the potential to be the biggest player in world football. Lamps, JT, Maka and Cech could all stake a claim to being the best in their position for a time but I don't think any has reached the level that Eden could (Lamps was closest in 2005). I actually think the same could be said for Oscar too.

Honestly speaking, I think you might have to go all the way back to Jimmy Greaves for another example of us having such a young talent at our club.

It's different. That time was amazing, but it was all about signing world stars who were already established and in some cases a bit past their best. When it began with the likes of Gullit, Hughes, Vialli etc. It was great but in some cases there were only flashes of the old them. Zola was already 30 when we signed him and very much at his peak.

Hazard is the first player in blue I've ever seen who has the potential to be the biggest player in world football. Lamps, JT, Maka and Cech could all stake a claim to being the best in their position for a time but I don't think any has reached the level that Eden could (Lamps was closest in 2005). I actually think the same could be said for Oscar too.

Honestly speaking, I think you might have to go all the way back to Jimmy Greaves for another example of us having such a young talent at our club.

While i agree with most of your post , im not that sure about the Oscar part.

Dont get me wrong he has been great for us but im not convinced(yet?) that he has that extra bit thats needed to be the best in the world like Hazard surely got

This is delightful news. Unless he starts, it would be perfect ! Cuz if he starts he'll probably end up playing at least 45 minutes. Coming off the bench tho, he'd probably get 30 mins or so.

Also another aspect of this friendly that is somewhat "clutch" is that he's only going to Belgium. No long trips like the Brazilians who went to South Africa. We need him all fired up for Spurs on Saturday :yes:

89 minutes then ? :Goober:

:lol:

Jokes aside though, hope Hazard plays as little minutes as possible. We do not want somebody like Yaya Toure, assuming if he's playing, to go around and kicking the lumps out of him. Similar with Mata in the last 2 seasons, we can't afford to have Hazard getting injured in any way at this point of the season. He's our main man right now.

:lol:

Jokes aside though, hope Hazard plays as little minutes as possible. We do not want somebody like Yaya Toure, assuming if he's playing, to go around and kicking the lumps out of him. Similar with Mata in the last 2 seasons, we can't afford to have Hazard getting injured in any way at this point of the season. He's our man main right now.

Yeah that's true. I think he'll play 45 minutes. Our NT manager said he wouldn't risk Hazard and acknowlegded Hazard was tired. Hope he comes back unharmed.

Like you said he's our main man now and we're gonna need him in top form.